Game-Labs Forum

I propose a new commodity in the game. Provisions, which are food and water which feed the crew to keep them at sea. They would take up hold space say 1 block hold space for 1 day at sea for instance. You would need to buy enough provisions for your expected voyage and once provisions run out you should start losing 10 % of your crew per day.

Provisions could be obtained 2 ways, purchasing at ports or from the hold of any captured ship (not just a bonus after battle as upgrade modules are now). Every ship would have some provisions to keep them at sea so capturing ships could be a way of keeping at sea. 

There could be scope for putting the crew on half rations and have a subsequent penalty to go with it. Maybe 15% increase in any activity.

• Like 4

Guest raat

Provisions, I believe, has been discussed before in the larger sense of Morale for the crew.  I would love to see provisions be necessary in the larger mechanic of crew morale.  I'm too lazy to find it now, but there are some very good threads on Morale.  Search the forums and check it out.

please dont..

I had this in one game already and it was imo a fake feature.

It was an annoyance which had to be klicked every now and then. Could have lived without it, too.

Also. We are not traveling distances which require lots of provisions. Most time I've been on the sea was 14days.

Ships in those days could be provisioned for 6 months and more.

please dont..

I had this in one game already and it was imo a fake feature.

It was an annoyance which had to be klicked every now and then. Could have lived without it, too.

Also. We are not traveling distances which require lots of provisions. Most time I've been on the sea was 14days.

Ships in those days could be provisioned for 6 months and more.

IMO, crew management has to be implemented and supply managent (in terms of quantity, but also of quality and extras) is part of it.

Morale can be a fun feature. It has already been in a quite simple and fun way in Sid Meier's Pirates.

But it may also be improved and affect combat abilities, marine life (mutiny...)...

I propose a new commodity in the game. Provisions, which are food and water which feed the crew to keep them at sea. They would take up hold space say 1 block hold space for 1 day at sea for instance. You would need to buy enough provisions for your expected voyage and once provisions run out you should start losing 10 % of your crew per day.

Provisions could be obtained 2 ways, purchasing at ports or from the hold of any captured ship (not just a bonus after battle as upgrade modules are now). Every ship would have some provisions to keep them at sea so capturing ships could be a way of keeping at sea. 

There could be scope for putting the crew on half rations and have a subsequent penalty to go with it. Maybe 15% increase in any activity.

Provisions should be more like resources now, where there are multiple provisions taking up a hold space.  Ships can travel a long time without having to travel to port.  10 days is not enough time so provisions should be stackable.  This would make provisions an import part of the economy.  All ports could sell provisions, but players could make them for cheaper and sell them cheaper to make money.