Game-Labs Forum

Give Teak +1 durability for shipbuilding.

Currently on PvP 1 and this may be simply due to location oak is actually cheaper to source 21-30 then Teak ~45. This is probably in part due to the doubling of oak production but given such the narrow gap anyway Teak has little reason to be used even for basic ship grinding at this point. Teak is very rot resistant due to the natural oils and it's composition so making it give a bonus to durability may give it an incentive to be used over Oak.

Now I personally think the entire shipbuilding framing bonuses need to be revamped as material simply wouldn't effect speed. However, this suggestion is made in the vein of the current system of ship building.

• Like 1

That would mean all first rates would be built of teak, since being able to afford twice as many and being able to put top end mods on them on every second run with no fear of losing them would more than make up for the loss in durability.

That would mean all first rates would be built of teak, since being able to afford twice as many and being able to put top end mods on them on every second run with no fear of losing them would more than make up for the loss in durability.

Sure, but then they would be weaker in strength then oak and even weaker then live oak. Plus exceptions can be made for the top most end of the spectrum. Just right now there is little reason to build out of teak, even for simple grinding craft level.

Teak gives +1 to armor class

live oak gives +hp + armor class - speed

teak just gives armor class

some people say it is better than normal Oak HP buff. Because over long term you receive less damage but maybe i am saying too much about mechanics that players are supposed to figure out themselves like in Dark Souls :)

• Like 14

some people say it is better than normal Oak HP buff. Because over long term you receive less damage but maybe i am saying too much about mechanics that players are supposed to figure out themselves like in Dark Souls :)

Thats very interesting :D

So if we positioned the same ship (with different frames) on the same distance from another vessel with the different gun types the penetration of the ship will differ depending on what kind of wood the ship use.

So Oak add to the HP and not the the armor class?

i am saying too much about mechanics that players are supposed to figure out themselves like in Dark Souls :)

i like this i was on pve and i had suspicion about everyone building Live oak/build strength on every thing thinking it was good, i disagreed with them and turned out to be the odd kid who had different ideas.  makes me feel good that i was on the right track to begin with.  i can now freely think on my own again, knowing that most people i talked to about these builds had less of an idea of builds than i did :).

• Like 1

not relate, but any hype for Ds3? :P

Edited by Nash

• 3 weeks later...

This is something we would never figure out on our own because we can't shoot friendlies excessively to test things like that.

Greetings, admin :) Why dont you throw us another bone ? x +1 = y is the equation you want us to solve, where x is base ship armor class and y is teak ship armor class. In this case, if x>20, then oak is better than teak :P