Game-Labs Forum

Decreasing FPS

TheMarineGamer

So I went over to try the brand new amazing engine update which by the way looks absolutely beautifull. However (aware of it being an early version) I used to get a steady 40-50FPS, and although I don't have the best machine, I shouldn't be getting 25FPS. I have a HD7770 so is there a way I can improve my frames without damaging the game's look too much? Or is it a CPU/RAM problem? Just until further optimization since it is preventing me from releasing new videos on the game's fantastic progression. 

If you have any suggestion please do let me know, I'm sure this will help others too!

King Regards

-TheMarineGamer

So I went over to try the brand new amazing engine update which by the way looks absolutely beautifull. However (aware of it being an early version) I used to get a steady 40-50FPS, and although I don't have the best machine, I shouldn't be getting 25FPS. I have a HD7770 so is there a way I can improve my frames without damaging the game's look too much? Or is it a CPU/RAM problem? Just until further optimization since it is preventing me from releasing new videos on the game's fantastic progression. 

If you have any suggestion please do let me know, I'm sure this will help others too!

King Regards

-TheMarineGamer

this game is pretty demanding, im running an overclocked r9 270 and im getting 40-50 fps in open world and all the way down to 10 fps in the trafalgars, got everything on minimum except water which is on medium, it looks to be a gpu issue, RAM definetly should not be a factor if you have enough

edit: also note, the FPS in battle hasnt changed at all for me and it has in the open world due to changing the graphics so it is equal in both open and battles rather than what it was before which was worse in open than in battle.

Edited by OlavDeng2

Turn anisotropic off, it is the biggest frame hog and at this point, until further optimized, does nothing for your visuals. Try AA at 2x and anisotropic off. You really want to have some AA at least.

I can run everything max and get good frames, but after testing in OW and instance several times, I could not tell the difference when anisotropic was on or off, so I leave to off and get 15 fps boost.

• 3 weeks later...