Game-Labs Forum

Lys-au-Crane, english speaking society in France

Good evening.

There might be one or two here that recognizes Lys-au-Crane from the french nation, Roberts server in Pirates of the Burning Sea. We are now slowly re-forming in this game, and do so in the swedish nation now, after originally trying France, and we're at the moment on the server EU PVP 1.

We have a history of being a small society, mostly with casual players, epic in theorizing and unexpected AFKs, but we do have fun together. We've mostly been made up of slighty older players, so we have no real command structure or leadership as such. The society is administered by some of the older members though, wich we refer to as "the old guard".

Members of the society are mainly interested in the eco, PvP and RvR portions of the game, and in Naval Action our use of PvE action is for levelling. What we want is to engage in PvP and RvR, primarily. A core value though is that we have no demands on members, we're all basically free to follow our own course. If someone wants to lead, they can do so, and if others think the choice of action is a good one, they'll follow.

As a society we do not have a history of sharing resources, but we do help our "youngers" out when needed, and have had stocks earlier to hand out basic helpful stuff. But as a basic principle, when it comes to resources and such, we can be viewed as a free-traders banded together in co-operation.

We do welcome new members if they feel they fit in with us, and for those interested, "Gilbert af Aris", "Carl Drake" and "Carl Gustaf Wrangel" are those to be contacted in-game so far. Our forming so far is pretty slow, but with time we will provide more names to contact with applications.

Part from that, it's good to be here, and any old friends who wants to send a greeting are welcome to do so in this thread.

Carl Gustaf Wrangel, "C-G"

edit:

A list of captains then so far that can be approached in-game if you're interested in joining. Remember though that we're mainly old, casual, english-speaking and play for fun.
Gillbert af Aris
Hein Vogelsang
Carl Drake
Fuge
Carl Gustaf Wrangel

Edited by Ampen
  • Like 2

Welcome. The stronger the EU timezone, the better. Fair sailing,

GRIM

Thank you!

Hi Gilles and Carl! Good to see you both again, and the rest of Lys here.

Well, this name I recognize, from Ordre de Loup or what was it? Occassional joiner of Griffons de Mer as well if I recall correct!

• Like 1

Welcome! And stay calm in the East :-)

Hello guys welcome to the game.

Oh on a side note hello Compass Rose glad to see you here.

Thank you fellas!

We meet again, Carl.   :D

Ah, the Imperial Shipyard is present! Hello Compass! I suppose you've already figured out the nuts and bolts of crafting?

Greetings from SLMFr. We are happy to see you organize on pvp1. There is a goodly number of English speakers operating around Louisiana. Id be happy to speak with you and your leadership in order to keep communication going between all of us.

vive la République.

You are hearby wanted for Treason and AWOL!

You and your collaborators are ordered to report in to the HMK HQ in Gustavia at once where you will face trial for AWOL and Treason against the Swedish crown!

All your ships and personal belongings  ( if you ever had any that is...) will be confiscated according to Swedish laws.

You will be facing an extremely biased and drunk jury who will decide your fate!

You will have until 15:00 this Saturday to turn yourself in.  ( Not before because we are busy visiting our "local provision provider" to fill up our storage rooms )

If you report in without resistance, you might receive a lenient sentence.

/ G.M - Servant of the only true ruler, the king of Sweden and Pommern.

Greetings from SLMFr. We are happy to see you organize on pvp1. There is a goodly number of English speakers operating around Louisiana. Id be happy to speak with you and your leadership in order to keep communication going between all of us.

vive la République.

Good evening! Unfortunately we felt we lacked the banjo playing skill required to settle in Louisiana, but we welcome co-operation and communication although we'll probably stay based in the antillies. Good to see there's more english speaking societies in the french nation, I'll return with whom we'll have as a contact person.

goog lys au crane we ove you join us ^^

Good evening Pierrick! Nice to see you too, and hopefully we can organize enough to contribute to the cause! 

You are hearby wanted for Treason and AWOL!

You and your collaborators are ordered to report in to the HMK HQ in Gustavia at once where you will face trial for AWOL and Treason against the Swedish crown!

All your ships and personal belongings  ( if you ever had any that is...) will be confiscated according to Swedish laws.

You will be facing an extremely biased and drunk jury who will decide your fate!

You will have until 15:00 this Saturday to turn yourself in.  ( Not before because we are busy visiting our "local provision provider" to fill up our storage rooms )

If you report in without resistance, you might receive a lenient sentence.

/ G.M - Servant of the only true ruler, the king of Sweden and Pommern.

So, first you accept a 45000 gold bribe to let me of the hook, assist in my escape, and then you charge me for it? Swedish bureaucracy at its best! I'll be there!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AHOY!

I have been told by a messenger that I was requested to report back for duty

Carel Hogenduyh, AKA Carel de Handelaar, reporting back for duty at the brave men of les Lys-au-Crâne.

Pour France! Pour la victoire!

Cheers,

Carel.

• Like 1