Game-Labs Forum

Why "Its too dangerous to go that fast"?

RedParadize

Before this patch I was about to suggest to add a x10 as battle were a bit long and left me with little to do except pathing and target priority. But now, with the forced slow down it make mission like "semi-dreadnough" painfully long to play. It took me 40min to realize I would not have enough ammo to complete the mission!

Whats the reasoning behind the forced slow down?

• Like 6

It make me think it have something to do with game performance. I mean they also reduced secondary rate of fire. If its that, then they really have to find something else. Like reducing the trajectory calculation for secondary. They could make it a flat damage per second on target I would not care much. But not this.

I think this was born because they observed that players (which does include me) played on 5x and then complained about missing torpedo warning or long range accuracy of the enemy, both you are suppose to dodge.

Personally I would like to be free to chose 5x speed because it is boring to watch you destroyers blasting away at TB's that simply refuse to die for 5+ minutes... 

Devs already responded to this many times. Time is slowed closer to enemies to avoid crashes caused by time acceleration AND to find crashes that are happen in battles but are not caused by it. 

EDIT: forgot to add that they also said time acceleration will go back to what it was last patch once they are happy with bug squishing. 

Edited by Finnwolf88
Added more info

1 hour ago, SiWi said:

I think this was born because they observed that players (which does include me) played on 5x and then complained about missing torpedo warning

Same here, played a few hours today and thought that they made the torps bigger or something... -.- I actually enjoy the 1x speed now that I'm forced into it. Makes you care more about ship angles an all rather than "oooohhhhh, pretty light and explosions"

9 hours ago, Absolute0CA said:

It’s not performance, my PC handled 41 CLs at 5x with 5 guns each with no frame drops and only turned into a slide show with 68 on 30x with 3 guns each.

What damned rig are you running!? I'm running a Ryzen 3600 and this game still managed to 100% it when there's a load of ships.

2 hours ago, Finnwolf88 said:

Devs already responded to this many times. Time is slowed closer to enemies to avoid crashes caused by time acceleration AND to find crashes that are happen in battles but are not caused by it.

This evening I was stuck in "too dangerous to go that fast" x1 speed mode when I couldn't even find the enemy for more than 45 minutes, and all my own ships were also far apart searching the horizons.  Thankfully I found that dang TB just before the battle timer expired. 

Edited by Barbancourt

2 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Do you have a supercomputer at home?

More or less I7-7700k @ 5.0 GHz and a 1080 Ti @ 2100 MHz after the patch though I can handle 80 light cruisers on 5x though the AI is so terrible for them they are stuck going in circles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Absolute0CA said:

More or less I7-7700k @ 5.0 GHz and a 1080 Ti @ 2100 MHz after the patch though I can handle 80 light cruisers on 5x though the AI is so terrible for them they are stuck going in circles.

Damm, thats insane. Mine is a AMD Athlon X4 840 3.8ghz with a GTX 750 2GB and 8GB's of DDR3 RAM.

1 hour ago, Barbancourt said:

This evening I was stuck in "too dangerous to go that fast" x1 speed mode when I couldn't even find the enemy for more than 45 minutes, and all my own ships were also far apart searching the horizons.  Thankfully I found that dang TB just before the battle timer expired. 

You can kinda cheat with finding the enemy by clicking open the enemy icon on the top of the screen and double clicking an enemy. Camera will go straight to that enemy. 

Used this method to find the enemies in the chase mission. 

7 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Damm, thats insane. Mine is a AMD Athlon X4 840 3.8ghz with a GTX 750 2GB and 8GB's of DDR3 RAM.

Somebody sure needs a big christmas present!  ;D 

When I started playing This Land Is My Land the devs told me my GTX 970 was barely adequate.  I started shopping for a replacement but think I'll hold off on a big GPU purchase until next year.  Ultimate Admiral isn't as graphics intensive though. 

Edited by Barbancourt