Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9 Rx2)

Dear All,

As a NEW PLAYER I am struggling how to work out how I can invade a minor nation. I am playing as Japan with an 1890 start date. Before taking on any of the major powers, I fancied expanding and conquering Korea (in order to keep a semblance of histroical reality). However, despite having placed a 150,000 ton fleet adjacent to the Korea's south-eatern port, set the orders to invade, the fleet just appears to sit there for 10, 20 or more turns doing nothing!

I'm sure this must be possible as the AI major nations seem to be invading minor nations constantly, many of which are not adjacent land borders (Russia invaded Eqypt as an example).

I'm sure this is a basic question, but as a beginner please have some sympathy and if anyone has a 'step-by-step' guide that would be greatly appreciated.

Went to execute a final refit before heading off to war in 1949, and all my ships reverted to having no upgrades on them. Being that to upgrade the battleships back to their normal state will take 8 months, this effectively ended my campaign early.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edited by Admiral Donuts
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HopefullAdmiral0786 said:

Dear All,

As a NEW PLAYER I am struggling how to work out how I can invade a minor nation. I am playing as Japan with an 1890 start date. Before taking on any of the major powers, I fancied expanding and conquering Korea (in order to keep a semblance of histroical reality). However, despite having placed a 150,000 ton fleet adjacent to the Korea's south-eatern port, set the orders to invade, the fleet just appears to sit there for 10, 20 or more turns doing nothing!

I'm sure this must be possible as the AI major nations seem to be invading minor nations constantly, many of which are not adjacent land borders (Russia invaded Eqypt as an example).

I'm sure this is a basic question, but as a beginner please have some sympathy and if anyone has a 'step-by-step' guide that would be greatly appreciated.

Park a fleet near it and pray to the RNG Goddess that you get a mission. Thats all

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Admiral Donuts said:

Game stalled at Prepare for Battle.

Same, it seems that sometimes the game stalls there and i have to close it and reopen it to make it load a battle.

I noticed that it often happens after i fiddle around in the ship builder screen and then go back to the map and try to enter a battle.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HopefullAdmiral0786 said:

Dear All,

Hi! The "invade" stance on fleets doesn't actually cause invasions, it just makes your ships more aggressive towards enemy transports, and less defensive towards your own.
To invade a major nation you are at war with, select "naval invasion" from the politics tab.
To invade a minor nation, you just have to wait for a popup at the start of a turn, where your government has decided they need to be invaded... Sadly there's no way to force it.

Japan does start with Korea under control if you go with a campaign starting year of 1910 though - and possibly 1900 as well, though I'm not sure.

• Like 1

During wartime, I noticed versus China that the only Naval Invasion option I had was Eastern China. But since, I realized that what I intended to go for I need to be in range OF. I was griping to myself the option to hit the Philippines was not available. Then I tried again later, and since I had a task force nearby, all the nearby targets became available after all. And, if you have a large enough navy, multiple invasions at the same time. Though you can only choose one at a time.

Yeah, you also need a fleet of 100k tons in the relevant sea reagion to start an invasion (even if the invasion itself might not require all that tonnage). For that purpose I wish the borders between sea regions were also drawn up on the map, it's not always easy to know where one ocean ends and another begins.

• Like 6

Uploaded Repaired Version x4 including the following:
- Fixes on target switching and further aiming progress optimizations. It is advised for modders to use the current config base for no bugs in targeting.
- Fixed some issues on the mechanics of returning to port for repairs.
- Fixed problem which could cause too large minelaying radius of submarines and too little area to navigate because of this.
- Fixed issue that caused a strait to not change owner after being conquered.
- Further minor improvements and repairs on UI.

Please restart Steam to download the update fast.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

- Fixes on target switching and further aiming progress optimizations. It is advised for modders to use the current config base for no bugs in targeting.
- Fixed problem which could cause too large minelaying radius of submarines and too little area to navigate because of this.

Great to see the team constantly rolling out updates. Very much looking forward to further bug fixes, performance improvements and perhaps some extra visual flare. Godspeed!

Can you please reduce or just remove the "fog effect" from overcast weather?

2039817640_2023-06-2706-56-32.mp4_snapshot_29.02_2023_06.27_08_21_57.thumb.jpg.942a819d5edcfb74f9ca1337dcd7661f.jpg

I'm fine with weather reducing in-game spotting ranges, but making it so the player has a hard time seeing what's going on is too much in my opinion. It just adds frustration. Plus it looks ugly.

A gray sky box would be enough to visually tell the player that the weather isn't perfect.

19 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Any ETA on the issue with being in the middle of an invasion or land invasion and the country ceasing to exist without anything for the invaders?

• Like 1

I sent out a task force from boston to intercept a British fleet off Long Island and that worked, but when the round was over the Task Force had parked outside of Boston Harbor.

On this Campaign run through which is at least three patches old the Majors are much more stable, so much so that although france has been run completely off the continent and I assume is headquartered in Corsica, they are the second wealthiest nation, third largest fleet, the political page says they have no army, however they are doing land battles. Britain is much more stable as the British population "Stoically" puts up with me and the chinese ripping away their colonies as long as they can turn the Austrian and Russian Navies into seafood. So that's a "Well Done"

I've gotten maybe a tenth of the conquest missions from the last play through, and a quarter of those have been for Thailand. I'd still like a way to "guide" that at least somewhat.

Keep up the good work!

Uploaded Repaired Version x5 including the following:
- Battle AI optimizations.
- Aiming optimizations (fix of too slow big gun aiming progress).
- Fix of bug that caused inefficient targeting from both sides of the ship.
- Fixed further some UI issues including large tooltip offsets for 4K monitors.
- Fixed bug that caused inconsistent "required tonnage" update in naval invasions.

Please note that after this small update  it is planned to offer the next major update v1.4 that will be finished in the coming weeks. Unless something important needs a fix, no more minor updates are scheduled.

• Like 6

While generating new campaign, game gets stuck May 1886.. seen this multiple times in the past, but due to fact its during campaign generation, i was unable to generate bug report..

8 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Uploaded Repaired Version x5 including the following:
- Battle AI optimizations.
- Aiming optimizations (fix of too slow big gun aiming progress).
- Fix of bug that caused inefficient targeting from both sides of the ship.
- Fixed further some UI issues including large tooltip offsets for 4K monitors.
- Fixed bug that caused inconsistent "required tonnage" update in naval invasions.

Please note that after this small update  it is planned to offer the next major update v1.4 that will be finished in the coming weeks. Unless something important needs a fix, no more minor updates are scheduled.

Great!

Any indication on what will be the scope of the next update?

44 minutes ago, RNV said:

Great!

Any indication on what will be the scope of the next update?

Most likely, there will be an emphasis on new interwar cruisers, which was already discussed in the roadmap, and also possible optimization improvements, again according to the roadmap, and most likely the ability to make mines and submarines optional will be added.

I hope, 1.4 would also add more player agency in the campaign map. We have naval prestige but actually quite a few ways to spend it meaningfully. 

Meanwhile there are some things working on RNG basis which really infuriate me as a player:

1) no control over peace treaty - it is random if I would get the provinces I demanded or not

2) no control over random invasions into minor nations 

3) no control over allying the same minor nations

4) no actual way to get any intel on the characteristics of enemy ships during peace time

5) no way for the industrial espionage - while we get related events on the matter, they affect only prestige/unrest/relations but nothing about the research

6) no way to affect political drift if the regime allows political parties - highly successful victorious navy definitely would have political influence at least due to the fact that said navy consists of people in the end

Edited by Deadpan_Alpaca
  • Like 3