Game-Labs Forum

open Apology .....

ok,.

To all those involved yesterday ...I lost it. Totally. Player moral ... player function ... Playability. I Sincerely apologize. Period.

Simply, I cannot get any head way in this quasi-fixed relentless unapetheic game. I spent the first 1.5 months on the PVE server ranking up. All good. That is until you switch to any PVP server and realize you have to "re-acquire" just about everything else. Ships, Gold, Blueprints. You might as well start over with 0 everything. Sucks!

Frankly, I look at it as a chance to have some fun. You keep the most important things; XP and crafting levels.
Ships, resources, etc... are all easily acquirable. If need be you can join up with a clan and they can see about helping getting you into a good ship. Lord knows, in my clan I will happily take a high rank player fresh over from another server and put him in the biggest ship I can muster.

What are you going to do if the wipe comes?

well, dear sir.. "when" that happens....it happens. And everyone will be in the same Boat (no pun intended). That is.. all will have their rank and Craft XP ratings. Mine are getting higher. I am currently 40K from topping out in rank. Currently craft level 33 or 34.. might be up in the 40's if not topped out by said "wipe" -- so hopefully, should be in a better position to deal with an even keel sort of start.

I might be one of a few who anxiously await that event!

But currently --- nope... I will just keep trudging through it.

Cheers,

-Yank

Frankly, I look at it as a chance to have some fun. You keep the most important things; XP and crafting levels.

Ships, resources, etc... are all easily acquirable. If need be you can join up with a clan and they can see about helping getting you into a good ship. Lord knows, in my clan I will happily take a high rank player fresh over from another server and put him in the biggest ship I can muster.

If there was an offer in there... I appreciate it. however, I actually transited with 5 other fellows, in a small clan - at present. Just long-time gaming buds. But we are just 5-6 players.

If there was an offer in there... I appreciate it. however, I actually transited with 5 other fellows, in a small clan - at present. Just long-time gaming buds. But we are just 5-6 players.

Depends on what country you rolled to. If you went to the United States, we absolutely could use more ships to help us fight back the pirates.

ok,.

To all those involved yesterday ...I lost it. Totally. Player moral ... player function ... Playability. I Sincerely apologize. Period.

Simply, I cannot get any head way in this quasi-fixed relentless unapetheic game. I spent the first 1.5 months on the PVE server ranking up. All good. That is until you switch to any PVP server and realize you have to "re-acquire" just about everything else. Ships, Gold, Blueprints. You might as well start over with 0 everything. Sucks!

Yank, I was online reading the whole interchange.  Yeah you got heated.  Much of it however was mutually escalating responses, and you were ganged on by more than one chat personality, and moreover, goaded into responses.  It's like being stuck in a house with your wife and three daughters all arguing with you - sometimes you just lose it or else you eventually give up (usually give up is easier).  But that you are here with an apology (and the others are not?) speaks volumes IMHO.  Kudos to you Yank.  ;)

My recommendation would've been to go to private chat, but then again anyone else who got goaded on like that might've responded the same way.

@ Grape, Eric --- I am playing US. As are the rest of my clan CBR (Chum Bucket Raiders). The highest BP (dropped) any of us have is an Essex/Le Gros Ventre (mine)  --- 3 of us are in the 30's for XP crafting. 4 of us are commodores, 1 is about to flip to R adm. We have 2-3 others about rank 4-5-6 area. But way low on the craft XP totem pole. I am building an Essex tonight (I hope) -- its just been a really long process  and I need a better boat than the Basic ones that are sold at the ports. I left 3 GOLD Live oak Connies on the PVE server -- maxed out -- But that was the biggest boat I had over there as well - due to the BP drops.

One of the main reasons I am trying to help a lot of the newer guys who come in, is there are No training rooms, no how-to's ... nothing to help a player get rolling --its definitely an OJT game. But even trying to help sucks, when your backyard is full of OP gankers. Some of us dabble in the Port Battles -  but again -- still trying to get legs (and ships) that will endure.

@Ribault -- yeah --- after a certain point, it was useless to try to get my original thought across. I just got too defensive. So I closed the global chat and went back to playing - elsewhere.

I would like to say though.. Oldcrankyman - has helped me with a Frigate. He gave me one (free), a week or so ago .. very much appreciated -- but its teak, and just takes a walloping in battle. I try to give as much as I can -- but eventually - I take too much to persevere.

Managed to pick up (capture) a free Mortar brig last night in PB's ... anh, it'll be good for one battle, at least! lol (now if I can just figure out how to point the dang thing!) B)