Game-Labs Forum

Binding Teleport To Regional Capitols

100 members have voted

1. 1. Should players be able to bind their teleport to a region capitol?

• Yes
    • No
    • I love lamp!

I will admit that I came up with this idea a while ago and I can't really think of any cons to this idea, but I'm sure that some of you can argue against anything so let's get a discussion going. I like this idea because mainly I feel that it is a pretty easy addition to the game for the developers. This will also help nations that have a main capitol too far away from where they want to fight and also helps different nations fight against each other who normally would not be able to. It allows for more use of the map where currently half of it is never used. It also makes regional capitols more valuable than they currently are.

The way a system like this would work would just have the player go to friendly owned regional capitol and on the home screen would be a button "Bind here" and it would take away the main capitol as a teleport and replace it with this town. If it gets captured then it would reset back to a main capitol teleport. Gotta keep it simple and obvious.

Those are just a few reasons I can come up with as to why this would be a good idea, I would love to hear about other pros/cons or exploits that would need to be considered with a system like this.

Please... for gods sake lets not do that, why dont we just introduce the teleport to all our warehouses again!(sarcasm btw), i think it is a bad idea, maybe without ship, but then why dont you just put a outpost there so you can do the same thing? otherwise i belive it could be too disruptive for port battles as people teleport with ther first rates in the future right to the battle, negating any risk and planning the attackers took.

• Like 3

The thing is open to abuse but its a nice safety net to people lost at sea. Even with skill and experience its quite easy to get lost if you take your eye off for a second.

but then you have the regular teleport to capital button...

I think this is intended to replace your normal capital TP button. So since you are the Dutch, say you guys wanted to establish an outpost on Cuba and capture Nuevitas, a regional capital. You would then be able to select Nuevitas as your new TP destination rather than Willemstad. What good is the normal TP button if you and your clan are based in a spot that isn't even relatively close to your capital.

Also, what is the point of Regional Capitals? There seems to be no use for them, this would at least give a use to them, and to make them more desired.

• Like 1

am not liking the fact that you will be able to claim a regional capital on the front lines of your expansion and then recall back from anywhere on the map (timer permitting) for attacks/defences with the ship you are currently sailing

in my opinion a little of the planning in strategy is lost in terms of where you need/want to be at what time

am good with how it currently is

Then the system currently only provides an advantage to clans with a central capital like the British or Pirates, but what about the USA? Their current teleport to capital option is useless for them if they want to PVP at all.

• Like 1

I'd be fine with perhaps being able to link your Teleport to a single outpost of your choosing.  Retain the teleport cool-down, and consider an additional cost/cool-down for changing your  teleport location.  I do agree it'd be nice to be able to return to a location - for instance I'm currently an hour or two from Fort Royal and would like to set-up shop at another French port instead. 

If you decide to base in a totally different area to your capital the teleport is worthless. IT might provide an advantage in some ways for getting ships into a combat zone, but conversely it leaves the player unable to get those ships to their capital if combat is near there *Shrug* seems like six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Edited by Ratline

We shouldn't have the teleport bound to the capital. It takes a long time to sail around the map as it is, players should be able to teleport to any port that belongs to their faction. In regards to teleporting into a port battle, just stop teleporting going to that port when the global message appears.

We shouldn't have the teleport bound to the capital. It takes a long time to sail around the map as it is, players should be able to teleport to any port that belongs to their faction. In regards to teleporting into a port battle, just stop teleporting going to that port when the global message appears.

And again you could limit this even more, if you keep it solely to a player's Outposts --- keep the 3 hour cool-down.  I don't feel this would be over-powered at all.  Outposts are a bit expensive to build/maintain anyway.  It would give a point to sailing a great distance from your home-waters.  Set up an Outpost and then be able to set your teleport there.  It would be simple/tough enough that I doubt it would be abused.  However, I'm speaking from a PVE preference...PVP this could obviously cause huge problems when a fleet of 1st rates appear out of nowhere.

I am against all types of teleport, PvE or PvP servers. You can't defend two far places at same time.

For who use the "because I am lost in sea" excuse...

Press F11 and look the coordiantes and compare with community maps coordinates grid.

Or quick rule:

X is horizontal and Z is vertical.

The center point 0,0 is just South/West of Jamaica (Savanna la Mar). The limits are -800k in West (mexico Coast), +800k to East (Barbuda), +800k North (US coast and Bermuda) and -640k South (Colombia and Maracaibo Lake).

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that most of the people who aren't eager about a system like this, already don't like the current teleport mechanics. This system makes sense if we are keeping the teleport to capital system that we already have in place though. It will help people spread out on the map easier and utilize some of that unused space.

Why should we be able to teleport to our Capital, but not be able to replace that ability with a teleport to Regional Capital.