Game-Labs Forum

Until in-game politics, port battles, timers, flag planting/buying mechanics  will be resolved i suggest have weekly/monthly map resets.

Benefits:

Everyone would know that it will happen so is we found something unbalanced we can fix it with the next wipe.

No Nations would be eliminated and no more false peace agreements where small nations are forced into.

More practice for PB strategies and money sink for flags.

Less unhappy players .

Downside:

None  

• Like 1

Map resets can only be done with Asset wipes as well.  Would you like your assets wiped every month?

I did not know this. Looks like the DB too complicated for this game if one can't be done without other.

I still remember we had some issues with keeping XP , craft XP if you want to swap nations. It did get resolved.

So i am sure devs can work around this.

And no. Asset wipes should take place only if major changes would be done in game.

EDIT: On other hand i wouldn't even mind asset wipes until the game gets balanced.

Thats how much i like this game :)

Edited by Toothless Jack

I don't think a wipe is needed right now, maybe a wipe before full release. But for the love of god, don't wipe my XP, take my ships, take my gold, but If I would seriously need to climb back up from my basic cutter to master and commander, I don't think I would ever have enough courage to do all that XP grinding again. Its too much fun in my surprise right now, or just derank one or two ranks, max.

Downside:

Completely killing RvR and removing most of the players who reached the 3rd rate from the game

Opposite .. They would need to capture ports all over again next month.

With better tactics, better ships.

I don't think a wipe is needed right now, maybe a wipe before full release. But for the love of god, don't wipe my XP, take my ships, take my gold, but If I would seriously need to climb back up from my basic cutter to master and commander, I don't think I would ever have enough courage to do all that XP grinding again. Its too much fun in my surprise right now, or just derank one or two ranks, max.

Admin said it before.. There will be no XP or craft XP wipes anymore.

Assets is one of the things that we get too easy in this game.

Opposite .. They would need to capture ports all over again next month.

With better tactics, better ships.

And that's why they would not do it. As long as alliances shift, ports being contested change, players look for different fronts... it's interesting and fun.

Repeating the same very process of the same very port battles time and time again - not to mention having to redo the whole outpost infrastructure - would NOT be interesting. Especially since no-one would want to do any of that, since the wipe would come sooner rather than later. And again.

And again.

And again...

• Like 1

And that's why they would not do it. As long as alliances shift, ports being contested change, players look for different fronts... it's interesting and fun.

Repeating the same very process of the same very port battles time and time again - not to mention having to redo the whole outpost infrastructure - would NOT be interesting. Especially since no-one would want to do any of that, since the wipe would come sooner rather than later. And again.

And again.

And again...

Lets just imagine for a second.. 

PvP1 EU server. Pirates will eliminate Spain.. some of them turns pirate others scattered among all nations and some leave.

Than pirates eliminates another nation And again

And again

Pirates growing during these actions so theoretically it is possible.

So what would you do when there is no more port battles at all?

Make false peace again so pirates would give you few ports back to play with?

We saw that already on PvP1. Everyone trying to fix it manually where is should be some safety switch against it.

I understand that many of you would like to make your own/original game but i say we can ' borrow ' good things thats been made in other games.

Same old good POTBS . They had these map wipes and it worked perfect. One nation had good go one month, reset and do it again.

( I took pirates just as an example )

• Like 1

Downside, the only measurable form of progress in the game is taken away (or am I the only one that doesn't care about endlessly grinding to the next rank?). I know personally it would lead to me playing less. Not sure how this is not obvious to you.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd aggggggaaaaaaaaain..... XP will NOT be wiped with assets, the devs have stated. Search function is your friend....

its not about XP getting wiped or craft level, it's about lossing all the progess made, plus if when you do a wipe if you lose all your resources and have to start over it's a huge pain because you missions to start making some gold again to get built back up are to high to do anything, so yeah trying to use a basic cutter to do a Ravager mission yeah thats not going to work that frigate will waste you no matter how good you are. they should be able to build something in so vertern players get something to help get them back into ships they can crew or give a ship of equal level to your character the money part no big deal it's the grinding to get back into a rate 5 ship when your crew comp is 350 and only thing available to you is a basic cutter after a wipe. I know that people will quite playing if they lose everything they spent litteraly weeks building up at least soften the blow by giving them a ship equal to their level nothing special just a basic ship of that level.