Game-Labs Forum

PvP server

I have a suggestion.

After reading global chat just now I figured that one of the issues in the game is a lack of scaling in PvP. So. I'd like to suggest a serversplit. Not on grounds of US vs. EU communities but instead on the grounds of a PvP oriented community and a.. less than PvP oriented community.

I want what this game sells itself as - Hardcore and realistic. There is nothing hardcore about the game as it is. Everyone makes millions in no time and there is no risk in the game what so ever.. Atleast not if you take a moment to look around before you leave port. Magic is abound all over the server, from the conjuring of reinforcements to the boxes the PvP players have been confined to.

My suggestion:

A server for the real PvP players, the hardcore and realistic gameplay that we were promised:

- No magic, no safezones.

- Death of a sailor. Everytime a sailor sinks he loses health, determined by the random number jesus that the @admin seem to love overly much. Every player starts with a healthbar of for example 100, after every death it falls by 1-20, making 5 the shortest life in the carribean. Upon death the possesions of the sailor is inherited by his next of kin that starts all over in terms of experience.

- This would mean that fewer players sail SoL due to there being fewer players with the max rank - hence make the BR of the ports smaller and more 5th rate friendly (except regional capitals and high income ports)

- make ports BR dependant on the taxes they bring in.

In short make the game as clean and realistic as possible. There would still be a mountain of issues that needs to be adressed ranging from economy, crafting, port ownership and the value of having a port, RvR issues due to low numbers etc. but it would at least mean that those willing to play on the real PvP server would have a common grounds for discussing the mechanics. - Premis for any discussion: Make it as hardcore as possible.

3 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Christ!

Yes?

13 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

I have a suggestion.

After reading global chat just now I figured that one of the issues in the game is a lack of scaling in PvP. So. I'd like to suggest a serversplit. Not on grounds of US vs. EU communities but instead on the grounds of a PvP oriented community and a.. less than PvP oriented community.

I want what this game sells itself as - Hardcore and realistic. There is nothing hardcore about the game as it is. Everyone makes millions in no time and there is no risk in the game what so ever.. Atleast not if you take a moment to look around before you leave port. Magic is abound all over the server, from the conjuring of reinforcements to the boxes the PvP players have been confined to.

My suggestion:

A server for the real PvP players, the hardcore and realistic gameplay that we were promised:

- No magic, no safezones.

- Death of a sailor. Everytime a sailor sinks he loses health, determined by the random number jesus that the @admin seem to love overly much. Every player starts with a healthbar of for example 100, after every death it falls by 1-20, making 5 the shortest life in the carribean. Upon death the possesions of the sailor is inherited by his next of kin that starts all over in terms of experience.

- This would mean that fewer players sail SoL due to there being fewer players with the max rank - hence make the BR of the ports smaller and more 5th rate friendly (except regional capitals and high income ports)

- make ports BR dependant on the taxes they bring in.

In short make the game as clean and realistic as possible. There would still be a mountain of issues that needs to be adressed ranging from economy, crafting, port ownership and the value of having a port, RvR issues due to low numbers etc. but it would at least mean that those willing to play on the real PvP server would have a common grounds for discussing the mechanics. - Premis for any discussion: Make it as hardcore as possible.

This was kinda tried with NA Legends.  It failed.  There is a myth in this game that folks want fair fights and challenges.  It's only a myth. 

Wolves don't want to fight other wolves, sheep are more fun.  Which is why I'm always astonished when they actively lobby against protections that would keep more sheep in the game and make them happier.  It's kinda like cutting off your own food supply really.  Happy sheep....happy wolves.  People are stupid.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Yes?

This was kinda tried with NA Legends.  It failed.  There is a myth in this game that folks want fair fights and challenges.  It's only a myth. 

Wolves don't want to fight other wolves, sheep are more fun.  Which is why I'm always astonished when they actively lobby against protections that would keep more sheep in the game and make them happier.  It's kinda like cutting off your own food supply really.  Happy sheep....happy wolves.  People are stupid.

NA legends were an arcade game - nothing like Naval Action. And I'm not preaching fair fights - they don't exist, not in life and not in Naval Action. I NA the mods gives one side a decided advantage. And numbers don't lie - the current iteration of magical mechanics has the player count almost as low as the old Global server.. Which ofc could also be because the well functioning EU server were merged with the broken global server with no regards to why one was functioning and the other wasn't.

The numbers of players in this game seems inversely proportional to the number of Requin [negative] threads on this forum.  Not a surprise though, just look on the Steam reviews, they don't lie, because there are no repercussions from your statements since the mods here can't delete their comments like they do here, and people are exiting the game so handing out the actual truth.  And the common theme now on those reviews is DLC is ruining the game.  It isn't an NA server issue, and splitting the servers again won't help this game.  The issue is obvious to those with eyes.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Which is why I chuckle every time I see some chest-beating pvp player telling others how they shouldn't be attacking AI because it's so easy and not a challenge and how unworthy they are, when all they're doing is picking easy prey and not a challenge and calling themselves superior because it's pvp.  lol.  Oh, but of course the excuse is now because in war, you're supposed to plan your advantage, that's why they can do it. :rolleyes:  Again, not solved by splitting servers, although those that actually do want a real challenge would be together, all 12 of them.

• Like 1

Now now girls lets not start talking bolloxs.

@Christendomis right, no one wants a fair fight in OW. Its why I think the w/e tournament won't work.

NA-Legends has nothing to do with fcuk all. It failed because of the migration drift in models started just after launch. NA-L was an old issue to start and NA-OW was introducing Leeway. The models became pole apart...and could not be managed. NA-L wasn't supposed to take up man hours put it became a cluster fcuk sucking up resources. They stripped it back with the Battle Instances and that's that. He launched it too early that's all....

The DLC Super Ships needs a solution. It reminds me of the Connie skills tech tree they introduced. Fcuk, but they solved it after a time. They'll solve this also. Don't know when but they know its an issue right?

Constitution | UpgradeModulesCount 5

The Grind Connie...

Slot 1: None & XP: ?

Slot 2: None & XP: ?

Slot 3: Needs  Endymion (Slot 4)

|-------->Endymion (Slot: 3): Needs Trincomalee (Slot 4)

|--|------------>Trincomalee (Slot: 3): Needs Surprise (Slot 4)

|--|--|------------------>Surprise (Slot: 3): Needs Renommee (Slot 4)

|--|--|--|------------------------>Renommee (Slot: 3): Needs Mercury (Slot 4)

|--|--|--|--|------------------------------>Mercury (Slot: 3): Needs Privateer (Slot 3)

|--|--|--|--|--|------------------------------------>Privateer (Slot: 3): Needs Basic Cutter (Slot 3)

|--|------------>Trincomalee (Slot: 4): Needs Renommee (Slot 5)

|--|--|------------------>Renommee (Slot: 3): Needs Mercury (Slot 4)

|--|--|--|------------------------>Mercury (Slot: 3): Needs Privateer (Slot 3)

|--|--|--|--|------------------------------>Privateer (Slot: 3): Needs Basic Cutter (Slot 3)

|-------->Endymion (Slot: 4): Needs Surprise (Slot 5)

|--|------------>Surprise (Slot: 3): Needs Renommee (Slot 4)

|--|--|--|--|------------------------------>Privateer (Slot: 3): Needs Basic Cutter (Slot 3)

Slot 4: Needs  Trincomalee (Slot 5)

|-------->Trincomalee (Slot: 3): Needs Surprise (Slot 4)

|--|------------>Surprise (Slot: 3): Needs Renommee (Slot 4)

|-------->Trincomalee (Slot: 4): Needs Renommee (Slot 5)

|--|------------>Renommee (Slot: 3): Needs Mercury (Slot 4)

|--|--|------------------>Mercury (Slot: 3): Needs Privateer (Slot 3)

|--|--|--|------------------------>Privateer (Slot: 3): Needs Basic Cutter (Slot 3)

Slot 5: None & XP: ?

1 minute ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Apart from the server pop issue its still a terrible idea imo. What will happen if everyone has to start from 0 after a few deaths? Noone will risk anything, only ganks and running

True. But I miss the matches where my heart where in my chest. Last night I was sunk by Rediii in a Pavel vs Wasa match. I didn't even get an erection.

EDIT: The point is, no risk is poison, why play a game that doesn't create the fear of losing and the joy of winning?

Edited by Guest