Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.5 Feedback<<<(Update 9 Final RC)

Anyone else have the AI run away from fights that are similar? Just tried to play 3 battles (my ca, cl, and dd vs ai ca) (cl vs cl similar displacements) and (my ca and 2 dds vs ai CA and cl) and the only one that resulted in an actual battle was the ca and dds vs the ca and cl

please give minor nations an update they are useless in the gamealways running on low fuel and you cant invade them conquest missions are random wich are so annoying and would be awesome if we could say influence a minor nation goverment so we can get a conquest mission if they are on a enemy team also would be awesome if we could improve relations with them simula to major nations

Divisions do not seem to be as smart as they once were.  Lately, I have been noticing that adjusting course and speed at the same time results in the units in the rear bunching up with those in the front.  They seem to never recover from this as the ship becomes more and more erratic over time.  In addition, it is not unusual for ships to go well beyond their maximum speed for extended periods of time.  For example, I have seen a DD with a designed top speed of 32 knots go in excess of 45 knots for well over 1 in game hour.  At that speed it is impossible for the ship to rejoin a formation that is going vastly slower due to both speed and maneuverability. 

Additionally, joining 2 divisions together is a lot harder than it should be. 
For example, let's say there are two divisions: D1 and D2.  They each contain 3 ships.
What I do:  I drag D2 over D1 on the interface and drop, joining D2 to D1.
What I expect to happen:  D2 joins D1 in order so the resulting order of ships is D1-1, D1-2, D1-3, D2-1, D2-2, D2-3.
What I see happen:  D2 joins D1 in reverse order so the resulting order of ships is D1-1, D1-2, D1-3, D2-3, D2-2, D2-1.

If I want to join the divisions together in the order I want, I have to do it manually one by one in the order I wish.

I've only been playing since Christmas but I've just had something that feels quite wrong. A BB that was in repair for 4 months got pulled into a battle on the very next turn. I can't send it out unless I suspend the repair but the game can pull it out and send it into battle cause it wants to????

Please tell me this is a bug.

3 hours ago, halo1cej said:

Anyone else have the AI run away from fights that are similar? Just tried to play 3 battles (my ca, cl, and dd vs ai ca) (cl vs cl similar displacements) and (my ca and 2 dds vs ai CA and cl) and the only one that resulted in an actual battle was the ca and dds vs the ca and cl

Damn, I thought this was resolved.

9 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

It was considered but many extra calculation calls for the AI would actually decrease a lot the combat fps. So we have to compromise. 

The AI already has a logic to retreat when damaged but many players cry that the AI runs when it tries to play as a human.

EDIT:

We will increase the thresholds and we will see how it goes.

I don't think people get annoyed by the AI doing the smart thing and running so much as having to fight that battle in the first place. If you can't catch them and they're just going to immediately refuse the engagement, why generate the fight at all?

Fortunately, that rarely happens with the mandatory engagements. So the engagements where it is likely to happen, i.e.: smaller fights where the player has a huge advantage in everything but speed, can just be skipped by ending the turn. 

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Beta v1.5 Feedback<<<(Update 9 Final RC)

Update 9
- Fixed critical bug that could cause freeze of loading or complete pause of auto-design.
- Fine tuned the new updated ship stability mechanics, so that the engine weight stabilizes more the ship.
- Fine tuning of auto-design.
- Shell ballistics tuning.

**This update is considered a final release candidate. The v1.5 is scheduled to be fully release during Saturday 9/3/2024**
Please restart Steam to get the latest update fast

• Like 1

Another battle, convoy mission this time where the ai cl abandoned its merchant ships allowing my cl and dd to mow them down uncontested. The merchant ships put up a bigger fight. Until this this patch has been the best this game has been.

The new major update v1.5 is fully released with more improvements based on your very recent feedback.

You can read the information on Steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1069660/announcements/detail/4139442565100870996'

Or in our blog:
https://dreadnoughts.ultimateadmiral.com/post/major-update-v1-5

Thank you for your participation in the beta! Enjoy the game!