Game-Labs Forum

Takes too long to sink with chain shot

On a command to "destroy" enemy ships my fleet ships fire cannonballs

If I then command them to damast, they fire chain shot

Ok

If they have been firing chain shot and I command them to "destroy"  they fire all cannons at the hull of the enemy ship, the problem is there still firing chain shot!!

Now I would love the command functions of grapeshot and boarding for my fleet ships but most of all I would just like them to try to sink a ship with Cannon balls and firing chains t sails

@admin

Please fix

Thank you

10 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

I believe this is a graphic only problem.

I’ve noticed this with fleet ships before, but keeping checking the enemy damage on the map reference. There you should see, hull damage taken by the enemy after switching.

I will check it next time. They do actually fire only at the hull but visually it is chain. Ill note damage

long story but,

used Pickles as interference against an AI SoL fleet chasing me. The Pickle on Mast damage caused chaos with the front Santi reducing sails there by reducing the speed of the entire fleet. When he was behind the Santi I change to sink and he wiped the stern out but no crew damage. Visually was chain shot. Then I went back to chain. 

The Pickles are so small its hard for a Santi to hit... if it does tis toast.

15 minutes ago, Aster said:

I'm pretty sure they are firing chain. Use a trade ship vs the ai and the ai will often shoot chain into your hull

Gawd don’t I know it. I was helping a mate grind a slot in his Indiaman in fleet missions and since he was in a trade ship, even tho I wasn’t, the AI were chaining the crap out of my sails! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aster said:

Its annoying, good way to troll your friends if they want to do missions

Jean use to send his alt in with a trade ship in a fleet mission.  Get them to start shooting chain and than he would bring in his main char and sink all the ships.  I tried it but was bruning through more sails repairs than anything. 

3 hours ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

I thought chaining the hull was the fastest way to sink a ship.

Only if your a US player right?

Dangit I have to stop making US jokes now.....grrrrrrr

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Jean use to send his alt in with a trade ship in a fleet mission.  Get them to start shooting chain and than he would bring in his main char and sink all the ships.  I tried it but was bruning through more sails repairs than anything. 

Only if your a US player right?

Dangit I have to stop making US jokes now.....grrrrrrr

Seen you on earlier. When did you switch? Why did you switch?

8 minutes ago, Sea Fox said:

Seen you on earlier. When did you switch? Why did you switch?

I been over for a while, just secret;)

Today for my main still got tons of stuff to move as I'm down to clan stuff as all my stuff is moved.  Russia doesn't have a big US player base so lack of player content in our prime time and well the fact they seem to lost a lot of players and can't support being spread out so much.  We figure with the remove of redeemables next month it's best to get to a nation with a large US player base to play with and fight other nations with large US player base.