Game-Labs Forum

...which you can see from my point of view here:

Surprised he used that battle, in fact. I know for sure he has footage of another game where he was having the time of his life tormenting my Snow while I was trying to hold an assault from 2 enemy ships XD

Anybody use Nvidia Shadowplay to record?    Either it no longer records NA or it hides the files where I can't find them.  Vids used to save in a folder named "client.exe".

I do. I found that pretty much you have to turn on the desktop recording for it to record.

• Like 1

Yes, like Jojcib said - setting "Allow Desktop Capture" is required for recording windowed NA. Note - it may be inactive (greyed) if Windows desktop is not in Aero mode.

Recorded with ShadowPlay today + sea shanty as background.

• Like 1

I have been enjoying watching these videos while waiting for the PayPal issue to be resolved and I wondered... would it be possible to have a couple more videos aimed at new players who have no sailing or NA gunnery experience?

I have seen Ramjb's explanation of polars and have a vague idea of which directions are preferred for the first couple of ships but while watching Stylosa and Kirioth's somewhat chaotic first look cutter fights, I realised I was asking myself the same questions they were... "The match is started and he's upwind of me... how the heck do I go get him without slowing to a crawl?".

I am aware that the red bar in gunnery is the elevation indicator ranging guide and I know about single shot ranging but I was confused about what the illuminated sweep of the guns when sighted represents. Why does it appear to narrow when aiming? What influences that behaviour? Is there a difference between broadside and raking?

These are the sort of questions new players will all have and may benefit from a little coaching in this area.

Yacht gameplay in a big PvP battle featuring SideStrafe, Ramjb and Game Labs themselves!

Double shot cannonades might not be historically accurate, but they pack a punch!

Man wish I had recorded it from my perspective was an awesome fight, but was too busy watching the live stream at the same time :P