Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.4 Feedback<<< [Final version released]

Nick Thomadis

since you're updating the game soon, could y'all make the USA CL 6 inch guns have their turrets instead of an oversized 5 inch gun. Also a way to tell your fleet to attack a port directly would be a very nice thing to add.

Edited by basedana

please balance accuracy in the game i dont know how a ai  battleship with worse crew skill then my bb could hit me from 26 km range and destroy my bb in 5 min of battle and my ships did nothing to the ai ship even if my ship was armed with 16 inch guns and maximum trained crew also those times when my ship did hit hardly no damage to enemy ship

Austro-Hungarian “Semi-Armored Cruiser III”

EDIT: French “Armored Cruiser V” - same issue

EDIT2: French “Semi-Armored Cruiser V” - same issue

EDIT3: Russian “Semi-Armored Cruiser V”- same issue

EDIT4: “Semi-Armored Cruiser IV” for China and Spain - same issue

There are 2 mounts for casemate guns (fore and aft)

1.png

But it is possible to install only 1 casemate

2.png

3.png

French “Armored Cruiser V”

15.png

Edited by Lima
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

British 4х turrets are significantly smaller than 3х turrets

5.png

6.png

3х 203mm / 4x 203mm / 3x 178mm for scale

7.png

8.png

This difference is not so noticeable on all types of guns, but when I checked the new hulls of heavy cruisers it was very noticeable.
For example, 381mm.

9.png

Edited by Lima
  • Like 5

British “Compact Heavy Cruiser”
EDIT: British “Heavy Cruiser II” - same issue

It is impossible to place Large Targeting Tower V even with maximized beam. All other towers can be placed without problems.

10.png

A practical example of the difference in size between 3x and 4x turrets.

It is impossible to place 3x 203mm turret.

11.png

But 4x 229mm turret can be placed.

12.png

Edited by Lima
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

could use some viseul diffrent between the mk4 6 inch and 4 inch  so they look more british special the 6 inch look nothing like the one belfast is armed with and the duel 6 would be nice if that looked like the one leander was armed with 1930  tech btwBillede

Edited by kineuhansen
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, King_Tiger_II said:

The point is, I want those there.

You want, I want, and I guess everybody would want to see all this small hulls issues fixed. The thing is that I am seen this same hulls quirks for many years already. Maybe is not devs top priority list of things to do, maybe there are other reasons, I don't know. What I do know, is the next best thing. Is that you as player, to adapt. And in that specific case, as I said before, remove the bow casemates. Like it or not, my solution is the only one that will work for now.

• Like 1

Military Conflict not Registering Attacker Tonnage / Not Progressing

Game Version: 1.4.0.0 Update 5 (I believe - not sure how to check, have restarted Steam)
Campaign started in Update 3

What I'm doing: Attempting to resolve a random event military conflict in Triplolitania with a fleet. Total of 3 months have passed since event began.

What's happening: Event not registering nearby fleet tonnage, and is not progressing regardless.

What I expect: Popup will register attacking tonnage, and progress the mission. Or progress without tonnage, for that matter.

Notes: I have ~230,000t in the local fleet. Event began after I captured the province in a Naval Invasion. Fleet was already in position in the zone. In subsequent months, I moved the fleet elsewhere, and then back again. Speculation that the event is not progressing because I'm supporting a Military Conflict in a province I already control, which triggered in a weird sequence relative to my capturing the province. 
For example, this may have occurred:

1. Military Conflict is randomly rolled for Trip.
  2. Completion of Naval Invasion is evaluated and succeeds
  3. My tonnage doesn't register because I'm not valid as an 'attacker' of my territory
  4. Event cannot progress without tonnage over limit

image.thumb.png.4299b769cb62c88a6d0355f6300c4c73.png

Edited by Doctor Lucky
Clarification that event is not progressing regardless of attacker tonnage.

1 hour ago, Doctor Lucky said:

Military Conflict not Registering Attacker Tonnage / Not Progressing

Game Version: 1.4.0.0 Update 5 (I believe - not sure how to check, have restarted Steam)
Campaign started in Update 3

What I'm doing: Attempting to resolve a random event military conflict in Triplolitania with a fleet. Total of 3 months have passed since event began.

What's happening: Event not registering nearby fleet tonnage, and is not progressing regardless.

What I expect: Popup will register attacking tonnage, and progress the mission. Or progress without tonnage, for that matter.

Notes: I have ~230,000t in the local fleet. Event began after I captured the province in a Naval Invasion. Fleet was already in position in the zone. In subsequent months, I moved the fleet elsewhere, and then back again. Speculation that the event is not progressing because I'm supporting a Military Conflict in a province I already control, which triggered in a weird sequence relative to my capturing the province. 
For example, this may have occurred:

1. Military Conflict is randomly rolled for Trip.
  2. Completion of Naval Invasion is evaluated and succeeds
  3. My tonnage doesn't register because I'm not valid as an 'attacker' of my territory
  4. Event cannot progress without tonnage over limit

image.thumb.png.4299b769cb62c88a6d0355f6300c4c73.png

I experienced this situation. It looks like this is how the enemy naval invasion on your territory is displayed. The required tonnage is shown for the French, not for you. I believe that a 100% chance of success is a graphics bug, which happens if the enemy has never sent ships to the invasion zone.

The Ghost Soldiers of Austria-Hungary

The situation looks like this (yeah, this is neither Austrian nor Hungarian Empire scenario)

2023-09-21-23-26-47.png

Austria-Hungary has a total of 800k soldiers

image-2.png

However, they have 1.5 million soldiers in Galicia

2023-09-21-23-27-46.png

And another 300k in Serbia

2023-09-21-23-28-04.png

The question is where these soldiers came from. Some time ago, Austria-Hungary tried to take back Austria and failed (it was a mobilized wartime army). And now suddenly Austria-Hungary has so many soldiers.

O1.jpg

EDIT: Some time ago I conducted a study of meat grinders and their impact on the population. This time, the USSR kindly provided new material for research. So, the losses of the USSR for 5 months amounted to a total of 3 million. However, during these months, the army and the population and the USSR experienced only growth.

Edited by Lima
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lima said:

The Ghost Soldiers of Austria-Hungary

The situation looks like this (yeah, this is neither Austrian nor Hungarian Empire scenario)

Neither Austrian nor Hungarian Empire scenario Again. 
Completely separate to the ghost soldier issue, can we please address this issue as well? It seems like whenever AH gets its ass kicked (which is still pretty often, it would seem) it's always Austria who's first to Declare Independence From The Empire They Established. That's Not How Empires Work. This is like England declaring independence from the United Kingdom, Prussia declaring independence from Germany, or Russia declaring independence from the Soviet Union. From a historic point of view, this is completely nonsensical, and should not be allowed to happen in game. An empire's core territory and ruling people should remain loyal to the empire to the bitter end, as loyalty to the empire is loyalty to themselves. It should be Czechs, Croatians, or maybe even Hungarians who are the first to say "F*** Austria," not the Austrians themselves, same as it was the colonies of the British Empire who were the first to say "F*** Britain" instead of the Brits themselves.

• Like 3

On 9/19/2023 at 5:13 PM, kineuhansen said:

please balance accuracy in the game i dont know how a ai  battleship with worse crew skill then my bb could hit me from 26 km range and destroy my bb in 5 min of battle and my ships did nothing to the ai ship even if my ship was armed with 16 inch guns and maximum trained crew also those times when my ship did hit hardly no damage to enemy ship

They'll need more info on the design of your ship to know if the game was working as intended or not. If you have a lot of objects on your hull (turrets, funnels, secondaries, etc.) it makes it easier for the enemy to spot you. Speed is also a factor. If your ship isn't very fast it will be easier to hit. Also, if you are taking heavy damage from distant fire you may not have enough deck armor to cope with it because the angle of the incoming fire is basically vertical. Were you sailing head-on to the enemy to reduce your target profile or sailing horizontal to bring all your turrets to bear, thus increasing your target profile? How big was your ship? The more tonnage a ship has the easier it is to spot and hit. The AI also may have gotten lucky with a hit that caused damage, and once your ship is damaged you become easier to hit and your accuracy goes down. 

Maybe you already know all of those things and there is a flaw or bug, but you'd have to provide more context for anyone to know what was going on. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SodaBit said:

Neither Austrian nor Hungarian Empire scenario Again. 
Completely separate to the ghost soldier issue, can we please address this issue as well? It seems like whenever AH gets its ass kicked (which is still pretty often, it would seem) it's always Austria who's first to Declare Independence From The Empire They Established. That's Not How Empires Work. This is like England declaring independence from the United Kingdom, Prussia declaring independence from Germany, or Russia declaring independence from the Soviet Union. From a historic point of view, this is completely nonsensical, and should not be allowed to happen in game. An empire's core territory and ruling people should remain loyal to the empire to the bitter end, as loyalty to the empire is loyalty to themselves. It should be Czechs, Croatians, or maybe even Hungarians who are the first to say "F*** Austria," not the Austrians themselves, same as it was the colonies of the British Empire who were the first to say "F*** Britain" instead of the Brits themselves.

Actually, this is a slightly different situation. Austria hasn't declared independence from its empire. Germany invaded Austria during the last World War. Then I had a war with Germany and they lost a lot of their colonies due to uprisings, including Austria. Since then, Austria has remained an independent state.

Slight issue which has dragged on for quite some time at this point: Having to fight soldiers of countries you aren't at war with.
E.G. French invasion of Spanish Western Sahara.
eM10tW9.png
2 things are worth noting.
1. Over 21,000 British troops are present to assist the Spanish and Soviets (who somehow teleported ~1,700 comrades to the Sahara) Despite Not Being At War With France.
2. The Japanese, who are allied to the French, have also committed troops to the invasion, Despite Not Being At War With Spain.
But wait! It gets worse. As I said, Japan is allied to France, but they're Also Allied To The British. 
The Japanese are actively killing soldiers of a nation that is supposed to be their ally.

And we're not done yet, of course. Further South, my army is invading British Upper Volta.
Apjo8kE.png
It's not going particularly great, and, like my French counterparts, I'm fighting soldiers of nations I'm not at war with... Including the Japanese. 
Which means the Japanese are fighting alongside the British in one theater and fighting against them in another.
What The F***?

• Like 8