Game-Labs Forum

Officially done with this game-Fix grind

op couldnt have been more right this game is about done for unless the dev start to change some things sure you will have your 300-600 players playing that are fan bois but that will not make the game grow

the dev have stated many times they dont care if the game grows or succeeds but want to make what they want to see and that should be a big red flag to new players

the game game has lost 75% of this player base since 1/21 went it went on steam 8 of my friends have quit cause of the pace of the ow and how long it takes to do something and dont give me the pvp crap 90% of the port battles i have been in have been no defense hell last nite we did a port battle with 5 people dam 5 whole people to take a port that was a big epic fight

sure i could move to a free town by the opposing factions and pvp but then it will just be who will gank what

the reinforcement but was a good way to have fun fast now that is gone last nite 2 more of my friends didnt come online cause they didnt want to wast any more time just sailing around doing stupid missions or looking for the odd pvp game needs a lot more to do and with only 500 people online last time on pvp 2 at primetime well lets just say that isnt good

Youre the same guy who says if youre not in a Victory then you cant play. Sorry but anything you say is void do to your complete ignorance.

• Like 1

Agree with many of the posters here that it's only a grind if you fall into the trap of "highest rank/largest ship = best player" and make a mad rush to reach that goal.

Many of the oldest players from Sea Trials and earlier have been through the grind (in various forms) and reset multiple times and are in no rush to reach the highest rank though excessive AI grinding. There is tremendous value in taking the time to learn each ship not to mention it's fun to do so. You can challenge yourself to go into the Bahamas with a Privateer one day to fight pirates and perhaps use the Trincomalee the next in a hunting pack to find enemy 3rd rates. Many mighty 1st rates have fallen to these supposed 'lesser' vessels at the hands of skilled captains.

Players are only cheating themselves out of fun and experience if they simply grind to the top as a sole means of progression to use the largest ships.

• Like 6

mr doomed i have played online games for 20yrs have seen the fan bois ruin so many games it isnt even funny keep saying everything is fine and in about 1 month when there are about 300 people playing this game and you wonder why this is the reason

and yes i am the guy who says in about 2-3 weeks victories will everywhere if you want them but what is the point of victories when 5 people in 5 3rd rates can cap a port and have no defence yes and epic fight that was

every game will have the mr dooms and the atomic mooses but sad to see most games were mr dooms ruled have failed not saying the mooses games have done better but i am still playing some of them for the last 2-4yrs i dont see this game making it 4 months at alone 4yrs

just my point of view but i feel most causal gamers follow my ideas and with the population dropping faster than well you get the idea

and lev if a 3rd rate is sailing by himself he deservers to be killed and that what pvp is in this just like eve who can gank who the best that isnt pvp that griefing we need a way of getting some balanced pvp in and the small and large battles dont work noone uses them 

Edited by Atomic Moose

mr doomed i have played online games for 20yrs have seen the fan bois ruin so many games it isnt even funny keep saying everything is fine and in about 1 month when there are about 300 people playing this game and you wonder why this is the reason

and yes i am the guy who says in about 2-3 weeks victories will everywhere if you want them but what is the point of victories when 5 people in 5 3rd rates can cap a port and have no defence yes and epic fight that was

every game will have the mr dooms and the atomic mooses but sad to see most games were mr dooms ruled have failed not saying the mooses games have done better but i am still playing some of them for the last 2-4yrs i dont see this game making it 4 months at alone 4yrs

just my point of view but i feel most causal gamers follow my ideas and with the population dropping faster than well you get the idea

and lev if a 3rd rate is sailing by himself he deservers to be killed and that what pvp is in this just like eve who can gank who the best that isnt pvp that griefing we need a way of getting some balanced pvp in and the small and large battles dont work noone uses them

Lol only 20 ? Ive been playing since the internet went online and the first games came out. 20 years ago i was alreasy running a 300 man fleet in sfc.

Edit. Nvm mind you win. Carry on.

Edited by Mrdoomed

I do not think that peolple criticizing the grind are necessaritly against the game. There is such a huge potential in this game (provided that the core idea of the "age of sails caribbean combat simulator" will be enhaced with more contents) that "keeping it low" (as it seems Devs are willing to do) maybe just seems to some people some sort of a big wasted occasion.

I add another thing: games are not eternal, they have a life, they are born and they die. The risk for Naval action is to stretch the so called Alpha for so long that it will burnout the majority of old community without having the capacity to attract the new players.

For now I find things to do and play on (with no concern for the grind) but I know that the more the time passes with the game feeling like the same the higher the risk that it will come the day in which I could tell "I'm bored, let's look for some other game". It happened - for me - with Eve online, where - having a crapton of skillpoints - there are hundreds of things to do.

I just hope that the devs will add contents for this reason: because I want to play on the game, not because I want to give up.

Edited by victor
  • Like 2

I only have limited time to play..I dont have 1 hour to sail to fight for 30 minutes....then to sail again for an hour..if the grind to level up crew is any slower I will contemplate leaving. Yes I go cap traders and take part in Fleet/port battles when i can. I do crafting. and make the game as exciting as I can..But I want a conni.. I live 20 minutes from the real one. But I dont want the grind to take as long as it would to build a real one. 

and if anyone played NAvyfield..they will know what a really long long grind is like. 

Edited by Zisme

It may be many of my complains arise from my time on PVP2. For the most part all the port battles I have done have been empty battles with exception of a few, which had a few defenders, in all cases the xp/gold payoff for time invest was poor. However even on the EU server the time I play the server pop is always around 300-400 people because I play late nights-eastern time and that is when the server is mostly dead.

So PVP1 will not be a savior for me.

Man this is an alpha why in the world do people expect full game content and experiences from them is a mystery to me..and the grind is avg in respect to those who really have the grind like:  Path of Exiles, Planeside 2, Diablo, Destiny, Warframe and Star trek online. all of these games have them.  But most of them are complete too. I see my self coming and going with this game based on content release and when they fully release, ill probably roll another nation.

Its never going to fully release, so many alpha games used said title as an excuse for lack of content, because they dropped an unfinished game on the market for money, and they have no intention of ever going full release.

I am willing to bet money this game never leaves alpha.

Its always made me chuckle to read your post. You pat yourself on the back over and over about how great you are for being honest about not liking things but in the same breath criticize and name call anyone who is honest about liking things in the game. Its not all about justyou, justme.

The sooner you entiled gamers realize the game isnt finished the sooner you can get on with your life.

Rage on.

Funny coming from you, seeing you talk of your greatness from a dead server with chronically low population.

Least we make each other laugh.

all servers are dieing not just pvp2 pvp1 at us times isnt any better and only about 1500 at high times while that is more than 3x pvp2 but at times i play all the servers are about the same

as dirty has said i have been in many port battles 90% of them had no defenders and as i have said before we did a port battle with 5 ships last nite just see if could and it really wasnt very hard that is not pvp at all maybe when they change the port mechanics it will be differenent, they are promising alot of things and time will tell if they will deliver but my money is with dirty this game will never leave alpha with the dev attitude of they really dont care if people like the game only that it is what the dev want