Game-Labs Forum

Why don't we have a PvP server?

The current "PvP" server provides far more xp for PvE grinding for the same amount of combat time. It is only to have fun that we PvP. It would really be nice if PvP were rewarded on a "PvP" server ;)

I'm not suggesting that there be no ai, but that the monetary and xp rewards be better balanced to encourage and reward PvP more.

• Like 2

Stop posting pve vs pvp topics please. 

PvP provides 3x xp and money compared to pve. People get up to 15,000 xp and 500-800k gold for port battles.

People don't PvP for other reasons and giving more rewards for PvP wont change anything. You can have 10x reward for pvp and you will still get nothing in a 10v1 gank losing your ship. The majority of people talking about PvP rewards also were against anti gank 1.5 BR limiters. Hardcore pvpers were all supporting 1.5 limits. 

PS. You pvp to hear lamentations of enemy women not because you need rewards. 

• Like 8

PvP provides 3x xp and money compared to pve. People get up to 15,000 xp and 500-800k gold for port battles.

People don't PvP for other reasons and giving more rewards for PvP wont change anything. You can have 10x reward for pvp and you will still get nothing in a 10v1 gank losing your ship. The majority of people talking about PvP rewards also were against anti gank 1.5 BR limiters. Hardcore pvpers were all supporting 1.5 limits. 

I think the issue is for many it doesn't feel that small PVP battles are worth it.

I rarely find myself in large PVP battles and when I engage in 1 vs 2 or 1vs 1 the rewards don't seem that different from engaging AI.

Hardcore pvpers were all supporting 1.5 limits. 

I am a hardcore PvPer and I do not support 1.5 limits. Actually of all the hardcore PvPers I know (my guild and all the PvPers we associate with), none of them liked the 1.5 BR rule.

Here's the real problem:

Someone wants XP or cash. PvP isn't immediately available but PvE is so they jump into PvE.

Someone else wants XP or cash. They should find the first person but he's in an invisible mission so, seeing nobody to fight, this other person does a mission too.

A third person wants XP or cash. The first two people should fight him but they are in missions, so, seeing nobody to fight, this third person does a mission.

[etc]

Doesn't matter how much XP and cash PvP is worth if everyone who can fight is just looking around briefly, going "oh well!" and entering a mission.

Maybe if you moved mission hubs closer together so that people could find each other, we could fix this. Unfortunately the hardcore PvE people do not want this, so you may have to decide if you want this to be more of a PvE game or a PvP game in the future. I think you're losing the hardcore PvPers simply due to lack of ability to find fights.

• Like 1

It might depend on your definition of "hardcore".

If hardcore means "those who favor skilled-based naval combats", most certainly support the idea of a limit of imbalances in fights.

1v2 requires good skills. 1v3 higher skills. 6v20 ace level players.

1v1 is the lowest level of challenge and skill. This is where challenge first starts. It's not hardcore on a definition based on skill and challenge. One could argue its beginners level play.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 2

Its a discussion between supporters of a war game on one side and an arena based game on the other... 

We will never agree

But if I was a dev, I would:

1) make 3 different game modes (warthunder)

2) shrink the world a bit (if more and more players join the world could be expanded again.

• Like 1

It might depend on your definition of "hardcore".

If hardcore means "those who favor skilled-based naval combats", most certainly support the idea of a limit of imbalances in fights.

I'm with Bach on this. 1v1 battles, arranged fights and hard limits are kinda like "PvP For Beginners". It's been cushioned for casual players, so they don't get hurt too bad.

Hardcore means going out there and risking it all every day. If I sail with 8 people, I might get an 8v1 or I might get a 25v8. What makes hardcore "hardcore" is going out there knowing you're taking a big risk, and keeping your eyes peeled because you know there's no game mechanic standing between you and certain death.

• Like 2

I'm with Bach on this. 1v1 battles, arranged fights and hard limits are kinda like "PvP For Beginners". It's been cushioned for casual players, so they don't get hurt too bad.

Hardcore means going out there and risking it all every day. If I sail with 8 people, I might get an 8v1 or I might get a 25v8. What makes hardcore "hardcore" is going out there knowing you're taking a big risk, and keeping your eyes peeled because you know there's no game mechanic standing between you and certain death.

The best part of the French v Pirate war was going out with one or two planked live oak 3rds in the group. We didn't know if we were going to be fighting a few players or a dozen+ but the one thing we knew was there would be no running away. We fought every lopsided battle and we didn't lose all that many. Our single best, in my opinion , was that 6v20 with that group that had two flag carriers in it. Almost all 6 of us sunk but we took BOTH flag carriers down with us. That was hardcore no training wheels pvp right there! Edited by Bach

LoL, what?