Game-Labs Forum

Port Bonuses need removing ASAP

Needs a big nerf for sure. Remove all 55 points ports, make most points 33, and increase 33 point ports. 

So you can have 4+4 as biggest bonus, remaing 3 points can be defence, farm or minor stats. This gives diversity on different ship building ports. Decreases OP status of ships which are 4+4+4+3+2

In fact 4 point bonus is also op, like to maximum 3 upgrades. Gunnery 4 is another big gunnery book, Sailing 4 is another naval clock plus other upgrades, crew 4 and hull also op. 

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, --Privateer-- said:

I like the 33 point idea.

More ports should be possible crafting ports, so 1-2 clans can't claim the best ones and force everyone to their will, to get on the friendly list. 

the problem is the 15 slots for the friends list 

that should be unlimited and by choice of the port holder (if it is a friendly nation clan )

all nations have more than 15 clans..and that is the problem..... not the bonus,  or the port size .

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Thonys said:
39 minutes ago, --Privateer-- said:

I like the 33 point idea.

More ports should be possible crafting ports, so 1-2 clans can't claim the best ones and force everyone to their will, to get on the friendly list. 

the problem is the 15 slots for the friends list 

that should be unlimited and by choice of the port holder (if it is a friendly nation clan )

all nations have more than 15 clans..and that is the problem..... not the bonus,  or the port size .

No matter how big the friendly clan list is, the owing clan can still assert control over the other clans. If they don't play nice, they won't get on the list. Which is a problem for most nations, but especially pirates, since they are vastly different views on what a pirate clan 'should' be, ranging from lone pvpers to RVR clans. Yet all should have use of port bonuses. 

This would be fixed by having significantly more possible crafting ports, not every clan would have their own, but there also wouldn't be 1-2 ruling clans. 

Edited by --Privateer--
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

It is a big problem, and yes friend list size needs to be increased. 

yes it is a problem

and it has been asked many times to address this issue

but people are addressing it the wrong way ...

most people want to remove the friendlist what is not a good idea what we all need is a ingreas on the choice to make friends >>>  unlimited .

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ed Rose said:

Port bonuses are destroying this game, please remove them asap....

Only the elite clans can build them and use them..

yep, I can use those even though I didn't pay for them just because I joined the correct nation

just delete this bullshit because its bullshit

Edited by Captain2Strong
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, --Privateer-- said:

No matter how big the friendly clan list is, the owing clan can still assert control over the other clans. If they don't play nice, they won't get on the list. Which is a problem for most nations, but especially pirates, since they are vastly different views on what a pirate clan 'should' be, ranging from lone pvpers to RVR clans. Yet all should have use of port bonuses. 

This would be fixed by having significantly more possible crafting ports, not every clan would have their own, but there also wouldn't be 1-2 ruling clans. 

well it is about who owns the port. 

if you have not conquered the port who are you to demand any rights on that port...

every clan has his own structure and own demands .

if you do not fit in that demand well try to get a port of your own ..

capture a port of your own.

ps. remember i am always willing to put you on the list(if you are friendly to the nation) because it is also giving me revenue for doing more port trade ,but i am restricted by the friends list to put more clans on the list. for our clan that is the only reason to have the ability to put more clans on that list. also when you have the goods for making ships we always willing to build you a ship if you are a true friend of the nation :)

Edited by Thonys

I don't see the problem with port bonuses.   It is unbalanced and not equitable, but it's not bad or wrong.  Mechanisms for advantage are helpful in an MMO.

My clan is not on the friend's list for a port that creates fast ships.  I hauled the resources there to build fast Traders and quicky and easily found many many shipwights eager to make dozens of ships for me.  Most shipwrights would have helped me (for free) without the resources I provided, all of them were happy to do it without the labor hour contact(s) I gave them.

I craft some of my resources in a few ports where I do not receive the port production bonus because my clan is not friendly.  I could switch clans.  I could move the production buildings to a friendly clan port.

The current system encourages player interactions and building relationships.  It creates choices and more interesting game content. 

7 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

I don't see the problem with port bonuses.   It is unbalanced and not equitable, but it's not bad or wrong.  Mechanisms for advantage are helpful in an MMO.

Port Bonuses are not bad u say, and then you say it is Unbalanced. So from my few they are BAD and WRONG.

My clan is not on the friend's list for a port that creates fast ships.  I hauled the resources there to build fast Traders and quicky and easily found many many shipwights eager to make dozens of ships for me.  Most shipwrights would have helped me (for free) without the resources I provided, all of them were happy to do it without the labor hour contact(s) I gave them.

So you helped to Build up the Port? It is good but why is your Clan not on the Friendlist. So if the Portowners in my Nation will kick our Clan from Friendlist it woud end in a Nation change atleast for some of our Clan. Or we will get rough about them and will not Support them in anyway.

I craft some of my resources in a few ports where I do not receive the port production bonus because my clan is not friendly.  I could switch clans.  I could move the production buildings to a friendly clan port.

The current system encourages player interactions and building relationships.  It creates choices and more interesting game content. 

The current system is not much diverent from that what we had befor Portbonuses. You coud not build by your own all the things you needed for Ships. You had to collect over time some Oak and change it to some other ressources after you collected enough, or you traded the stuff from others.

Over all, the Bonuses made thinks worse than befor, why shoud anyone build there own ships, if they can buy in ShroudCay ships from VeraCruz(Lenin God of Alts), and spend Reals to the Clan that will kick your ass in a Patrolzone. 

We support them with Reals,CombatMedals and chests. What goes wrong here, we can not longer be more self supplying from our owne Nation Shipbuilders, cause our Ships can not hold on those 55point Port-Ships.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jim Beamreach said:

So you helped to Build up the Port?

Nope.  I didn't help.  

29 minutes ago, Jim Beamreach said:

You coud not build by your own all the things you needed for Ships. You had to collect over time some Oak and change it to some other ressources after you collected enough, or you traded the stuff from others.

I collect all the resources needed to build my own ships.  I do not buy any of the resources.  I do not have to trade for resources. It's easy.

The current system is better than what you suggest.  Your proposal would limit my choices and remove content.

Edited by Macjimm
spelink

1 minute ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Just let folks upgrade their own ports with VMs.

Every port could be a 55 point port but then people won't feel so bad about attacking each other.

Everyone can make a port successful!

NPC attacks wouldn't be against a single owning clan.

Small clans can have a port of their own design!

That is an excellent idea.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

I collect all the resources needed to build my own ships.  I do not buy any of the resources.  I do not have to trade for resources. It's easy.

now you say that and befor you sayd that:

1 hour ago, Macjimm said:

So what do you want now? more interaction with others in a ballanced way or not?

3 hours ago, Jim Beamreach said:

now you say that and befor you sayd that:

So what do you want now? more interaction with others in a ballanced way or not?

Yes, interaction without tedious balance.  The current system is better than what you propose.

Edited by Macjimm

Making max investment level to be 3 and cost to be 20 points, level 2 to cost 16 points, brings much more choices. You can only pick 2 out of sail/hull/crew, I do not count mast and rig which is meh. So you would see many different shipyards for different builds. 

Square fort to be 7 points, round towers 3 points. Imagine the diversity. 

And as @Gregory Rainsborough purposed, every port to be upgraded to maxiumum 55 points, if you have vm/cm/dubs/reals. 

• Like 1

Has anyone realized yet that in order to remove or change the port bonuses it (to be fair) would also trigger a ship wipe. Without wiping out existing ships that have the bonus by removing the bonus you would compound the very thing you are complaining about now. Remove the bonuses without removing the ships there will be a very small chance to defeat these 14.5+ kt wasa's that have been floating around recently. So as it was stated before, be careful what you wish for.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raekur said:

Has anyone realized yet that in order to remove or change the port bonuses it (to be fair) would also trigger a ship wipe. Without wiping out existing ships that have the bonus by removing the bonus you would compound the very thing you are complaining about now. Remove the bonuses without removing the ships there will be a very small chance to defeat these 14.5+ kt wasa's that have been floating around recently. So as it was stated before, be careful what you wish for.

Doesn't seem that difficult from a coding standpoint to simply remove the port bonus modifiers from existing ships.

• Like 6