Game-Labs Forum

Clan Flags instead of tags

I see a lot of people wanting visible clan tags in the open world.

How about letting clans have their own flags that are seen on the back of a ship in the open world and in battle?  Would this type of thing be possible or too much work to introduce?

It would be nice to be able to spot clan mates on open water but tags seem so unrealistic to me and spoil the flavour of the game. Even in battle wouldn't it be much nicer if clans were visible by a flag on the ship rather than the name of the person?

• Like 1

I see a lot of people wanting visible clan tags in the open world.

How about letting clans have their own flags that are seen on the back of a ship in the open world and in battle?  Would this type of thing be possible or too much work to introduce?

It would be nice to be able to spot clan mates on open water but tags seem so unrealistic to me and spoil the flavour of the game. Even in battle wouldn't it be much nicer if clans were visible by a flag on the ship rather than the name of the person?

Flags kill FPS. I heard developers want to remove flags from Ports. So, I am not sure if ship flags will even be present on OS. I would add them as an option. Want flags - Enable, Don't - Disable.  

This game is history related or at least it is trying to be. I really do not want to see stupid clanflags flying over the ships. Tag is fine. Can you imagine how "creative" players can be. 

Edited by Porpoise
  • Like 1

Flags kill FPS. I heard developers want to remove flags from Ports. So, I am not sure if ship flags will even be present on OS. I would add them as an option. Want flags - Enable, Don't - Disable.  

Will the port names have a little flag icon near them instead? :P

This game is history related or at least it is trying to be. I really do not want to see stupid clanflags flying over the ships. Tag is fine. Can you imagine how "creative" players can be. 

It only has to be a small square flag or insignia not huge like the Nation flag already on display. It could replace one of the other numerous small flags already on display.

Edited by Edward the Black
  • Like 2