Game-Labs Forum

New ship on the seas, what nation?

Always a difficult choice (even though you can purchase Profilic Forager and have your name&nation changed)

It depends really what you want from game. If you are looking PvP and want to go to PvP server

Biggest and mighties PvP nation is Russia so if you wish something easy then go for that

Dutch, Great Brittain, Pirates and maybe Sweden after HAVOC clan switch there from Denmark and  are nations what can do Port Battles (RvR PvP) and fight for the ownership of ports. I am not sure about USA, probably it should be categorised as smaller?

Then there are smaller nations where you will also have fun time if you find good group of people:
Denmark-Norway, French, Spain, Prussia and even tiny nation of Poland-Lithunia where people mainly concentrate levelling, trading and doing PvP on open waters what you can do perfectly even in smaller nation. 

I dont think any nation turns down new players :)

Advice from another new player. Do tutorials and final exams and try to find good clan to join in nation chat. Final exam is difficult but there are YouTube tutorials of it. It will give you nice amount of equipments and rank to command frigates instead of grinding through first levels.

Edited by Rymy Finne

I don't think any nation is really quiet. Even the big boys get hunted frequently no matter how far away their important ports are. Plus there's a new item that allows a player to randomly join an ongoing battle and control an AI ship. So PvP will find its way to you eventually. If you want peace and quiet then you might enjoy the peace server where there is no PvP, but for many that place gets repetitive real fast.

12 hours ago, Longshot said:

Joining any nation take into account time differences. If you join US living in Europe,  you will start your play when most of your clan mate goes to bed .

Think that's backwards, if your EU than you will be going to bed when most of the US is getting off work.  We are behind them not in front of them (I'm 5-6 hours behind Server time).   Though this is a good point, depending where OP is he might want to look at nations that has more players.  Some nations lack on the US player base and some on the EU.   For good all arounds it's the big four most mention:  Russian, Dutch, Pirates and GB.   French, Spanish and Danes tend to have mostly EU players.  Sweds is smaller but does have players in both time zones.  US is actually bigger than folks think, but it suffers from poor location on the map and leadership.   

OP let us know what all your looking for, right now kinda been slow as folks are taking breaks and waiting on more update/changes and well we are getting closer to holiday seasons too.