Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.06 Feedback<<< (FINAL UPDATE 6th Release Candidate)

The abandon ship mechanic is broken. If I win a battle in which I lost ships due to low crew they should not be lost, especially right now where we all fight basically just off our own shores. These ships would obviously not be left with 55% of their crew onboard to drift around and be credited to the enemy. That's just nonsense.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Kiknurazz91 said:

Ever since the 1.06 update Its been an issue never had this problem before 1.06! I cant even play the campaign I'm stuck doing custom battle because my game either crashes or freezes as soon as I exit the ship design menu for the campaign. No I do not use auto design fleet as it always does shit designs. I cannot be the only one crashing. Yes I have tried all nations and all time periods still the same result as soon as I exit from ship design.

Try to only design 1 ship at a time, save, exist the designer. Then reenter and next ship. It routinly crashes for me if I try, lets say, design all 4 classes of a 1890 start at once. Which is why I dont do it anymore because you can spent a lot of time there for naught.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, kineuhansen said:

so no new hulls and the message too far from previous destination is still there was trying to place a NEW gun on a ship and the message showed up even when there was never a gun in the place i want to have it

Happening during a refit?

I've now been at war with the French for more than 15 years and had absolue sea-dominance (as in 2000 to less than 200 power projection) in every sea-zone they have ports in and yet I had a total of two battles and not a single transport sunk.

France is now down to 4 CL and a couple of TB and the war keeps going on forever, because their ships just sail around right through the circles around my taskforces as if they weren't even there and no battles happen.

Also how am I not bockading them when I have absolute dominance of ALL of their sea-zones?

France is not in an alliance with anyone else, so there is no one that might help them.

I am still in an alliance with both Germany and UK, who are at war with each other. Is their alliance somehow mucking things up for me, despite neither of them being allies with France and only Germany being at war with France alongside me?

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Please remove the hard-cap on GDP.

After hitting my apparent maximum GDP of 6.875.000.000 I took several event decisions that were supposed to increase my GDP by a percentage, but they did not.

I second this. Was playing an 1890 Germany Campaign and after I wiped out both UK and France, I kept hitting next turn to see how fast research and GDP growth is. After an initial rather fast-ish surge to 9.363 Billion, my GDP actually started shrinking despite still having economic growth of +14%.

I kept going for a bit to see how it would develop, and even in like the mid to late 1920's my GDP was still slowly declining, despite positive economic growth, to 9.34 billion. At this point my transport capacity was at 200%, so that slider was at the default middle position, my crew training was also in the middle, and research maxed out.

I had scrapped my entire fleet, and was still at a negative monthly balance. I also took some decisions that were supposed to increase naval budget %, but they didn't do anything. Neither did GDP % increase decisions.

This is especially a problem, since the hard-cap doesn't go away. If you start a campaign with Germany in 1920, the starting GDP is I believe 30 Billion, but just like with the shipyard construction amount which doesn't go up as the years progress, the GDP cap also doesn't seem to increase, which means that no nation will be able to actually afford the newer ships if the campaign is started in 1890, since the GDP caps don't increase and thus the monthly budget is far too low.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, havaduck said:

Try to only design 1 ship at a time, save, exist the designer. Then reenter and next ship. It routinely crashes for me if I try, lets say, design all 4 classes of a 1890 start at once. Which is why I don't do it anymore because you can spent a lot of time there for naught.

Did this and the campaign still froze after I pressed start campaign at this point campaign is unplayable for me.

• Like 1

New update, some astonishing wins against the french, got a minor war victory and it worked: The AI ceeded 2 provinces and a load of cash! thats more then enough to carry over to the next war. Who knoes, might piss off Itally because Sardinia looks tasty. Love this, its bare bones yet ofc, and its about how and if it works, but here my grand strategy itch is also both teased to itch and scratched at the same time! Well done!

99SfKuZ.jpg

I also like the new "Dilemas" its that what they should be called? Anyway the small events about tension, money, relations and what not. They were frequent during slow peace time and very limited (and different! for example I had the Red Cross asking for a prisioneer exchange) during war times. EXCELLENT!

One thing tough: Pleas give US more feedback what it is you are trying to do. I have plenty to say, but I understand that its not helpful or even wanted in given situation when you guys are working one something else enterily and would only divert your attention to critical bugs and issues.

On the other hand giving feedback on something I think you might find useful is pretty vague .... especially since it vanishes to the void from our perspective.

• Like 4

Since my previous campaign seemed pretty much stuck with nothing happening I restarted.

This time I avoided all alliance offers and suddenly I can fight a proper war. I can't say for sure if that was the issue, but not getting into any alliances is the only thing I did differently...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Since my previous campaign seemed pretty much stuck with nothing happening I restarted.

This time I avoided all alliance offers and suddenly I can fight a proper war. I can't say for sure if that was the issue, but not getting into any alliances is the only thing I did differently...

Player needs ability to break any alliances whenever the player wants.

Also some minor bugs that may have been passed over…

14 hours ago, kjg000 said:

The "Role" listing still seems to be one off, i.e. you need to select "protect" to get "Invade".

3 hours ago, havaduck said:

Try to only design 1 ship at a time, save, exist the designer. Then reenter and next ship. It routinly crashes for me if I try, lets say, design all 4 classes of a 1890 start at once. Which is why I dont do it anymore because you can spent a lot of time there for naught.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Diplomacy causes a lot of problems and this game is frankly full of random stuff of the "damned if you do, damned if you dont". Next time it might be that you only get battles WITH an alliance.

Something I discovered in the newest updates is that if you want to fight the french, you gotta find out what the game decided is their "primary" coast. Usually its the one where the taskforces move to in the beginning and thus has more ships. You can sit all day in the mediterranean trying to get their odd 30 ships there in a fight for nought, but try sending a task force into the english channel and it will barely get past gibralta into the atlantic. This is reproducable reliably. I had the opposite as well ofc with the mediterranean being primary.

There is so much "from experience" and "shitty guess" and "its nowhere documented in the game but" that it feels like playing 80s early 90s game again. I mean they didnt have THAT amount, but then again I played released games like Power at Sea, Aces of the Deep and am comparing it to this which is still in development and ofc has some issues.

_______

Anyway that war with France worked, unfortunately I cant start another one and I am not getting a war decleartion event either ......

P0JKwEw.jpg

Relations are at the brink ...... nor rather eve of war and the relations detoriate futher but nothing. Each turn.

pkqvZUD.jpg

Campaign is dead again ofc with this. Only thing I will do is try and see if I get another war with France again. I think we traded eternal war through alliances for undulating peace and war with your chosen nemesis. Not exactly an upgrade.

• Like 1

I won my war with the French and took Corsica and Tunis. But the French still had ships in the tunisian ports.

They did not pull them out themselves. And my ships could not dock.

I was able to give those French ships orders to go elsewhere, after which the French had control over their ships again and I could dock my ships in the captured ports.

Edit: Correction: I just didn't click closely enough. I still can not dock any ships in the captured areas.

Also my GDP did not rise from getting two areas from the French. It's still stuck at the same 6.875 mil hard-cap. 😕

Edited by Norbert Sattler
  • Like 1

As I figured, I  can  am only allowed to fight the french with the games blessing.

pkqvZUD.jpg

So after trying to get tension with the others, the French relations are low enough for another war:

7mcuw9V.jpg

GB and GE also started their war, and GE is also at war with the French. I am not allied to germany.

wHoDuVp.jpg

I dont konw if thats a bug but I think so: The VP on the right are reset as its a new war, but on the left it continoues from the old score.

A DIPLOMACY screen would help keep track of who is at war with whom. We kinda have that with the one that shows relations, but if thats so, it needs vast improvment. Games can have simple visuallysations (like Civilization 1) but the players need to know what is actually going on!

(Also notice, the Atlantic coast is the primary, instantly got a battle there through tastk force. Meanwhile the one that also sits outnumbered in the mediterranean is ignored. I did get a convoy battle, but that is 3 cruisers being pulled out of their harbour due to sea control).

Edited by havaduck
  • Like 1

Some very quick campaign feedback here.
The economy of the continuous campaign seems a bit off. I've played a few 1890's campaigns at this point, and the highest I've seen GDP's go is about $12B, even as late as 1930, the highest remains $12B. This is a bit weird considering that for the 1910's start the nation with the lowest GDP is Italy, at $15B. Economies don't seem to be growing properly, with the GDP modifiers from most event not actually increasing or decreasing it. This might explain how some nations are defeated in times of peace by cannibalizing their own economies, as their economies haven't grown at all since the start of the campaign, which makes them incredibly susceptible to the negative aspects of the over-building bug. 1940's France might actually be able to support a navy of over 250 units, and will build up its forces accordingly, regardless of the fact that it will have to do so with the economy of 1890's France, which probably can't support such a fleet.

• Like 2

Perhaps add in a minimum amount (percentage) of crew an enemy ship can have before entering battle? I just started a battle where one ship just outright immediately surrendered, and another one took about two 1.1" HE shells before it dropped the last 0.2% below the threshold and surrendered. Doesn't feel right.

• Like 2

AI going for an unconventional all or nothing armour scheme here. Was a little surprised to see the ship already on fire and sinking long before my destroyers torpedoes should have arrived, and uh... yeah. Sunk with 76mm guns

OddArmourLayout.png

Yeah that campaign was screwed, as I feared. No matter the tension generation .......

4QWylEx.jpg

I could only go back to war with France periodically. Which to be honest wasnt much of an enemy anymore. In the last war I got a single battle against a hopelessly outmatched force. But It wouldnt have mattered because ......

xEOOVpG.jpg

No one has any ships left, because CREW TRAINING IS TO LOW.   See this is irretating. Its been mentioned by now a few times, but are the devs aware that this is an issue? Its ok if they are and just right not try to squash a different bug but otherwise ....

Annyway, the AIs and I are sitting on reserves the that start to make some GDP look shabby.

Just keept clicking this I got the first dreadnaught hull naturally which was in Nov. 1902. Considering build time, thats not that far off 1906 of dreadnaught.

Its funny, because I am accustomed to the 1910 start with battlecruisers, and there the normal dreadnought hull is overpriced garbage. If you want a cheap efficient 4 x 2 12" dreadnaught you go with the small hull. If you want bigger guns or another turret you go witht the battlecruiser or experimental dreadnaught hull.

This time, I hadnt unlocked the all the components I am used to, so the small dreadnaugt was cheaper but considerably worse (accuracy for example) for the price. Hell, I only had 3 centerline turrets and no medium barbettes available, which is awesome because the result is much more reminicent of HMS Dreadnaught.

Zo4fhtT.jpg

Sad noises. The game has so much potential but the campaign isnt just there yet.

Edited by havaduck
  • Like 1

Probably (?) a bug?:

Even after an AI empire is eliminated (France in my case) I keep getting events/prompts associated with that empire. (It seems like I'm being guided into war with them again, but that can't happen because they don't exist.)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SpardaSon21 said:

I'm talking specifically about the mount types you mentioned, not others.

1920px-SMS_Bremen_Gun_LOC_08813u.jpg

Oh yes, that's quite the turret there on Bremen.  If you have information that any of the later ships mounted those guns in turrets as opposed to hand-operated mount like that I would love to see it, because I have not been able to find any online.

Frankfurt of the Wiesbaden-class wasn't much different in terms of mounting, even with a larger 15cm gun, nor even the second Koenigsburg-class or even the WW1 Coeln-class.

The Royal Navy wasn't any better, not having proper turrets on their CL's until the post-WW1 Enterprise.

And unfortunately when you hit 25 knots such as with some scout cruisers in the 1905 era you're looking at massive smoke interference to do so.

Dresden with midships turret
SMS_Dresden_1909_LOC_det_4a16116.jpg

Mainz with side turrets (below boats)
SMS_Mainz_illustration_by_Parkes.jpg

Magdeburg
Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-2007-0221,_Kleiner

Graudenz class
SMS_Regensburg_as_in_1918.svg
Pillau
SMS_Pillau.jpg

I think you get the point.

Edited by SpecTRe_X
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dave P. said:

Probably (?) a bug?:

Even after an AI empire is eliminated (France in my case) I keep getting events/prompts associated with that empire. (It seems like I'm being guided into war with them again, but that can't happen because they don't exist.)

In fact, I'm not getting ANY events that do anything with other empires. No opportunity to randomly lower relations and start a war.

Is there any chance you might split the current crew training apart into two sliders, one for the actual training and another for recruitment?

Because right now if I push the slider to max, I end up with tens of thousends of unused crew, but if I put it lower, my crews an eternity to train up. And I'm not using hyperbole when I say tens of thousands. In my current game I went from 1890 to 1908 and have a pool of 30,247 crew available.

• Like 3