Game-Labs Forum

Repair Time in port

Hi to everyone.

I wish to suggest, the implementation of an time to repair your ship in port, I think that the actual system isn´t much realist: I can fight in a battle with my team against other, Take damage or sink, go to port if I can escape from the battle, or appear automatically in the port more closer, repair immediately and back to the fight, regardless of the damage that we took  on the ship in the last battle; waiting for attack my enemies when they go out from the battle, and attack to them to avenge the battle that my team has lost it, where we will start another battle with the enemy very damaged but not me.

A real case of that was, the consequences of the battle of Cape St Vincent, where some spanish ships needed time to repair(someones needed months of reparations), if the Spanish had been repair their ships in seconds, maybe the british fleet never came back to england.

If we implement the system time on repairs , we would resolve the "Avenge" battles, and give a extra point of realism to the game.The time to repair the ship on portt, will be minutes, but not hours or days.

Please, Don´t be too hard with my suggestion, I only want to help with the game ;)

Edited by RAE_Cmdt.Cavero
  • Like 4

I'm liking this idea alot!

Just to get things roling:

Do you have any suggestions what a santissima would be repairing, in time, at 25% damage, 50% , 75% and 100%?

Constitution at 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%?

Lynx at 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%?

i don´t know, I think that we can choose the time repair between us the users and the devs

Hi!

I like this idea but the problem is, that i don't want to stare at my screen while my ship is reparing :/ To resolve the problem of the "avenge battles", we could do something like, you can't attack enemies that killed or damaged you for a certain amount of time.

Sorry for my bad English  :unsure:

• Like 1

admin, the repair time in battle is great.

What OP means if i exit a battle with only 10% side structure left, that in port it is instantly repaired.

Currently a repair timer doesnt exist whilst sailing in OW or repairing in port.

He want to maintain the 'in-battle' repair timer and ADD a similar time for repairs in ports.

EDIT @ bulb, you can trade or visit the module shop in the meantime, whilst your ship is repairing in the harbor.

Edited by SteelSandwich
  • Like 1

While I'm not opposed to the idea directly I see a problem with it being an indirect nerf to new and casual players. New players typically are pretty poor and can't afford multiple ships at multiple ports. So getting into a difficult fight would mean time sitting in port with nothing to do. Casual players would be left farther and farther behind for much the same reasons. Players with more time and therefor more income could have many ships whereas the casual is more likely to have 1 ship that is heavily relied upon.

The first issue wouldn't be hard to resolve. The second would be much more sticky.

EDIT:

The upside of such a system is that it could be worked in such a way as to limit SOL overload. You take that SOL out and take alot of damage it has to sit in port for long periods being overhauled/refit.

Edited by Spork

admin, the repair time in battle is great.

What OP means if i exit a battle with only 10% side structure left, that in port it is instantly repaired.

Currently a repair timer doesnt exist whilst sailing in OW or repairing in port.

He want to maintain the 'in-battle' repair timer and ADD a similar time for repairs in ports.

EDIT @ bulb, you can trade or visit the module shop in the meantime, whilst your ship is repairing in the harbor.

Totally agree the battle repair timer really made team work important and needs to come back IMO.This idea would make SoL less useful and make smaller ships more useful but maybe the lynx will have insta repair to be a bit more noob friendly?

When repairs are cooling down in battle, I am still playing the game.

In port, I am not.

Then port cool downs not needed as the fact of pressing repairing means someone did repair your ship. It is an artificial wall delaying your from playing in our opinion.

Regarding cooldowns i think we are very very eager to test separate repairs with separate cool downs. As this could allow to keep realistic mast damage, but still give some option for the disengaged captain (hiding behind the friendly line) to bring them back in 20 -25 mins maybe. 

• Like 3

Remember that not all players got spare 6-8 hrs per day to play game when changing cooldowns on repairs. I guess 60-70 % here got RL and only few hrs per weekdays to play NA. Adding another time needed to repair ship in dock is not great idea imo. Just let repair for money or figure out something balanced.

I appreciate his desire to make the game better. If I understand him right, it sounds as if his true concern is our ability to sink in a fight, be ported back to a port, repair instantly and then return to camp the battle which is a huge disadvantage to the players who won the fight. A cool down on the ship in port would possibly counteract battle camping. I think, though, that Maturin makes an elegant reason to reject this solution. No one wants to sit in port twiddling their thumbs while waiting for a timer to count down.

As for battle repair timers, I have said enough times that I don't like them but I do think something has to be done with the demasting mechanic and that may in fact include a cooldown or maybe a sail repair should just take longer than a hull repair. That would be a simple enough solution.