Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

1 minute ago, Knobby said:

This is an old one but very annoying.

Points are awarded for damage that pre-existed before the battle.

I get in a battle with a taskforce that was already damaged from previous fights. Ships never spotted each other, no shots were ever fired. Yet enemy gets points for pre-existing damage. Damage that my ships already had before joining battle.
This SHOULD NOT happen, as it is unfair and actually makes it possible for the enemy (or player) to get points twice for the same damage.

You mean points in the battle stats of the top window? It is something very minor, not affecting anything. We can look to fix but it is low priority.

13 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

You mean points in the battle stats of the top window? It is something very minor, not affecting anything. We can look to fix but it is low priority.

Sorry, forgot to add the screenshot. I mean the victory points awarded for the fight, although technically there never was a fight as the ships never met.

image.thumb.jpeg.7afe8b6827e5b8612358b5de70146e47.jpeg

Edited by Knobby
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Knobby said:

Sorry, forgot to add the screenshot. I mean the victory points awarded for the fight, although technically there never was a fight as the ships never met.

image.thumb.jpeg.7afe8b6827e5b8612358b5de70146e47.jpeg

You pressed "Leave Battle' if yes, then the battle just was auto-resolved and generated damage.

EDIT:

You waited for the whole battle to end via time?

Just now, Nick Thomadis said:

You pressed "Leave Battle' if yes, then the battle just was auto-resolved and generated damage.

no, he was explaining, a previous battle, not in the battle he was in that he was damaged, he was put into another battle with those same ships that were damaged in the previous battle, where the AI either completely runs away or you can never catch up, or find them, giving him an option to leave the battle, the battle ends where there was zero further damage from the already damaged ships, but the AI gets rewarded for ships that were already damaged, even IF there was zero damage that happened in that battle.

17 minutes ago, Lima said:

Grey ports are still here

What seems to happen is that you click the port flag, but it is actually not selected, it is pointing on land. So the movement is impossible. We will check to improve but until then, players can zoom a little more to travel with accuracy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

no, he was explaining, a previous battle, not in the battle he was in that he was damaged, he was put into another battle with those same ships that were damaged in the previous battle, where the AI either completely runs away or you can never catch up, or find them, giving him an option to leave the battle, the battle ends where there was zero further damage from the already damaged ships, but the AI gets rewarded for ships that were already damaged, even IF there was zero damage that happened in that battle.

In fact, I think it's not such a problem as what goes with it. If your ships have already been damaged in past battles, they will receive additional damage when entering a new battle. So if before the battle the ship had 90% of the structure, in battle she can have 80%. The crew also accidentally dies. Thus, you cannot use the TF for a long time.

Edited by Lima
t
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lima said:

In fact, I think it's not such a problem as what goes with it. If your ships have already been damaged in past battles, they will receive additional damage when entering a new battle. So if before the battle the ship had 90% of the structure, in battle she can have 80%. The crew also accidentally dies. Thus, you cannot use the TF for a long time.

i would think if a ship that was damaged, lets say at 60%, at the end of one battle, then another battle nothing happens, and ends at 60% again, i don't think sailors, or crew are dumb enough to put themselves in danger.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

i would think if a ship that was damaged, lets say at 60%, at the end of one battle, then another battle nothing happens, and ends at 60% again, i don't think sailors, or crew are dumb enough to put themselves in danger.

This is an extremely old bug. I have had posts about it, but they are already very far away. Some problems with damage calculation. In the first battle, there may not be so much, for example, you had a 90% structure, it became 88%. But then it snowballs, and in the end you can have a ship with 2% structure, although she received only 10% damage in one battle.

• Like 1

If we are at this, sometimes, a ship that  starts the battle with around 30% structural integrity, will have it's crew still at full (for example 1030/1030), and is capable to go with the maximum designed speed (when it shouldn't). But as soon as it takes any kind of damage, a big portion of it's crew dies (let's say it goes 840/1030 from a single little shell), and the maximum speed gets to where it supposed to be if it would be on a 30% health (maybe 70% of the original speed without flooding)

I have never reported this because i thought that this is intensional, so that ships can run away at the start of the battle even when they are damaged. This same behaviour applies to the AI as well.

Edit: Sorry, rereading this, when i said 30%, i was just making an example, and i wasn't specific. Basicly i wanted to say that ships having low health still act like they were full. 

Edited by PainKiller
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

EDIT:

You waited for the whole battle to end via time?

I pressed the end battle button that shows up after a while. NOT the one in the menu

An incredibly old and terrible bug with random damage

I went back to the time of the war with Britain to record this.

September - ship condition monitoring

2023-01-06-01-22-52.png

October - battle generated

2023-01-06-01-24-37.png

The battle was a small skirmish, the enemy retreated, and so did I. The ship lost 1% of the structure compared to her condition before the battle, it seems not so bad...

2023-01-06-01-32-53.png

And, of course, defeat. The damage from the previous battle is taken into account.

2023-01-06-01-33-03.png

October, after the battle. What do we see here? 25(26)% of the damage turned into 91%.

2023-01-06-01-33-48.png

We will go to the end. The battle is on the next turn

2023-01-06-01-45-59.png

Without words

2023-01-06-01-46-28.png

So yes, the ship took massive damage and lost her crew in a battle in which she actually took no damage.

There are no words on Earth that can help me describe my hatred for this bug.

Edited by Lima
RIP CLs
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

These ships got a good ending, actually. Dozens of others were not so lucky. After retreating, they were teleported home with 100% damage.

Here you can notice what @PainKiller is talking about. They're going at full speed, even though they're almost dead. I do not know if this is intentional or not.

38818142.jpg

• Like 1

I've had this issue multiple times -

I will move a fleet, a simple transfer of ships from one of my ports to another.

Now then, I go to make another transfer of ships from a different port to another port but the port above - and no matter where I send those ships it will want them moved to the original choice from the first move. It will do this two more times before it clears.

Example:

I move a CL from Scapa Flow to Rosyth.

I then move a CL from Liverpool to Plymouth, it wants to go to Rosyth.

I move a CL from any other port in the empire to any other port, it wants to go to Rosyth.

Edited by Admiral Donuts
  • Sad 2

The formations are broken again, especially when you have 2 class in formation. I have 3 CA, two of them speed 18.5kn and one 18 kn. They made on the beginning circle, when I disbanded them create a new formation, they sail straight for 1 minutes, after that they start kissing each other and simply as one steal junk they ended staying in the middle of the ocean... 

Honestly this game can't handle more than 2 ships... As I mentioned before, I don't need subs, oil, land army, when I can be only admiral of one small wooden ships, because everything more than that is too much for this game... 

Please give us a possibility to have one formation with at least two ships that sail straight. 

and please make something with dispersion of the shells. Now very often the ships attack multi ships, not always the closest one. Because of that often we have unrealistic hit-ration almost 100% no matter of period/range/accuracy. 

https://youtu.be/mzIGx6RogPs

Edited by Plazma
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Plazma said:

and please make something with dispersion of the shells. Now very often the ships attack multi ships, not always the closest one. Because of that often we have unrealistic hit-ration almost 100% no matter of period/range/accuracy. 

This wasn't very clear...Are you talking about situation, when 2 enemy ships sail close to each other, you targte the furtherest one, and the one before it gets a lot of shells and hits when it is not supposed to? 

1 minute ago, PainKiller said:

This wasn't very clear...Are you talking about situation, when 2 enemy ships sail close to each other, you targte the furtherest one, and the one before it gets a lot of shells and hits when it is not supposed to? 

I talking about situation when a ships started be in the middle of my ship and the target, example:
tYFmm7o.png

This ended in situation when the accuracy go up to 100% because most of the missed shells are dropped 300m ALWAYS.
Here the video: https://youtu.be/mzIGx6RogPs

Not the best example, but if you play this game you must noticed it. Sorry for poorly explanations. 

Le French tradition:

26lPB8Q.png

On the begging of the battle mass route of French navy. 

• Like 2

Whoa Whoa Whoa!!!

Since when can nations control another nations ships!?!?  Notice the slight difference in color denoting France and Russia apart.

EDIT:  I have no issue with more than one nation ganging up on you if you are at war with both nations.  But why is the other nations flag not present?

image.jpeg.cd7fd81929f8de1ed5beb77e6bab6ca9.jpeg

Edited by Suribachi