Game-Labs Forum

4 minutes ago, Landsman said:

Some RUBLI bro is trying to sell a LGV refit tea/teak with bovenwinds and nassau boarders in global for like 1 hour now... nobody seems to want it :P

LGV is an unconventional weapon. For some reason solo pvp players want to turn it into a solo pvp frigate, for that role they have surprise and maybe trinco and other ships. 

its a support ship with a specific role and it shines in that role. Players have to find that role. 

13 minutes ago, admin said:

LGV is an unconventional weapon. For some reason solo pvp players want to turn it into a solo pvp frigate, for that role they have surprise and maybe trinco and other ships. 

its a support ship with a specific role and it shines in that role. Players have to find that role. 

we have been using them on the night crew because its the only thing we can be in other than a 6th rate in order to get people to tag us. and with the safe zones there is no point in going out looking for pvp anywhere else other than capitals.  so maybe that's your intended use. it has generated a little bit of content for us. 

another thing that is nice about them is that you can hide in all the enemy ports once they come out with a gank fleet. its like the ultimate gank ship. if you get a crew of 5 of them together. if the revenge fleet comes out then you just go into port and wait for reinforcements. I believe the sweedish night crew has gotten a taste of it. 

Edited by King of Crowns
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, admin said:

I know it is a pirate ship / trader hunter but where is it's role when it doesn't even do this better than most other frigates? Yes, you can play it as support ship but you can play all ships as support ship... just a small buff to swivels and 3/5 slots would be really balanced in my opinion... it is still rather weak and can't beat "solo pvp frigates" ( assuming same captain skill again ) with its downwind focused profile and 90pd broadside. 

I doubt even with 3/5 slots it could beat surprise or trinco on the same skill level... just a tiny buff to swivels and 3/5 make it still a support ship / trader hunter but at least worth sailing and more versatile... wouldn't you agree?

I would be happy, if you at least consider it. With 90pd broadside weight it will never outclass the other frigates anyways... not even if it had 5/5 possibility ( maybe in boarding because it has 310 crew but that's it... )

5 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

we have been using them on the night crew because its the only thing we can be in other than a 6th rate in order to get people to tag us. and with the safe zones there is no point in going out looking for pvp anywhere else other than capitals.  so maybe that's your intended use. it has generated a little bit of content for us. 

another thing that is nice about them is that you can hide in all the enemy ports once they come out with a gank fleet. its like the ultimate gank ship. if you get a crew of 5 of them together. if the revenge fleet comes out then you just go into port and wait for reinforcements. I believe the sweedish night crew has gotten a taste of it. 

@admin That's its only purpose atm... baiting noobs because they think it's a easy kill and then gank with 5 that hide in port... Have to agree here completely.

2 minutes ago, Landsman said:

@admin That's its only purpose atm... baiting noobs because they think it's a easy kill and then gank with 5 that hide in port... Have to agree here completely.

most of the "newbs" we have killed have been max rank players in frigates+ and other ships that think they got an easy trade ship kill. its a troll ship the counter to revenge fleets bro. 

Edited by King of Crowns
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Landsman said:

you judgeing the way we generate our content sir? it sure sounds like you have a condescending attitude. don't blame us for the devs mechanics with safezones.  desperate times call for desperate measures. 

3 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

most of the "newbs" we have killed have been max rank players in frigates+ and other ships that think they got an easy trade ship kill. its a troll ship the counter to revenge fleets bro. 

Yeah, exactly.

Its a fun ship and its only real advantage is that its able to duck into enemy ports when the revenge gank fleet arrives. The swivel guns do some crew damage side to side, i found the best use for them though is to try and leak shot someone due to their very high pen fire the 9 pound main deck then fire the swivels and you can get 15+ leaks which can put down many ships around its size. Its pretty under powered over all though other ships just do its job better and don't cost 25pvp marks. Giving it prep per round or some other boarding bonus instead of the base 20 prep which i find to be pretty useless would be nice along with 5 slots. Anyway its a fun ship not a good ship.

734C62773617D051603BD04B17B59FF40AD747C97218BE26146C2EB0979716C87139FB3B25E42FD1

Edited by Aster
  • Like 2

Just now, King of Crowns said:

right here is ur judgmental tone sir.

I'm not seeing it sorry... must be you. Where is it judgemental? Please elaborate. I didn't even refer to you directly in this statement... ? Did I say "KoC and his gang found the only purpose in LGV refit with ganking US players in it 5 vs 1 because US players are probably the easiest PvP farm on the server even after dutch and can be baited like this?". Because I don't think I said that.

What if the refit showed you as a LGV AI of the nation you were in on the OW? That would make it a very interesting pirate ship, you could pretend to be an ai. If no combat buffs are given to it at least that would add to its fun aspect.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aster said:

What if the refit showed you as a LGV AI of the nation you were in on the OW? That would make it a very interesting pirate ship, you could pretend to be an ai. If no combat buffs are given to it at least that would add to its fun aspect

@admin Something like this would make it more special. Maybe add a perk for 1 point that let's you see through the "false AI flag", so people who hate it can get rid of it for 1/5 perk slot ? The AI disguise could work only up to a certain distance or if you use spyglass on the pirate ship you get a 50% chance to  reveal it? With something like this 3/3 would be acceptable... 

2 hours ago, admin said:

I tried to use it as a normal Frigate and learned that it was infact a support ship, I sometimes bring it in pvp groups as it's really good at boarding and i can carry all those prized Rum....and repairs on it from captured/sank players.

However the swivels i feel are lacking, they do pen real close and do about 2-5 crew kills. So unless im really close i have them turned off 90% of the time.

It would be great if they could load Chain (reduced damage to sails due to the smaller balls compared to standard chain) though.

But aye once i started using it as a support ship with other players it turned out alot better :) 

I got @Palatinose with one :D and some other players who allowed my men onto there ship so kindly. 

Those other players were constant and good pvpers too, some Prussians and British. 

People tend to ignore you as they think the ship is terrible, Until at a certain time i come out from nowhere and board them and make em panic. I've not lost a LGV yet amazingly even with me going right outside Port Royal.

Edited by Bloody Hound

11 hours ago, admin said:

we tested this theory and cant confirm this statement.

we probably need to buff swivels.. but they are already op (if used in the very narrow segment of boarding support for example) - maybe they are op to my opinion, but due to price of the ship not everyone can find the beauty of the vessel (like people found the wapen)

I honestly didn't noitce any improved crew kills from the swivels as they tend to hit mast and sails more than anything when your aiming with your lower deck up close instead of clearing decks.  

It honestly should be a BP not a note so I can make them how every I want and with the new random perks.  It should be a 3/5 ship even if it's a trade ship. I still don't know why trade ships are 3/5 now that you have to open there slots.  When they where free 3/3 slots it made since you got only three slots, now you have to actualy grind them out they should get 3/5 and the other crafting perks other ships get by being a BP not a note.

I thought it was a fun little ship, but I would prob just use the plain one for bait and keep to my renno for hunting random trade ships instead.

• Like 1

Swivels shot will go through the stern windows without the need to blast it to tinder. Shooting down into lower open deck is also great.

Still it is a funny ship to play although I agree that, being a ship that has been transformed from a trader into a raider, she would be "crewed" by non-maritime trade folk but by hardened sea dogs that can pack more knowledge and refit it it better. The option to open more slots is a good one.

Does it make a option for the meta gamer ? Of course not :) , but it is a fun ship to play with for non metas, same as a Navy Brig or a L'Hermione.

Experiencing NA versus Winning NA.

~S~

On 2/27/2018 at 4:22 AM, Hethwill said:

Swivels shot will go through the stern windows without the need to blast it to tinder. Shooting down into lower open deck is also great.

Still it is a funny ship to play although I agree that, being a ship that has been transformed from a trader into a raider, she would be "crewed" by non-maritime trade folk but by hardened sea dogs that can pack more knowledge and refit it it better. The option to open more slots is a good one.

Does it make a option for the meta gamer ? Of course not :) , but it is a fun ship to play with for non metas, same as a Navy Brig or a L'Hermione.

Experiencing NA versus Winning NA.

~S~

I would love to see more refit ships too that can be added to the PvP store.  The Pirate Frigate should be honestly remand to the Privateer Frigate and than maybe we can name the LGV the Privateer LGV instead of refit.  Maybe have a few other Privateer ships that are refits.  I would preffer them to be BP's instead of notes too.  The SC could be the Privateer version of the L'Hermione too.  Each one with a perm paint that is different from the base version of the ships and some stat changes that make them maybe weaker in some areas to make up for the added crew, guns or other things that privateers/Pirates would stack on a refitted ship.

They can even bring back the old plain Rattle snake and give the Heavy Rattler the "outlaw" paint that is in the API files...that is if it's not just a place holder.  

By making them blue prints instead of notes you can have them with a recipe of the base ship and than added stuff to make a Privateer version of that ship (wood types stays the same but states and perm paint chnage).  If folks remember POTBS had refits ships like this you needed the base ship to make the refit out of them.