Game-Labs Forum

homefleet attack radius

van stiermarken

1 hour ago, van stiermarken said:

Dear Support

I can't be that we got attacked far away from the french territory from the home fleet twice a row. It's nearly not possible to do PvP in foreign waters.

Please change this.

Many thanks in advance.

image.thumb.png.7246a0f0e173dafa9de4ea6b42965de9.png

Try getting attacked by a swedish privateer fleet at La Mona.. then u can talk about getting attacked by a home fleet far, far from home..

EDIT:

At the moment the privateer fleet is also protecting the swedish ports of Marigot, Phillipsburg, Oranjestadt, Fort Baiii and actually screening for the swedes against Sandy Hill.

On the other side (at CS) the privateer fleet protects Amalienborg and Coral Bay, even the swedish screeners got tagged by the privateer fleet right in the port of Pasaje when we had the second PB against the swedes there. 

This effectively takes out a lot of ports that are nominally capturable but really isn't. I'd suggest two solutions: 1: Reduce the distance of the privateer fleets markedly. This will have the added effect of making privateerfleet farming more risky which will, somewhat, improve chances of PvP. 2: Removing the privateer fleets and replace them with an increased capitalzone but the zone can't be too large else it'll encompass ports that should be capturable.

Edited by Guest

Lars,

Question (not rhetorical).

what you described is about a 25km radius hunting zone for Protection fleets.  The Virgin Islands are densely packed with ports.  Perhaps port battles in areas with ports very close together will require ingenuity and co-ordination?  Tough to capture but not impossible?

UvSwhYK.jpg

Edited by Macjimm

5 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

Lars,

Question (not rhetorical).

what you described is about a 25km radius hunting zone for Protection fleets.  The Virgin Islands are densely packed with ports.  Perhaps port battles in areas with ports very close together will require ingenuity and co-ordination?  Tough to capture but not impossible?

UvSwhYK.jpg

I don't disagree that the ports could be taken (We did lose Pasaje today fx), but it's a question about balance and principle. In principle I don't believe that the two "Hard" mode nations should have ports protected by the privateer fleets, when the capturable ports can be invested in, where fx. GB can't have the same and their uncapturable ports can't be invested in. This actually means that if we disregard port bonus', starting position for Sweden and Denmark-Norway is far better than any other nation with the exception of VP (who has even more ports protected by the privateer fleets).

I don't believe any nation in a RvR conquest system should have ports that has magical protection, on the other hand I do believe that there should be some protection for new players.

@Macjimm I'm not entirely sure about the extended radius of the privateer fleets. I do think that the screening fleet that got gutted in the port of Pasaje was spotted before and the AI basically just zeroed in on it. I don't think the protection radius extends further than just outside Pasaje.

Captains, based on the provided description and screenshots there are no bugs. Please send in-game F11 reports for privateer issues - this way it is much easier to check and track that kind of issues.

Please start a new topic in Naval Action general forums instead to discuss the current attack radius.