Game-Labs Forum

We raise our glass ...

Lytse Pier

... to all those captains that sailed under the French and Dutch flag this evening (22nd of February 2016). Thank you for the great fun!

In all honesty France, we are not afraid of your superior numbers on the seas! We have genever enough to even double your numbers ourselves if we find the odds too close to 1:2 on your bad nights.  ;)

Jenever-De-Kuyper-vintage-bottles.jpg

• Like 10

Please, Please... The Jenever was all we were after.  Alas, I fear that prior shipments were had in full!  We now see your plans in full, allowing said goods to be captured on the eve of battle.

--------

In all seriousness, I fought 3 NPC's for 30 minutes before someone finally told me they weren't players (Thanks Steelsandwich).  I think the Dutch will be OK...

• Like 4

Please, Please... The Jenever was all we were after.  Alas, I fear that prior shipments were had in full!  We now see your plans in full, allowing said goods to be captured on the eve of battle.

--------

In all seriousness, I fought 3 NPC's for 30 minutes before someone finally told me they weren't players (Thanks Steelsandwich).  I think the Dutch will be OK...

Dutch jenever.. no thanks. As a peacefull trader I like to go for your superiour cognac :)

• Like 1

Was great fun indeed!

You guys put up an awesome defense on those 3 attacked ports and though Cumana turned into a slaughter house, it was one of my most enjoyable battles.

Indeed the sea ran red that day! we had to release all the spanish prisoners taken from the campaign from panama to accommodate the brave souls of the french fleet.Was a marvelous affair and well played to both sides. 

• Like 4

pretty cool how the French deal with victory but also with defeat. It is a lot more fun if your enemy keeps a pleasant formal and verbal exchange. one thing I always honored and recognized among all French I sailed across so far. It will be interesting to see if other nations fare that fair as well. Hope our tongues are, too, respectful if the tummy is full of that fine Jenever.

• Like 1

I like to hassle and harass a little in-combat but aye, where's the fun if you can't have a chuckle at the end of it all?

And for all the RP-enthusiasts out there, remember that at the time we would be proper gentlemen as well as officers, and would treat the enemy with the same respect we'd otherwise reserve for our own. Perhaps more, as the greater you proclaim your enemy to be, the greater your successes against him seem, and the lesser your losses!

After having spotted a large arrival of cognac intended to supply the French sailors on the front, the Dutch attempted an offensive on Pampatar yesterday.

Dutchies: 25 - 1 Bello / 10 Thirds / 1 Consti / 10 Trincos / 3 Cherubs - 8360 BR

Frenchies: 25 - 10 Thirds / 2 Trincos / 2 BPs / 6 Cherubs / 3 Surps / 2 Cerbs - 7400 BR

At start, the Dutch main line sails close-hauled to the upwind tower and a Dutch division of 1 Third, 1 Trinco and 3 Cherubs is detached to the downwind tower. The first frogs to spawn, 2 Thrids, 2 Trincos and 2 Cherubs start a downwind chase. The next frenchies to spawn set up defensive lines near the downwind towers. BR=1.1

After 30 min, 3 towers are down, 2 French frigates are sunk, the downwind Dutch division is sunk, and the main forces engage a close-hauled line-fight next to the 2 last towers. BR=1

The Dutch line tacks in line to bring arcs to the last tower, the French line follows afterwards, getting the wind. After the last tower explodes, the Dutch line disengages downwind as one. A second Dutch Third is sunk though, caught against the wind. The French line follows the Dutch turn-as-one. BR=0.9

The Dutchies reform a line during their broad reach course, the frogs as well. The Dutch line turns in line to bear guns on the following frog line. The frogs maintain their course, charge and manage to cut 2 Trincos at the rear which are sunk.

The long Dutch line starts tacking in line to get the wind, the frogs chasing their rear guard at beam reach in blob formation, managing to catch 2 more Trincos, which are sunk.

After their tack the Dutchies start a broad reach charge into the middle of the French blob, but the frogs make a 180 gybe-as-one and reform their line to bear guns on the Dutch front ships. Some Dutch vessels start to leave the battle, and the remaining ones are caught and sunk.

Butcher's Bill

Frogs - 1 Cherub, 1 Surp

Dutchies - 1 Bello, 6 Thirds, 6 Trincos, 2 Cherubs - including a Third captured by the frogs, which carried some curaçao

GF guys

cognac13.jpg

In the grim darkness of South American shade there is only war.

There is no peace among the palm trees, only the eternity of carnage and laughter of thirsting captains.

Jenever for the Jenever god, coconuts for the coconut throne!

• Like 4

In the grim darkness of South American shade there is only war.

There is no peace among the palm trees, only the eternity of carnage and laughter of thirsting captains.

Jenever for the Jenever god, coconuts for the coconut throne!

... and so it will be our faith, forsaken with anger, with grim faces still smiling, and filled with glorious hope of victory.

** taps twice on the table with his full glass, before going bottums up with it. **

Cheers.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...