Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action - Archives of War

BramtheDutch

W.I.P. history on Naval Action will be coming when EA hits.
Preparing at the moment, maybe ill get some pre-EA pilot posts but nothing worth looking at.
Read this topic for additional info http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7975-is-there-a-way-to-curb-these-english-devils/ .

Edited by bramluijken
  • Like 3

Archives of War pilot post: Battle of Castries.

The battle of Castries happend on 30-12-2015 and was one of the last great battles of this year.

Pre-Battle

French players chose the right time to start the battle because the dutch players had to sail against the wind to get to Castries, The Dutch planned on teamspeak to not enter until the Polish (PFK) players arrived so they could enter in force.

When the dutch were waiting infront of the port a French player attacked them and by this tactical move the french gained more time untill the Dutch forces could enter the battle.

Battle setup:

sorry for the mid game image.

post-11987-0-51022700-1451558704_thumb.jpg

Battle Start

At the start of the battle of Castries both parties got in line position, the diffrence between the Dutch and the French lines were that the Dutch frigates were gaurding the flanks and rear, while the french frigates joined the line like displayed in this image below.

post-11987-0-87285900-1451558700_thumb.jpg

You can see that one frigate is gaurding the rear and the others frigates are guarding the flanks.

Note: Dutch ships are white French are red in the Images

Mid Battle

In the mid battle stages the French formed a group to try and breach the Dutch line like displayed in this picture.

This was a good move by the French forces.

post-11987-0-65254500-1451558701_thumb.jpg

After succesfully breaching the line and isolating 2 Dutch frigates and a constitution, the French got disorganised and fell out of formation.

post-11987-0-06562400-1451558703_thumb.jpg

Late Battle

In the late battle the Dutch isolated the last French 1st rate from their remaining frigates and the outcome was becoming clear due to the Dutch having more firepower.

Here you see the isolated 1st rate and the remaining frigates.

post-11987-0-81317500-1451558703_thumb.jpg

Battle results

The result was a victory by the Dutch for defending Castries and only losing 3 frigates while the French lost a few 1st rates, ship of the lines and frigates.

The French put up a hard fight but the Dutch had the number advantage and thats what gave them this victory.

Note: can't recal the presize number of French ships lost will change it when I have battle logs.

The Clans that were participating in this battle were:

On the French side:

EDR

MRF

On the Dutch side

PFK

DAS

The Frecnh put up a good fight and everyone enjoyed this PVP match of two navies clashing at Castries.

Note:

This is a pilot post, please give feedback by replying to this post their is always room for improvement.

This format is not the final versions and I still have a lot of work to do, this was a pilot for a battle to go in the Important Battles section of the AoW.

I hope this post does not have a orange hue, I am an independent historian and this is a project that is totally seperated from my career in the Dutch navy, If you have any feedback on this please reply to this post.

post-11987-0-87285900-1451558700_thumb.jpg

post-11987-0-65254500-1451558701_thumb.jpg

post-11987-0-06562400-1451558703_thumb.jpg

post-11987-0-81317500-1451558703_thumb.jpg

post-11987-0-51022700-1451558704_thumb.jpg

Edited by bramluijken
  • Like 14

An excellent post Bram, I really like how you broke down some of the more decisive pieces of action such as the isolation of ships that affected the balance of power. Might I suggest two things:

Small legend on the graphics to indicate colours to nation

Possibility of broadly sweeping arrows on the graphics to indicate general movement of ships or battle

Also, how was the victory achieved? Submission, routed/retreated, total destruction, etc.

Edited by JJWolf
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the project:

Politics: Planning on getting them up before EA hits and otherwise in the same week.

Please contact me if you are a clan leader or important person within a nation and want to provide me with this info

Important Battles: Beside the pilot one (thanks for the feedback) im not planning on doing more until I got the battle logs (If I get them).

Important events: Lowest priority at the moment.

Also, sorry for the lack of content, life got busy.

Edited by bramluijken

While I find this project interesting, the sheer number of these battles may slow things down for you...

One thing that might make it easier is to try and divide battles into wars, for example the current active conflicts are Danish Conquest of Puerto Rico (longest running war currently), Second Franco-Dutch War, and the Second Anglo-American War. Of course, this may be a bit confusing as one could consider all of these conflicts to be part of the same war as Great Britian (SLRN) is theoretically involved in all of the wars.

I could write a brief history of the DAS if people are interested, however I would prefer the diplomacy overview to be made in a separate thread rather than in the history section, and only fleet/guild/clan leaders and diplomats should be able to post there.

• Like 2

Important change of plans

Since I am finding out how much time on single reports costs, I have made a change of plans.

Instead of doing every major battle and event on its own I am planning to divide it into two sections:

The weekly update: the important battles and events over the last week, this is in newspaper style.

Politics: like it is now.

I hope this will still please the NA community.

Cheers,

Bram Luijken

Edited by bramluijken

Bram, as you noted with Tatannn's post, this would be a very important "extra duty" for all clans to consider.  That way, not only the victor writes the History.  There could also be a weekly/monthly clan report on non security sensitive achievements in other areas besides just battle.

Diplomacy is now finished, I will keep it up to date.

If anything is wrong or if you have suggestions PM me!

I am making a seperate post for the politics to make the information more easy to find.

Cheers,

Bram Luijken

Edited by bramluijken

• 1 year later...