Game-Labs Forum

Modest suggestion to solve some RvR problems (politics included)

victor

I believe having a group of six-ports next to each capital that produce all needed resources to make ships is a good idea.

I disagree with any "safe" or "carebear" zones.  If you join a PVP server, expect to PVP in all areas.  People already shy away from PVP far too much.

so you think forcing guaranteed loss PVP on people will make them shy away from PVP any less?

There is enough Freeport's to allow anyone to survive. The rest should be up for grabs. Capital and the water right outside it should be safe to stop people greifing noobs. My opinion.

if you just outright dismiss the fact that resource production is being reduced every patch now

and dismiss the fact that you can't produce resources in free ports

then yes, free ports can support an economy. 

But that is simply not how it works :) Never mind the atrocious gameplay that is sailing to four different types of free towns, some of which will be 2-3 hours away. But I guess you don't think you'll ever be in that situtation, and anyone who ends up in it only has himself to blame and might as well quit.

I really despise this "Let's see how fast we can burn this game down to the ground" attitude many are showing here.

• Like 2

My suggestion:

Captured ports need supplies. If one cannot maintain its empire, one should not have its empire.

If you cannot supply your ports with your traderfleet, they should be more vulnerable to attack then fully supplied cities. This will create a zone of player maintained core ports and outer-rim ports of an empire naturally.

Gives industrialists reasons to move supplies for their productionchain maintenance, gives pirates reasons to hunt stuff moving, gives hardcore PVP-ers reasons to protect their cheap-ship delivering carebears, gives meaning to expansion of ones empire and attack other empires that leave weak spots in their port network by not maintaining. 

Add in some interesting exploration for roaming casuals, and voila, you have a game.

Just my two cents.

• Like 3

Make XP and Gold gains BR dependent. So if you gank a player that is significantly lower level than you and alone, you get practically no XP/gold for winning, if you fight an equal or better rated enemy you get lots of XP even if you loose and more if you win.

Make XP and Gold gains BR dependent. So if you gank a player that is significantly lower level than you and alone, you get practically no XP/gold for winning, if you fight an equal or better rated enemy you get lots of XP even if you loose and more if you win.

Ganks do not happen because of xp and gold. Ganks happen if time and location have a bad juju.

I thought about this and even suggested it a while back but my idea evolved since then.

I think ports should ultimately have dfferent strengths and ports with more importance should over time become stronger, be it by traffic, player investments, usage (number of outposts, building facilities, etc).

This way ports that actually have importance would be safer, yet still conquerable.

Could be as simple as players buying and paying maintenance for extra towers... And when they get destroyed they take X time and money to rebuild.. This would allow a other nation to pound the port several days to get it.

It would break some of the realism that the Devs were going for, but move capital cities around to open the map more. Having the capitols where they are now puts the Swedes, Danish, French, and to a lesser extent Holland in direct competition the second they leave their capitols. I just think it would be nice to spread out the map more.

Yes, you can farm xp in the PVE servers, and then move with your levels to PVP. PVE is already the "safe zone"

Great idea. Moving to PvP server with no money no BP and no ships. No there is always an safe area. Even in WoW. If you try to raid the capital of a fraction you have several elite NPC protecting this area.

I like the whole idea. PvP should be outside the starting area. And 4-6 ports sounds fair. It should be enough to not completely bring down a whole nation which only brings an ego boost for certain players and causes the loss of playerbase. We already lost about 700 players on PvP1. And more will quitt if things are keep going.

There should be a safe area and safe ports to make sure a nation can still build ships and the players can trade and make missions. It should also not be able to jump into other players missions.

For the PvP part: there is still the option to join small or big battles. You don't have camp in the area of capitals. Further you must not. It's a clear statement from the devs. If you really feel the need to gank small ranked players you can still do so outside this area. Every PvP game has spawn protection. And if not the admins will warn you only once not to camp or gank there.

Edited by CptEdwardKenway

if you just outright dismiss the fact that resource production is being reduced every patch now

and dismiss the fact that you can't produce resources in free ports

then yes, free ports can support an economy. 

But that is simply not how it works :) Never mind the atrocious gameplay that is sailing to four different types of free towns, some of which will be 2-3 hours away. But I guess you don't think you'll ever be in that situtation, and anyone who ends up in it only has himself to blame and might as well quit.

I really despise this "Let's see how fast we can burn this game down to the ground" attitude many are showing here.

The last sentence is something many players should think about. There are certain groups who just plays to have an ego boost and not to have fun or to help the devs or to gain players. Even if the last serious opponenet quitt they would still put oil into the flames.

They would still gank other players. If 4 Renommees are jumping on one single Snow the xp and gold reward is almost zero. So they already don't care for this. They just want to troll players and destroy the fun of this game. Only way to protect players from this attitude is a safe zone.

Yes what we really need to spark more pvp is a carebear safe spot of 5 or 6 cities, that of course will produce everything you need for crafting between them, so all the EZ mode guys can sit and grind endlessly on missions or crafting and trading in complete safty.

I sure hope the devs jump on this idea quick ! They should also let us by forcefields for our ships in case we need to go to a scary place full of bad people who want to touch us.

Edited by Mrdoomed