Game-Labs Forum

Loki Rune in Hostility mission

TheDread

For the second time, I've had a loki in a hostility mission.   I believe this is unintended behavior.  If it IS intended behavior, there's still a bug because the combat news notification isn't localizing correctly.   

Both times I've caught the loki because of oddities in the boarding.  The time it happened today, he attempted to pull me while his crew was lower than mine.   He also, once I did board him, counter-attacked even with lower crew than me.   When I killed him, a notification popped up in combat news, but it appeared to be in another language (I play in English.)  

I believed Loki is only supposed to put you into open world battles, not hostility  orders or other mission types?   combatnews.png.568b027b64156676de88be31234e2257.png 

Edited by TheDread
Double posted the image.

10 hours ago, Alex B. said:

It will be fixed in nearest hot-fix

Thank you!  Which thing will be fixed, out of curiosity?  The notification, or the loki being able to enter hostility missions in the first place? 

It seems ripe for abuse if a nation can start popping lokis when they see hostility going up on a port, then whoever gets in just sails away and keeps everyone tagged until the cavalry shows up... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

Are we all absolutely sure this is a bug an not a feature? I like the idea of a player replacing any AI at any given time.. It is fun! :)

Yes, but you have to agree with TheDread.. In the hostility in particular it can be exploited.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Captain FrosT said:

Yes, but you have to agree with TheDread.. In the hostility in particular it can be exploited.

I get this: If your doing a hostility with 10 players in crafted 1. rates, vs 10 NPC in 1. rates, and then 10 players use loki rune to take over the NPC 1. rates. I can imagine there will be some fire ships followed by a bording fest.. And if some defending players join then I guess it would seriously suck for the attackers and their 10 crafted 1. rates yes..

But what is the chance of that happening? 🤣

5 hours ago, Tiedemann said:

I get this: If your doing a hostility with 10 players in crafted 1. rates, vs 10 NPC in 1. rates, and then 10 players use loki rune to take over the NPC 1. rates. I can imagine there will be some fire ships followed by a bording fest.. And if some defending players join then I guess it would seriously suck for the attackers and their 10 crafted 1. rates yes..

But what is the chance of that happening? 🤣

TheDread didn't talk about that. He talked about a loki player deciding to sail away, to give time to players to jump in! And that's unacceptable!

• Like 2

In GENERAL if you asked me to fix Loki runes, I'd suggest that the loki driver gets kicked out (and AI control resumes) if they get more than 750 or 1000m from the nearest  enemy player for more than 2 minutes.  That would solve the occasionally frustrating sail-away issues in Open World, and prevent abuse in hostility missions. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2019 at 9:41 AM, Alex B. said:

It will be fixed in nearest hot-fix

This has not been fixed if it is a bug, Loki runes still put people into hostility missions. You can tell when an AI has been taken over by a Loki by looking at the rank. If it is a Loki then the rank will be cadet (or whatever the lowest rank of the nation concerned).

5 hours ago, Archaos said:

This has not been fixed if it is a bug, Loki runes still put people into hostility missions. You can tell when an AI has been taken over by a Loki by looking at the rank. If it is a Loki then the rank will be cadet (or whatever the lowest rank of the nation concerned).

We do not consider Hostility mission a pvp free activity on the War server
the reply by another developer is a mistake, but we can only check this monday - maybe he meant something else, like some element of the report

On 12/23/2019 at 10:31 PM, TheDread said:

Thank you!  Which thing will be fixed, out of curiosity?  The notification, or the loki being able to enter hostility missions in the first place? 

I meant localization problem. And localization problem has already fixed few patches ago.