Game-Labs Forum

That moment when your dreams get ruined. (to become a mod)

ww_y6

Hi guys..

I am creating this topic just to say something.. I just want to be a one of staff member here in this forum or game. If I go to apply for staff member to be a moderator in here, but I might get denied due to low age, cuz my age's 14

my dreams were to become a moderator in any forum on internet, I always felt like doing something useful for this community. I know that many people want to become staff members. I know that many of you guys really want to become a staff member, just because you want to help, but you are always denied. Believe me, I know that feeling very well. Please do not help other people just because you want to be noticed how much you care about the rules (actually you don't), or just because you want to become a mod. Help because you want to help. That's all.

• Like 3

I've moved this thread to the Tavern since it isn't related to playing the game.

Moderators are, when needed, selected from the pool of forum posters. Criteria to become a Moderator include being helpful, having good knowledge of the game, not having warnings or frequent violations of the rules, showing a good understanding of the forum rules posted by Admin in the News section, and demonstrating that you do not have a temper or a propensity to troll or cause strife.

If you want to become a Moderator, your best bet is to post constructively on the forums regularly, be friendly and helpful to everyone, and demonstrate maturity and good decision making.

• Like 4

I've moved this thread to the Tavern since it isn't related to playing the game.

Moderators are, when needed, selected from the pool of forum posters. Criteria to become a Moderator include being helpful, having good knowledge of the game, not having warnings or frequent violations of the rules, showing a good understanding of the forum rules posted by Admin in the News section, and demonstrating that you do not have a temper or a propensity to troll or cause strife.

If you want to become a Moderator, your best bet is to post constructively on the forums regularly, be friendly and helpful to everyone, and demonstrate maturity and good decision making.

you can have all that but it also helps if you speak a different languages the more the better and even with all the helping on the servers (on the game with people) you might want to get letters posted to your admin ..for   a letter of recommendation to say you have done stuff in helping on the game and in forum

I suggest you raise the bar about your dreams. 

Dream big man, like be a president or something.

Also - if you continue with posts with low usefulness you will be put into a pre-mod queue. Don't ruin first good impressions of you. 

• Like 3

Hi guys..

I am creating this topic just to say something.. I just want to be a one of staff member here in this forum or game. If I go to apply for staff member to be a moderator in here, but I might get denied due to low age, cuz my age's 14

my dreams were to become a moderator in any forum on internet, I always felt like doing something useful for this community. I know that many people want to become staff members. I know that many of you guys really want to become a staff member, just because you want to help, but you are always denied. Believe me, I know that feeling very well. Please do not help other people just because you want to be noticed how much you care about the rules (actually you don't), or just because you want to become a mod. Help because you want to help. That's all.

Darr… Age discrimination hurts. Just don't let it get you down and always  shoot fer yer goals.

In the mean time, Ye always be welcome on my ship!

• Like 1

Hi guys..

Don't feel bad, I got declined and I've been here since 2013. Some call me abrasive :( Maybe my journeys have reformed me, we will see, you grow in every opportunity in life, whether you realize it or not.

• Like 1

Don't feel bad, I got declined and I've been here since 2013. Some call me abrasive :( Maybe my journeys have reformed me, we will see, you grow in every opportunity in life, whether you realize it or not.

but but you are a tester !!!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As I Pmed u from ww_y5 and etc... I would like to ask you as I can't send a PM on this account, anyway..

Please don't think that I use this account to avoid bans/warnings, because this is not true. I use it so I can even post something. :)
And by the way, I won't violate the rules again.

• 2 weeks later...

I come from a community which had over 50.000 registered users, at the community i was the head admin. I have done that for over 4 years.

In those 4 years i have learned one thing. Age is nice, but it does not beat personality.

I recruited over 100 staff members, and  i must admit, quite a few had your age too, and they really can and will suprise you. In the end it is all about your personality , your view on things, and how you handle criticism. So trust me, by showing the intention to help others on this forum and in this community, thats great man. If your intentions are genuine and your head is on the right place i personally dont give much about the fact you are 14. On the internet you are a virtual person/ nickname, and your words and actions speak louder than your age ever will.

So believe me , it certainly is possible, but dont force yourself to get attention. Be genuine and helpfull, I've seen so many guys turn into a must-help. must-reply everwhere guys to get attention.

Dont be such a guy:)

good luck and once again, personality beats age:)

Edited by Konali89