Game-Labs Forum

Pirate on Pirate to avoid combat, sits in post battle screen.

To force myself to put it short and blunt, which is difficult because I so want to go into detail on your responses admin, all I can say is that the stance on allowed such mechanics to be abused time and time again even under 'in development testing' for an early access has me not really wanting to log into Naval Action anymore. And if we aren't logging in then we aren't generating data to be collected to further your development process. 

All you got out of my post is verbal abuse report and if you can't take it report and ignore???

You missed the point. Players are tired of the abuse of game mechanics. The appearance of devs doing nothing about it. It has reached the point on many of these topics such as this one, that players are wasting their precious 2-4 hours playing or posting on forums about it and they are leaving. I am in no way trying to rage or pick on anyone or anything. But.... I hear what British players say to me " I can't take this anymore, maybe I'll come back in a couple months". Also keeping track of players online numbers at peek times and noticing it going down 100 a week. I don't want closed alpha numbers of 230 at PEAK time. Players know the games problems, we play the game. We see it daily and most feel the devs don't listen or care. If they don't agree with you, most fear the dreaded 7 days forum/chat ban. Please lock the thread. This isn't gonna help the players or devs. Let's move on to the wipe and major patches and go from there.

• Like 5

To force myself to put it short and blunt, which is difficult because I so want to go into detail on your responses admin, all I can say is that the stance on allowed such mechanics to be abused time and time again even under 'in development testing' for an early access has me not really wanting to log into Naval Action anymore. And if we aren't logging in then we aren't generating data to be collected to further your development process. 

I'm pretty sure that we have enough hardcore "players", "testers" to generating data for the devs. And you need to remember that quality is different from quantity.

• Like 1

There is a difference between a false flag and a real flag

False flags

Green on green is supposed to defend people from false flag attacks - where you really expect him to be a friendly but he sinks you. 

Real flags

But in cases mentioned here there was no false flag. They were clearly enemies and they were just present on your side because battle entry mechanics allowed that - and they wanted to save the ship and you wanted to sink them. Green on green former rules did not handle such scenario.. and it was a problem.

Rules has been modified

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/2346-forum-and-sea-trials-rules/

Green on Green protection is off from now on in cases where its clear that the Captain is operating as an enemy flag even if he is on your side (because of mechanics)

• If a friendly ship belongs to a clan on the opposing side in the battle on the open world
  • and if this friendly ship interferes with combat (and does not actually fuilfill his duty to destroy the enemy)

then

• this ship can be sank with no consequences. 

This is a temp solution and will be fixed once alliances patch hits. (you will get an xp hit because we cannot differentiate real vs false flag) but changes in ROE will solve the problem in the future.

This will soften the problem until we fix battle entry and pirate vs pirate roles.

Can you clarify as to weather or not players still face automatic (that is computer controlled/moderated) account resets for Green on green.  In the past it has been stated that this is handled automatically server side, and that several green kills will result in exp reset or forced conversion to the pirate faction. 

The solution for the issue, at a definite level, lies down the development road so instead of going "fist on the table" towards we better keep play-testing.

There has been far nastier mechanics abused before without anyone going "torches and pitchforks" on the Devs - yes, the battle hopping while invisible was extensively abused by nationals especially - and eventually things were fixed in good spirit.

All you got out of my post is verbal abuse report and if you can't take it report and ignore???

You missed the point. Players are tired of the abuse of game mechanics. The appearance of devs doing nothing about it. It has reached the point on many of these topics such as this one, that players are wasting their precious 2-4 hours playing or posting on forums about it and they are leaving. I am in no way trying to rage or pick on anyone or anything. But.... I hear what British players say to me " I can't take this anymore, maybe I'll come back in a couple months". Also keeping track of players online numbers at peek times and noticing it going down 100 a week. I don't want closed alpha numbers of 230 at PEAK time. Players know the games problems, we play the game. We see it daily and most feel the devs don't listen or care. If they don't agree with you, most fear the dreaded 7 days forum/chat ban. Please lock the thread. This isn't gonna help the players or devs. Let's move on to the wipe and major patches and go from there.

You said verbal abuse is rampant and people dont feel protected - this is incorrect information

Verbal abuse is fought harshly and people are getting banned for verbal abuse - you said people feel they cant do anything.. but they can. and they do. We get a lot of reports daily. 

Second point.. 

If you feel that the developers don't listen or don't care you are very wrong delusional (sorry for being direct).

We have delivered 3 big content patches, 15+ patches and numerous hotfixes over the last three months. If you feel it is not enough - there is nothing we can do for you. 50% of in game ships were proposed by players. many features get into the game because they were proposed by players  Perhaps you were spoiled by star citizen daily patches or whoever else does daily patches and listen to players like we do

I personally believe that you are just bitter because some pirates saved 2 of virtual pixels because they can attack each other. They could do it for the last 3 months why it was not a problem in Jan or Feb or March or April why in may suddenly its a problem? We don't do retroactive bans if rule was not in place. We understand that its annoying but we have higher priorities to handle now. 

TLDR 

We are not going to ban retroactively based on the user requests if no rule was present. Pirates could and can attack pirates and thats how it worked before and still works this way. The rules regarding hiding in battles was changed - rules allow you to punish the real flag offender. Fixing this is impossible because other priorities are getting done.

We wasted 2 weeks in february listening to players who asked for queues and afk kicks, and other things; not making this mistake anymore. We have a game to make. Pirates will get a complete overhaul - no point to fix anything to related to them now - it will be a waste of time.

If we ban for everything that is created by design holes or using unfinished features 50% of users will have to be banned including a lot of members of the reporters clan who raised the issue.

• Like 10