Game-Labs Forum

Module's durabilities

Issue:

The 9.3 patch is very good in my opinion. Currently some people complains about SOL dura, for me they don't realy complains about dura but about theirs modules. They are more affraid about  loosing their golds modules instead of their ships.
Curently modules are invicible (except just build SOL) ,you just need to unfit them when your ship got 1 dura.
This is a huge game breaker in a sanbox game cause you create but don't destroy objects. moreover you won't need other modules qualities car yellow are the best and aren't destroyed.

suggestion

My idea is to add a feature that lead to a certains destruction of modules

I have some propositions, my best is the first one:

-durabilities on modules like ships
5 dura for basics, 4 for regular, 3 fine, 2 mastercraft and 1 for exeptional
That would allow low level modules to be usefull because their are cheaper and got more dura
that could lead to make a choice between performance and price, example: 2 basic bellonas with basic modules or 1 expectional one with expectionals modules 

-when a module is fited to a ship it's linked to him you can fit or unfit as you want but ou cant put it on an other ship
If your ship is sunk ( nomore dura available one it), you can break your mods or sell to IA

- put no permanent upgrade -> permanent.
As you loose the abilities to refit exexpt by destroying the previous one

conclusion:

Put modules destroyable will keep economy going and the player will think about the cost and effictiness of his ship. 
people may not complains anymore about 1 dura SOL because their will loose their mods even if devs put back dura to 2.

people will have to think about the qualities needed according to their budget (see my example ).

ps: Feel free to add any other suggestion regards to durabilities on modules or criticism about mine.

and plz don't be rude on my english , as english is my not my mother language =)

• Like 7

What about making all modules permanent?

it's my 3 proposition, even if it's look appeling about modules destruction we loose the abilities to refit modules for a specific event, like if your have full gunerry upgrades and you have to switch to bording ones you will need to destroy the previous modules.

Invincible modules is something that I think will need to change.  I think modules should have fairly small effects and should  be lost fairly easily.  It would allow us to tweek our ships as we like, but also make it so lower end modules have some value.  As it is right now, modules are the most valuable things in game and top end modules are the ultimate goal.  That seems odd to me.  Some variation on the OP recommendations should be tested in my opinion.

• Like 1

Still say modules should just be built into the ship when you craft it. You want ships specialized for different things then build them that way....not simply swap out mods. It also would drive the need for crafted ships while still maintaining a little bit of randomness in the crafting of those ships

What he said.

No need to make a complex durability system for modules. Just make ALL of them permanent (and nerf them). This way you can't 'save' your modules on a multiple dura ship, but they last as long as the ship lasts. This way SoL captains don't need to feel 'cheated'.

• Like 3

Still say modules should just be built into the ship when you craft it. You want ships specialized for different things then build them that way....not simply swap out mods. It also would drive the need for crafted ships while still maintaining a little bit of randomness in the crafting of those ships

I'll triple this suggestion. All modules are built into the quality of the ship thus, go down with the ship. 

The only modules that could be purchased and able to swap out should be the boarding modules (Marines, Grog Rations, Handbooks...etc.) 

• Like 1