Game-Labs Forum

Santi lost due to bug in r10 mission

Jan van Santen

I just did a r10 mission on PvE server.

My Santi vs an AI Santi. Took some time, but i boarded the ai sucessfully. The AI was heavily damaged, but I could still claim it after winning. I left battle, got the winning debriefing screen, got exp and gold for winning but no gold for sending a ship to admirals.

My own ship still had about 15% armor on the fighting side, no leaks, no water in hull, no fire. 

And still, 1 moment later i was thrown out of the winning debriefing screen and in harbor. It looks like the game mechanics not only made the heavily damaged AI Santi sink, but mine, too...

My exceptional Santi plus several exceptional upgrades and blue marines is gone.

F11 done.

Edit: IGN = forum handle

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 1

I just did a r10 mission on PvE server.

My Santi vs an AI Santi. Took some time, but i boarded the ai sucessfully. The AI was heavily damaged, but I could still claim it after winning. I left battle, got the winning debriefing screen, got exp and gold for winning but no gold for sending a ship to admirals.

My own ship still had about 15% armor on the fighting side, no leaks, no water in hull, no fire. 

And still, 1 moment later i was thrown out of the winning debriefing screen and in harbor. It looks like the game mechanics not only made the heavily damaged AI Santi sink, but mine, too...

My exceptional Santi plus several exceptional upgrades and blue marines is gone.

F11 done.

Edit: IGN = forum handle

no name

no time

no date

did you post the f11 report right after it happened?

• 2 weeks later...

And the result: No answer for a week, after my next mail:  .... In the current mechanic you won't be able to move back to your initial ship once you are sunk on another (captured) ship.....

1) not all of my crew moves over during boarding, but only part of it, the boarding party. So why loose both ships if the boarded one sinks ???

2) it doesnt need my entire crew to sail a captured ship to the admirals either...

which i ofc mailed to support, result: no answer again.

So no reimburse, despite this is a blatant design flaw.

My levelling partner lost his exceptional Victory on the day of the ramming bug. Bug was fixed, Victory not reimbursed. I lost my exceptional Santi due to the design flaw in the boarding process, no reimburse.

I can replace the Santi, however replacing it's exceptional upgrades (crafteable and non-crafteable) is another story...

And why should I ? to loose it from the next bug and not get it replaced by support ???

Sorry, at the current state of the game and its support it is simply to dangerous to sail a first rate.

Btw: Games still mainly sell by word of mouth. Guess how me and my partner speak about it.

Edited by Jan van Santen

My only word of advice is not to "X to capture ship" for AI's. It is not necessary to claim your Admiralty prize. I have heard many people say they lost their original ship by momentarily jumping on to a sinking capped ship.

And why should I ? to loose it from the next bug and not get it replaced by support ???

Sorry, at the current state of the game and its support it is simply to dangerous to sail a first rate.

Don't play EA games. Ever.

You report bugs for them to get fixed, not to get "please forgive us, here's cookies" e-mailes over each and every one. And if you cannot stand it - DON'T PLAY EA GAMES.

You're acting like a child.

• Like 1

Don't play EA games. Ever.

You report bugs for them to get fixed, not to get "please forgive us, here's cookies" e-mailes over each and every one. And if you cannot stand it - DON'T PLAY EA GAMES.

You're acting like a child.

Child ? 

I play computer games for more than 30 years now, did my first beta test  25 years ago, and have played EA games before, too.

I am not acting like a child, but like an experienced gamer, who knows:

The more problems a game has, the better it's support should be !

My only word of advice is not to "X to capture ship" for AI's. It is not necessary to claim your Admiralty prize. I have heard many people say they lost their original ship by momentarily jumping on to a capped ship

Lets hope this is fixed before the fleet patch, else there will be a lot more players complaining.

Edited by Jan van Santen

Child ? 

I play computer games for more than 30 years now, did my first beta test  25 years ago, and have played EA games before, too.

I am not acting like a child, but like an experienced gamer, who knows:

The more problems a game has, the better it's support should be !

Just ignore that guy, he can´t act in any other way obviously. ;)

• Like 2

In one of the next patches the problem will be fixed - once there are no live enemies in an instance, your initial ship won't be lost (the ship must be afloat and not being captured) even if you sunk on a captured ship - the ship will be available in the post battle menu.

• Like 2