Game-Labs Forum

Port Battle timer cool down

Can we maybe have a cool down on the Port Battle timer change option.  This way you have to wait 48 hours before you change it again.  We are trying to plan an attack on a port and the owner has been changing the port battle time like every day this week so you can't make a set plan to attack the next day with a group cause it's changed from the day before.

• Like 10

Just now, Teutonic said:

Agreed.

I think it's absolutely needed and I don't care what side or what nation you're on, it's cancer and it has to stop.

It will be much easier to set the price to change the timer (like 50 pvp marks) or 1 million dollars . 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, admin said:

It will be much easier to set the price to change the timer (like 50 pvp marks) or 1 million dollars . 

Dollars? The monetization is real, budget resolved until 2035! :P

But really though, just as with flags going from 600,000 being worth a small fortune to people buying 10x troll flags just for kicks, fixed prices are bad, 48 hour cooldowns are good.

I also think the setting the timer to 11-14 should be changed also, 

11...Right after maintenance? getting people ready before hand is a nightmare. You have to expect people to wait during maintenance or plan a day before. Even still if you were going for a distant port the brief window of raising hostility is already closing as you're sailing there.

No pre sail (Granted you can tell people to log out in the ocean beforehand) but that means they have to wait an hour while maintenance happens.

13 or 12 would be better as atleast then you can have a Hour or two before hand to prepare.

Edited by Bloody Hound
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, admin said:

50 PVP marks isn't even in the same ballpark as 1mil dollars

PVP marks are Brozene.....get rid of them and make gold (which shouldn't be gold but pieces of 8) the main currency of the game

13 hours ago, admin said:

50 PvP marks each time you change it after the first time?  I kinda like that.  1 million won't work cause that is chump change for most players currently.  Though I'll be nice and say we can even lower it to 25 PvP marks just to make it so it's not a nightly thing to avoid a port battle.  I mean we are happy to do the port battle at any time with this port, but it takes two days to flip and do a port battle and you have to get every there for both days.  Hard to do when you give folks a set time.  

13 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Make all changes happen on Monday (once a week) unless port was captured recently (first setup).

Including closing/opening port.

When port is captured it should be auto free to set every thing.  Though Not sure I like having all option lock to once a week.  You should be able to close and open you port any time you want, they closed ports down all the time for storm and wars in real life.  It's the dictating when some one can attack you that is being abused.

10 hours ago, Sea Fox said:

50 PVP marks isn't even in the same ballpark as 1mil dollars

PVP marks are Brozene.....get rid of them and make gold (which shouldn't be gold but pieces of 8) the main currency of the game

That the whole point is make it insanely expensive so they can't abuse  the system.  Not to mention what you care aren't you like anti-clan or something and I'm pretty sure you know what port I'm talking about too.