Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.5 Feedback<<<(Latest version: v1.5.1.3)

i wanted to ask why the army cant invade minor nations that would be a cool update if say denmark was allied with britain and they where in war with germany the german army could invade and the other way arround if denmark was allied with germany britain should be able to invade them and it would be the same for other minors

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dave P. said:

Autoresolving convoy battles is still resulting in sinking more transports than were initially listed as being in the convoy. Sometimes by 1-2, sometimes by 1-2 dozen.

Whereas if it’s an autoresolve only convoy battle against undefended transports somehow only one or two get sunk (same with port strikes).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brothermunro said:

Has the rate at which enemy ships in battle get identified been changed? Seems very slow now

yeap, i had the same since opt2, i thought it was NAR, but as you are writing this, it clearly isn't

Noticed the same thing here running DIP. Was in a long battle and it wasn't until very shortly before the enemy Battlecruiser was sunk that it was identified. This was a long duel.

Noticed it too... but my biggest complaint with the game (big fan... playing for more than a year... sank countless hours) is the ineptitude of the AI in tactical battles... I regularly sink dozens of enemy ships without loosing a single one in return... takes a bit from the fun of the game... I dont know if its from bad AI ship design... if its from tactical limitations... but I dont get a challenge from the AI in even the hardest difficulty level... Im not bragging, its a fact... in my current AH 1890 (hardest difficulty) campaign its 1904 and I have fought 7 wars so far (vs Spain, France, China (?),  Russia and UK) and I have sunk (yes I keep track):

- 200 TBs
- 2 DDs
- 139 CLs
- 100 CAs
- 41 BBs 

and lost a staggering

- 1 DD

- 2 CL

Is there a way to make the (tactical) AI more challenging? A mod perhaps? Love the hell out of this game but all campaigns turn into "oh... world domination... again... yay"

LOVE the work LOVE the game HOPE it gets even better... Keep up the good work devs... sorry for the rant _)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PedroFalcao said:

Is there a way to make the (tactical) AI more challenging? A mod perhaps? Love the hell out of this game but all campaigns turn into "oh... world domination... again... yay"

Latest NAR patch is for you

• Like 1

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.5 Feedback<<<(Latest version: v1.5.0.6 Optx3)

Uploaded optimized build x3 including the following:
- Further potential fix for fps desync issue that could be caused when running the application on background and player uses the alt+tab often.
- Further optimization on division logic, gaining more fps and improving battle AI.
- Shell dispersion minor optimizations.
You have to restart Steam to receive the update promptly

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Uploaded optimized build x3 including the following:
- Further potential fix for fps desync issue that could be caused when running the application on background and player uses the alt+tab often.
- Further optimization on division logic, gaining more fps and improving battle AI.
- Shell dispersion minor optimizations.

Hi guys.

I found one interesting problem in the game. Regardless of the class of the ship and the number of torpedoes, the AI never gets close to the enemy to launch them. I tried different classes of ships - it doesn't work. The AI is simply not suited to launching torpedoes. I would like this to be fixed as soon as possible, but the main thing is to fix it well. Because this is a serious problem that makes any ships with torpedoes useless to the AI.

IMG_8252.png

IMG_8143.png

I had another UI idea - it would be handy if there was a “HUD” or “CIC” mode where the enemy ships onscreen had some additional information next to them. Specifically it would be nice to know range and whether we’re getting closer or farther away from each other. Would help to be able to stay in optimal range and kite single opponents.

I know I can get that info with a mouse over, but small ships in the fog at 5x speed, it’s sometimes a little too jittery to do that easily unless I pause. Just more steps.

Also, an automatic “hold distance from current target” mode for the helm commands would be nice.

Edited by Dave P.
  • Like 1

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.5 Feedback<<<(Latest version: v1.5.0.6 Optx4)

Uploaded optimized build x4 including the following:
- AI, Targeting, Division logic refactoring offering more fps. These improvements should also permanently fix a potential freezing of ships error that is reported to us. Please tell us if you anticipate this error again, but only if you play an unmodified version of the game, since a lot of reports come from modified versions.
- Sound optimizations.
-  Fixed old bug causing false warning in custom battles "Select a ship of the required type...".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, SeaAlex_175 said:

Hi guys.

I found one interesting problem in the game. Regardless of the class of the ship and the number of torpedoes, the AI never gets close to the enemy to launch them. I tried different classes of ships - it doesn't work. The AI is simply not suited to launching torpedoes. I would like this to be fixed as soon as possible, but the main thing is to fix it well. Because this is a serious problem that makes any ships with torpedoes useless to the AI.

AI shoots torps at me all the time...

Is it just me or are ship formations just absolutely out of control now? Sometimes if I have numerous capital ships in a division, they just violently weave around without settling. 

Edited by Warspite96
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Warspite96 said:

Is it just me or are ship formations just absolutely out of control now? Sometimes if I have numerous capital ships in a divisiom, they just violently weave around without settling. 

It's been doing that for a while now. (Since 1.5 beta maybe?) Seems to mostly effect faster/larger ships. (BBs and BCs >26kn or so) IME. I assume some steering math was changed and it hasn't gotten fixed yet.

So, that "Change Port" button in the fleet view is a really great idea, but when I use it, it takes a really long time to process the changes, and if the ships I'm moving are numerous enough or in a bunch of different ports (like repair strays after fighting a war) it spins for a solid couple minutes.

Definitely something to optimize when there's time.

any plans on more major updates still some hulls who need fix like the light cruiser 4 who still have a lifeboat issue that make the hull limited to build on and please add some new rear towers for the g3 battlecruiser and some new quad turrets for the british like the 18 inch they ruin the look of ships

Always seen AI rather to shoot a light armor target far away than a heavy armor target at their faces(and prefer shoot a damaged target far away than a healthy target at close). Its good that AI would try to destroy the weak or damaged enemies first,but they seem too inflexible to do so and completely neglect the situation they were facing.  I thought this is almost the worst part of the game experiences at now.

And if the AI aiming control can be edited in text files,that will be really grateful😊

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 5:36 AM, Azerostar said:

Always seen AI rather to shoot a light armor target far away than a heavy armor target at their faces(and prefer shoot a damaged target far away than a healthy target at close). Its good that AI would try to destroy the weak or damaged enemies first,but they seem too inflexible to do so and completely neglect the situation they were facing.  I thought this is almost the worst part of the game experiences at now.

And if the AI aiming control can be edited in text files,that will be really grateful😊

This, I have noticed that the AI would rather choose to shoot at a retreating destroyer well out of torpedo range than a battleship right next to it that is blowing holes in it's side.

I’ve seen this as well, including on my own ships if I leave them alone. Feels like the AI is prioritising the easiest thing to destroy (like a wounded destroyer) but isn’t factoring in the chance to hit or distance like it used to. 

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.5 Feedback<<<(Latest version: v1.5.0.7)