Game-Labs Forum

Hotfixes for several annoying issues

admin

I can only be confident that the rest of their decisions, even if just slightly anything like this patch, will drive the game towards the world of the loudmouth carebears.

There's only one such person being so loud in this thread.

The development team is amongst the most flexible I've seen. Quick to rectify errors, and willing to change.

You must remember, this is a project of passion. They love their game as well.

L'etat c'est moi.

• Like 1

The marks is NOT overflowing with iron right now, you can still make good profit with it trough trading, don't exaggerate like that.

This is some screenshots from the smallest nation, the nation with by far the least ports on the eu pvp 1 server. These are the 3 closest ports to where I were, I don't have time to show u all but u'll get the point, there are thousands and thousands of iron ores not being used. There are more distant ports that have more iron then this.

iron1.PNG

iron2.PNG

And this is definitely an overflowed market. Oak and Fir is next. Where is the exaggeration you mention?

Nope, I'm only showing two Swedish ports since Marigot now is almost impossible to get in to, instead of really really hard which it was in the last version. It's funny how they cant fix these kinds things but instead focus of ruining the entire market.

Edited by Gatsu

I liked this hotfix-patch, personally...

However, I do acknowldge that the gold rewards (not XP) increase was perhaps too high, and might need to be toned down.

I also acknowledge that increasing production isn't the only way you will fix the lack of resources for crafting;

• Limiting how much produce can go to contracts alone (say, 50% max) is one way I would agree with...
  • Making any log able to craft into planks is another way I would like it to go...
  • Production buildings seem like a nice idea too...

All that said, I personally am not amused at all this negativity - talk of massive playerbase leaving - etc.. Threats (which is what they are) like that are not the way you will change the game, constructive feedback is what you want to provide.

Also, those complaining, you must take the perspective of other players. Yes, maybe you have it good, you have been able to build yourself a good niche and trickle of money... you have your big ships already... How about you think of everyone else, and their enjoyment. People didn't come to this game to play around in baby ships (that's not what is advertised in pictures and videos), they came for the big and impressive ships (say, starting at 5th rate). It shouldn't be wrong to let them get there without spending 1 week of 24/7 playing to grind up money and XP to buy those ships.

The more veteran players have to avoid the 'now I'm at the top, I don't want others to get to my level as easily' mentality.

Edited by Don Alfonso
  • Like 1

There's only one such person being so loud in this thread.

The development team is amongst the most flexible I've seen. Quick to rectify errors, and willing to change.

You must remember, this is a project of passion. They love their game as well.

L'etat c'est moi.

Loud because the game is getting too easy, which is the straight opposit of a carebears opinion, that is correct and thank you for recognising the importance of these long term destructive changes they are implementing.

Edited by Gatsu

And this is definitely an overflowed market. Oak and Fir is next. Where is the exaggeration you mention?

Nope, I'm only showing two Swedish ports since Marigot now is almost impossible to get in to, instead of really really hard which it was in the last version. It's funny how they cant fix these kinds things instead of ruining the entire market.

Early access is for testing and fixing. Economy is not in its final state and what you see right now does not represent what will happen once port investments and port production is implemented.

• Like 5

All that said, I personally am not amused at all this negativity - talk of massive playerbase leaving - etc.. Threats (which is what they are) like that are not the way you will change the game, constructive feedback is what you want to provide.

I've already gotten discouraged to play tonight after reading these patch notes. I'll probably wait for the next few patches from now to see if they are ready to get serious about making this game already. But then I've most likely found something more pleasing to spend my time on, that's how things go for me and a lot of other players, and it's also how "Early Access" is proven not to be only for players wanting to contribute with bug reports.

I give up on trying to give any feedback now, I think it's pointless. Bye.

Edited by Gatsu
  • Like 1

Early access is for testing and fixing. Economy is not in its final state and what you see right now does not represent what will happen once port investments and port production is implemented.

You as a game dev should be aware of the importance of how your game develops during the EA. How many games haven't already died during EA due to a wrong turn in the development process? It's not only about reporting bugs and if today is the day that you learned this, then I'm sorry.

I think that this patch was such an obvious failure that I lost any confidence in any future patches. How can this not be predicted?

Edited by Gatsu

Folks, just lets test it for a Week and see how it goes? Jesus...

Sure, when the damage basicly is irreversable without an asset and crafting exp wipe.

There was literlally noe Oak at all or 600 Gold per unit

we used to have something to spend gold on, now we dont.

And if you want to be historically accurate I think that oak should be rare... (as far as I know)

Edited by Gatsu

It defiantly will, currently the only usable resource left that's not overflowing on the market.

ive seen it a few times but thousands did leave the games. look at reign of kings for example.

congrats, you no longer have to actually fight or make an effort to get your resources, HOW FUN! There is only one thing in game which has ANY value now and it's your labor hours.. bleh

Jesus youre a Negative one...

I havent seen Oak in TEN DAYS: It was sold out everywere, all times.

and i did run 5 Contracts for it.

Whats the point in sinking ships now as their cost will go down by 75%? PvP does not hurt the enemy the least! This extreme excess of resources will overflow the markets with low priced ships.

Tahts actually true. But only for low tier ships.

I liked this hotfix-patch, personally...

However, I do acknowldge that the gold rewards (not XP) increase was perhaps too high, and might need to be toned down.

I also acknowledge that increasing production isn't the only way you will fix the lack of resources for crafting;

• Limiting how much produce can go to contracts alone (say, 50% max) is one way I would agree with...
  • Making any log able to craft into planks is another way I would like it to go...
  • Production buildings seem like a nice idea too...

Also, those complaining, you must take the perspective of other players. Yes, maybe you have it good, you have been able to build yourself a good niche and trickle of money... you have your big ships already... How about you think of everyone else, and their enjoyment. People didn't come to this game to play around in baby ships (that's not what is advertised in pictures and videos), they came for the big and impressive ships (say, starting at 5th rate). It shouldn't be wrong to let them get there without spending 1 week of 24/7 playing to grind up money and XP to buy those ships.

The more veteran players have to avoid the 'now I'm at the top, I don't want others to get to my level as easily' mentality.

Yes, we need more people who wasn't able to save money sailing in a brig to get 5th rates. And start taking slots in port battles. And ram other guys cause they can't control their fifth rate. We need RvR to became useless - no point to fight for the territory and resources cause you can earn money from 2 missions to buy basic ship of your rank in port.

The sea will belong to carebears now!

And to clarify - I am playing the game only since steam EA.

Edited by beduin

Sure, when the damage basicly is irreversable without an asset and crafting exp wipe.

i doubt taht 7 Days will kill the entire game... jesus

You know, this is how it will be for a few weeks now most likely and it will take a long time for the worlds economy recover from the excess of millions and millions  that people will be having. Because you can't suddenly add a huge money drain at some aspect to balance half of the population against the other half who won't have a chance to afford anything because of it. The recovery will be really slow and this game just became pointless unless they do a complete wipe of assets.

We already gave the "iron crisis" patch a try and this patch will overflow the market in the exact same way. You don't need to try it out to see the outcome again, do you? We tried the insane iron increase and it didn't work, now they did it with other resources? This patch is such an obvious fail that I've totally lost my faith in game-labs to make something out of this game. I can only be confident that the rest of their decisions, even if just slightly anything like this patch, will drive the game towards the world of the loudmouth carebears.

Wipe?

Btw the gold amount for pveing was good as it was, i was doing from 25to 40k in 20-2mins fleeting in a 3rd rate, augmenting it is imho too much, i was doing 700k-1ml day easly, ok i play a lot 8-10h, but  if the rate is even augmented ppl can do the same in half time? quarter of that  time now? that means ppl like me can do 3ml in 1 day that is an enormous amount. That will inflaction the costs for less "hadcore" players.   I already see ppl selling mercury for 200k !!! 

I understand improving missions pay out (even if you boosted it too much ) a +30%/100%  was enought. (my commodore missions went from 5k to 25k so a + 500%) 

I am a developer also, so i suggest our devs to balance things by smaller increasing steps instead jump  the gaining or spawn rate of resource  or gold by +300-500% in 1 shot

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 2

This is some screenshots from the smallest nation, the nation with by far the least ports on the eu pvp 1 server. These are the 3 closest ports to where I were, I don't have time to show u all but u'll get the point, there are thousands and thousands of iron ores not being used. There are more distant ports that have more iron then this.

iron1.PNG

iron2.PNG

Nope, I'm only showing two Swedish ports since Marigot now is almost impossible to get in to, instead of really really hard which it was in the last version. It's funny how they cant fix these kinds things but instead focus of ruining the entire market.

all right, he might has a point. But it was too low before patch. the Dev will have to balance it out. thats all iam saying. this will take a bit time.

Plus as i said. Gold and ships will be wiped before beta anyway

So, your comparing unlimited, almost free, resources to everybody with having to push prices until you just cant anymore to get your resources. Can you now see why we no longer are fighting to get resources? I must ask you, what did you expect trading to be about? Why is value of resources not important to you?

You're being a hysterical alarmist.

Peior to EA they had the same problem with an artificial shortage of gold ore. They solved it by bumping the amount of gold ore produced. It did not create the sorts of problems you fear.

I think you need to calm down a bit.

• Like 2

Jesus youre a Negative one...

I havent seen Oak in TEN DAYS: It was sold out everywere, all times.

and i did run 5 Contracts for it.

Tahts actually true. But only for low tier ships.

so only because you didn't know how to get oak, you went to the forums complaining about it making them do this patch to ruin it for everybody that knew? yeah makes sense that they should follow your suggestions. and 7 days of this patch is all u need for the hardcore games to have earned millions and crafted lots of high end ships by todays standards at basicly no cost at all.

I've already gotten discouraged to play tonight after reading these patch notes. I'll probably wait for the next few patches from now to see if they are ready to get serious about making this game already. But then I've most likely found something more pleasing to spend my time on, that's how things go for me and a lot of other players, and it's also how "Early Access" is proven not to be only for players wanting to contribute with bug reports.

I give up on trying to give any feedback now, I think it's pointless. Bye.

If tahts your View, you have no place in a EA anyway Goodbye

• Like 1

You're being a hysterical alarmist.

Peior to EA they had the same problem with an artificial shortage of gold ore. They solved it by bumping the amount of gold ore produced. It did not create the sorts of problems you fear.

I think you need to calm down a bit.

when you feel the need to insult people in your posts instead of providing any shred of useful information you might wanna calm down...

If tahts your View, you have no place in a EA anyway Goodbye

why most people are like me is why games die during EA, you cant deny it...

so only because you didn't know how to get oak, you went to the forums complaining about it making them do this patch to ruin it for everybody that knew? yeah makes sense that they should follow your suggestions. and 7 days of this patch is all u need for the hardcore games to have earned millions and crafted lots of high end ships by todays standards at basicly no cost at all.

Again for you... ITS EA, EVERTHING WILL GET WIPED!  Did you hear taht?

And yes i did complain in the forums and suggested a Increase of Oak production. Because apperently nobody had a clue how to get Oak. We we have guys in our Guild sailing from Gustavia  Mexico to find so for our crafters.

They are balacing stuff out! Dont you get that? Is it sooo hard? if too much they will reduce it. If its ok its ok.

And why are you so aggresive? EA is meant to test stuff out?

when you feel the need to insult people in your posts instead of providing any shred of useful information you might wanna calm down...

But you do see the point in ajusting the production until they find a good lvl. or do you disagree with this as well?

Players already have millions

On the oak and fir there was no supply at all whatsoever. For iron you can actually buy it in some ports now.. but half of the ports is empty - providing trading opportunities. 

You cannot make something without breaking something. Many things will break a lot in the future as well.  if this is a problem for you all EA games will be a problem for you Captain.

The issue is that you came into an early access game with all the forewarning that title implies, and apparently expected a mostly finished product that only lacked playable ship content. What you got instead was a late alpha missing many of its economic features, and now you are complaining about the sweeping changes game devs make at this stage of development to find the perfect balance. 

Give it time, and see what happens. Crying that the sky is falling and the game is ruined before it even leaves alpha is incredibly premature.

• Like 1

You might want to reread my post again. I did provide information. I pointed out a time pre-EA when they did this exact same thing to address a resource scarcity and it SOLVED rather than caused problems.

Yours,

GrapeShot, a.k.a. A Loudmouth Carebear

• Like 1