Game-Labs Forum

Port Bonuses need removing ASAP

Ed Rose

• Able seaman
  • Ed Rose

Port bonuses are destroying this game, please remove them asap....

Only the elite clans can build them and use them..

giphy.gif

I have 18 of my 27 ships that are captured bonus bling up the ass ships from enemies, I would be fine if they lost all their bonuses.  This thread is sort of funny, Ed calling for the end of port bonus ships, since the Nuevitas build no longer produces monstrosities like this: 

097748129AE442C71DE3BEB567240DD81219FF00

Or this:

E50938FDA6C1F3BF0B12C80C709EC8200D8C896F

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 3

The point is...its creating elite clans...and new clans cant rise as before...so we are stuck with the clans we have because they Lord over and demand the smaller clans give tribute to use the big ports...no need to lower this into a pissing contest, its a valid point.

• Like 5

Hi Guys,

seriously cant understand you anymore:

If someone comes out with a big headline, everyone is taking part in the discussion...

But if another one, me in this case, comes out with a probable solution for this problem (and yeah, it IS a problem), only few are participating :( 

I mean THIS thread a few posts below this one:

• Like 1

Actually its true, portbonus make strong clans even stronger. Some big clans are nice to other smaller clans, truely support their Nation and new Players ... some clans rule like dictators...

So how must this look for a newbe? He knows that almost everyone (so it seems to him) has much better ships than him and the only way to reach better ships too is to kiss a lot of Asses or serve as a slave.

So how does it look for a member that leaves a big clan for whatever reasons. Very often a clan react like a disdained Lover when a member leaves ... 

On top: a clan can get removed from the friendslist of the crafting port only because his place in the friendslist is needed for another Clan that has maybe made a better offer ... 

I only know for sure i will need a game break for months If this happens to my Clan ... 

• Like 1

hi everyone,

i think port bonus is killing small clans and RvR too.

imo a possible solution  could be: give each port a specialization as it once was, perhaps upgradeable and implementable with some small bonuses that work like the current port bonuses.

ex Vera Cruz produce very hard ship; you can invest CM, doublons and VM to upgrade the bonus and you can upgrade also other minor bonus( for example the pushing of the square or thickness and hp of the masts or the refilling of the guns).

each of these bonus should raise or lower the crafting cost of the ship.

all the nation can use this bonus or not, in the crafting windows there should be the option to use or not the bonus.

Edited by SantaRoja
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:08 PM, Ed Rose said:

The point is...its creating elite clans...and new clans cant rise as before...so we are stuck with the clans we have because they Lord over and demand the smaller clans give tribute to use the big ports...no need to lower this into a pissing contest, its a valid point.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:27 PM, Ed Rose said:

they even tell other clans who to add to their clans list...creating overlords...

The Point is - not the mechanic is the Problem. As you clearly declared, the problem are the egoistic clans in different nations. 

Do you think Sweden could fight so many Portbattles if the clans don't work together in a proper way? Every clan has ist specific way to play, but for the health of the nation we are working together. This is the swedish spirit since many years and this is the reason why we survieved even in the hard times.

So blame the player and not the game!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HamBlower said:

So blame the player and not the game!

That's a really cool one-liner that completely ignores the pivotal fact that we can't do anything about the players but actually can do something about the game.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, jodgi said:

That's a really cool one-liner that completely ignores the pivotal fact that we can't do anything about the players but actually can do something about the game.

Everybody is able to do something about those players.

Leave them alone and stop trembling with fear 😈 

1 hour ago, Staunberg said:

Fine you want to make a statement. Bias is also ok to, we are all that.

The question you forget to put in.

- Did all players ore only a few ask for it?

- Did devs lissen to the few ore the many?

- Did devs actually delivere what the few asked for?

Clan control was asked. Port infrastructure was asked. Even defenses building was asked for.

You can go through suggestions discussions back to 2014 ideas to see them all. Every single one.

Do not for a second doubt that we, the community, have delivered excellent design ideas for the open world. We really did. Devs did read them all and made their design.

Also do not doubt for a second that we, the mob, are NOT the game owners and designers. We suggest and play, and that's it.

So, when suggesting something do weight the possible outcomes, the good, the bad and the ugly. And not only what suits the moment.

• Like 3

Gentlemen, If I could point you to another thread which I believe has a solid base of ideas from which to fix  the system whereby a controlling clan has SOME power (as in additional payments) but can not commit META warfare on it's own nation via friendly clan list, and petty revenge.

Please have a read, this represent what I think is an intelligent compromise between punishing a clan and not hurting your own nation due to ego/grudge/lunacy.  My own humble suggestions are in this thread as well.  WE CAN MAKE THIS GAME BETTER, we just need to slightly NERF some of the MEMEMEMEMEMEME power players.  Let them have their hammer to hurt people they don't like, just make it a smaller one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Staunberg said:

In short players did not surgest what we got.

Maybe you didn't. Maybe i didn't. That is correct. Suggestions exist and are excellent discussions with a lot of pros and cons.

The drive for clan control. The drive for clan ownership. The drive for clans to chose who can or not access the port. Those are fairly recent.

Port improvements are quite old suggestions.

I personally dislike bonus this big. I personally like a lot more Nation than clan. And I support anything that does 2 things - impose maximum discomfort to alt accounts usage and reduction of bonus from books, modules and other stuff to marginal values. when stacked it would be equivalent to basics of today.

So yes I agree with part of this suggestion. I agree with removing the bonus. Not with taking out control of owners.

There is a simple solution to the problem. If a clan is not on the friend list of the port owner and wishes to craft there then they pay a little extra to the owning clan, sort of a tax for not being on the friend list. That way new clans that did not contribute to the original investment are paying into the port and everyone in nation has access to the port bonuses. The tax could be extra reals for small ships, doubloons for larger ships and CM's for 1st and 2nd rates.

18 minutes ago, Red Tail said:

Seems like that the reason of this topic 

QGQPNgKYLco6Huc6-Region.png

lul?
Nothing to add more.

So it looks like having a history of joining a nation and then stabbing them in the back when they wont bow down to your wish to attack your old nation is finally coming due. 

Other than that, being able to select what bonus you want as a crafter is an interesting concept. Maybe keep the pool of options based on the port and have the crafter be able to select which one/ones to include with different effects on the ship stats (keep sail bonus to increase speed but not take hull since it would add weight and slow it down)

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:39 PM, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Just let folks upgrade their own ports with VMs.

Every port could be a 55 point port but then people won't feel so bad about attacking each other.

Everyone can make a port successful!

NPC attacks wouldn't be against a single owning clan.

Small clans can have a port of their own design!

Agree for that, if really developers want to keep on port bonus. In addition, a completely developed port should be defended by fortresses.

Having fortress is not limited by the deep of the port or by the local crafmanship / industries. When you develop a port IRL, you defend it by fortifications, like Brest in France, Plymouth in GB, Scapa Flow or Pearl Arbor.

Please give freedom to players! This will give players to game!

Port bonuses concentrates shipping on a small area, so a big part of the map is not used so frequently anymore.

I would remove port bonus completely and replace it with a crafting experience bonus  (for each ship type separately). If you craft a lot you build great ships, the influence of such a crafting bonus should a third of todays port bonus...

Well, I suggested it before, but no one wanted to hear it...

• Like 3