Game-Labs Forum

Port Bonuses need removing ASAP

I am not saying it is hard to build the port or the shipyard up. I am saying it is very easy for it to be lost in certain countries.

As of now, the majority of the main crafting ports of all the countries on the map, can be DIRECTLY ATTACKED with 24 hour notice, even during a weekday. Imagine yourself as a clan leader of US, Swedish, France (I am not even gonna bother with polish and prussia), how do you expect to gather 22 L oceans players within a day of notice during a weekday? Even if you are English or Pirate, even if you do manage to gather 22 L oceans, would you have absolute confidence of defending the port facing an experienced opponent? 

The only reason these crafting ports has not yet been crushed and burnt, is because leaders of the big countries are been "nice".

=======================================================

And of course, this is not the only problem. As previously discussed, players can only join clans to use port bonus, clans need to be on the friend list of port owner, the friend list is limited in number. Port owner can remove clans from friend list at their own will. Country will have dispute over who owns the best port, and the first one who claim it usually refuse to give it up and nobody else can do anything about it, etc, etc, etc

Edited by Emain Macha

6 hours ago, Emain Macha said:

I am not saying it is hard to build the port or the shipyard up. I am saying it is very easy for it to be lost in certain countries.

As of now, the majority of the main crafting ports of all the countries on the map, can be DIRECTLY ATTACKED with 24 hour notice, even during a weekday. Imagine yourself as a clan leader of US, Swedish, France (I am not even gonna bother with polish and prussia), how do you expect to gather 22 L oceans players within a day of notice during a weekday? Even if you are English or Pirate, even if you do manage to gather 22 L oceans, would you have absolute confidence of defending the port facing an experienced opponent? 

The only reason these crafting ports has not yet been crushed and burnt, is because leaders of the big countries are been "nice".

=======================================================

And of course, this is not the only problem. As previously discussed, players can only join clans to use port bonus, clans need to be on the friend list of port owner, the friend list is limited in number. Port owner can remove clans from friend list at their own will. Country will have dispute over who owns the best port, and the first one who claim it usually refuse to give it up and nobody else can do anything about it, etc, etc, etc

thats the price of playing in a smaller nation. u could contract out to other nations for aid offer monetary or marks for aid. or u could change nations, or buy a 2nd account and place it in a large nation and use it to provide sanctuary if ur main looses its crafting port. i've seen the US pull 40 ships out of its pocket when LR was in danger so i dont see the issue with US, as long as those nations have 22 players they can field 22 first rates doesnt have to be a fleet of crafted oceans. u can buy crafted oceans from other nations sure ur paying more for them but what are u going to complain about.

this is another reason why the big nations using pirates as an example have too many clans and not enough port owners to divy up the lists. same with GB they have a cluster of tiny clans where they should have just large clans put the small ones together kick inactives that way ur not making ur clans look big with inactives.

so what if ur nations port is vulnerable to be attacked if u want to play in safety go play on the peace server. if u want high danger stay on war. just look at pirates they had yesterday 8 port battles against them. a small nation was able to take 4 ports from pirates the US took 4 ports.

so dont cry over how weak ur nation is go out build a fleet bide ur time and then strike when they least expect it..

a dispute lets see pirates have baracoa, gb has trux, belize. its just a matter of in nation politics which isnt a concern of anyone outside those nations.

right now on the war server there is no issue with the port bonuses as they are distributed. the us have SA its a 45 point port.so crafting isnt an issue here unless the us has alot of tiny clans fighting over being on the list. if this is the issue put ur crafters in an allied clan thats on the list and just move the ships to ur actual clans.

3 hours ago, RubyRose said:

this is another reason why the big nations using pirates as an example have too many clans and not enough port owners to divy up the lists...

How about that, another great argument to eliminate all this clan ruling garbage and get back to what the game was founded on, nation play.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RubyRose said:

this is another reason why the big nations using pirates as an example have too many clans and not enough port owners to divy up the lists. same with GB they have a cluster of tiny clans where they should have just large clans put the small ones together kick inactives that way ur not making ur clans look big with inactives.

Um... Or you could just have nations with individual crafters choosing their bonuses at their shipyards. I'd rather not be a part of one big clan, maybe that's why I'm not...