Game-Labs Forum

Forts in game

I was playing a random PVP game today and despite having played 300+ games this is the first time I have seen them, they were not armed or properly rendered but I got them on video. Did the devs make a mistake or did they forget to tell us they were releasing them so soon? Maybe I have been blind the entire time?

• Like 1

That got me thinking. We post all kinds of drawings and pictures of ships; shouldn't we do the same thing for fortresses and batteries from the same era? Perhaps the devs could get inspiration from those kind of things for making the fortresses that'll be ingame? 

Edited by Arvenski
  • Like 2

Forts are pretty broken right now, generally your fellow players in a match prefer you don't use them.  There's no rule about this, it's just a courtesy thing.  :)

Yes, most people prefer you to be there in the fight. It's only really "acceptable" to use them if you're sinking or too damaged to do any good.

You can just sail away from them but if you end up way downwind of them, they can be a real pain to get back up to finish off.  Beware the quick exit and plan your approach to cut them off if they do...