Game-Labs Forum

Would be beneficial to layout a suggestion as previously pointed by the devs

- add tags to the thread title ( this helps the devs browse the suggestions at a glance ) - 

- explain the suggestion thoroughly -

- add Pros -

- add Cons -

I think it makes no sense to develop a game like NA with lots of DLCs before release.

Target of an development process is to find out what is the best and what makes sense for the player ... for all players included the normal and the hardcore players ... to enjoy the game as much as possible.

I would suggest the devs shpould make a poll to all players...

How many ports do you have?

Do you think, its enough?

Do you think it would help to have more outposts?

... and no ... its not my task ... I have an job already ;)

For me 5 extra is a bit too many. 2 extra for player + 1 outpost from clan fit better.

* As discussed before, it may be P2W. So if it is a DLC (2 outpost), should also be obtainable by in game currency, 500-1000 cm for 1 extra outpost.

* 1 clan outpost and warehouse at selected port which can be used to increase pvp and rvr thus total activity. Clan outpost can be used by each clan member, it has maintenance costs like ports.

* Extra dockspace for clan, either taking some from members or with high purchase cost.

Just increasing the limit from 8 up to 10 would be a major improvement. If a DLC in the future then arrive for 5 more, then hallelujah! 

Since I started playing this game I have had constant issues with to few outposts slots. The routine I have for closing and opening new ports continuously is a tedious time sink. I bought an 2. account to handle crafting ports and trading ports, but I would still like more outpost slots to join PvP action all over the map. Those with just 1 character are often limited from joining what ever is going on because they have 8 slots to cover all their needs for PvP, RvR, crafting, trading and that is not enough.

If no more outpost slots are going to be added we need to rethink the way outpost slots work and give players access to the map in it's current form.

Crazy  idea that is guaranteed to be hated:
What about making all our own nation ports accessible as outpost. No more sailing and towing between your own nation outpost. What ever you have in the capital would be available at the nations furthest away front line port instantly. No need to sail there and open an outpost, if your nation owns it you can just jump there and access all your stuff. 
Yes it would totally flip our current way of trading and transporting up side down, yes it would open up for a lot of exploits, yes it is very not realistic that we have to sail all over the place and get attacked and suck while afk.

But the content in this game needs to become more accessible for all, and if the option of more outpost slots is not on the table then we need to suggest and discuss other options.

• Like 2

Why not eliminate any need to sail or spend time in the OW and go full multi level arena ? PvE grants access to PvP grants access to RvR. Everyone has infinite outposts and ships and ... buildings become obsolete. I know it is slightly offtopic but on topic, because need and want sometimes are not the same :)

Ahoy Captains and Devs,

I'll say that out of the box we should have 10 Outposts, scaling like we do now. We should be able to have more but that part needs to be different. First, clans need to get a Clan Outpost at every port they own. It makes sense, they caped it, they own it. Others can have Outposts but must pay a rent on top of the permit fees, which would be set by the clans that own the port. All other unowned ports would be set by the Admiralty. Less in a national port, not owned by a clan, but higher in a neutral or freeport. If you don't pay it goes away, and all the stuff in it, confiscated by the locals.

Fair sailing all and have a great day/night.