Game-Labs Forum

Water deepness mode

Sturm561

Nice addition!!!  Helps a great deal when either landing troops or for those in tight to shore battles.   I never thought of that addition, but very helpful....thanks!  Oh, and by the way, I just noticed it so if it's been there for awhile then just let me live my fantasy ;)

9 hours ago, Sturm561 said:

Nice addition!!!  Helps a great deal when either landing troops or for those in tight to shore battles.   I never thought of that addition, but very helpful....thanks!  Oh, and by the way, I just noticed it so if it's been there for awhile then just let me live my fantasy ;)

So far i‘m just an interested spectator, watching YouTube gameplay videos and taking occasional glimpses into the forum.

But the implementation of different water depths and thier possible impact to the gameplay have crossed my mind repeatedly.

Please tell me, if they are already there what is thier effect to gameplay so far.

34 minutes ago, WilliamTheIII said:

It does, if you fully run aground your ship starts to sink and eventually, the water rushing in will overpower the pumps and crew and will sink. Unfortunately, there is no current system to get yourself unstuck which is incredibly frustrating.

Wiggle around enough and sometimes you can manage it. Most of the time it doesn't work though.

Ditto to Rygoat's comment.  Proper application of pushing the ship aground with another ship can help.  Of course, I've heard that collision damage may be added to the game, which might make this method obsolete.  Maybe they can add a towing kit to the upgrades list, so you can try to rescue your grounded ships.

Really like this feature, used in replaying Brit campaign to bring Richmond in to fire into village to good effect. 

Would wonder how well pulling a ship to unground it work. Wind direction would of course be key, but enough?

Are the devs ready to give us tides? 😎.

Edited by skg02

• 3 weeks later...

Indeed, water depth in coastal operations and naval battles close from the shore is crucial, thanks for the addition ! Are the depths in game based on real water dephts ? Is it possible to visualize the depths in game ? Or to get/use nautical charts or maps or to sound the water depth to prevent going aground  ?