Game-Labs Forum

Ship speed stats are different when ship is main or docked/shop

I have found myself buying and looking ship stats at port to be way different as when i set the ship as my main ship.

I find this very frustraiting when i try to figure wich ships to add to my fleet, as i want toamtch the speeds example.

I quess it has something to do whit that i dont have al lthe books maybe? And im seeing the MAX stats the ship can get at?

But i think like in every other game i should see the actual stats the ship will actually sail under my command. The max info is only extra info im interested but the main information i want fast from the ships and specially from the shop is the actual stats the ship will have under my command.

You can check it out yourself, set your main ship docked and back and compare the stats while its docked. For me at least certain areas differ ALOT.

Edited by James Thomson
Edited headline to match contet better.
  • Like 1

the same thing happens when you jump to another port and have to select the port where you jumped to

when you do not select it you see other stuff as well in default position (instead of the port you jumped to)

also when having a ship in the fleet and put it to the docks again your ship is cleared of the upgrades what alters your ship stats.

sometimes it looks a mess

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, James Thomson said:

I have found myself buying and looking ship stats at port to be way different as when i set the ship as my main ship.

I find this very frustraiting when i try to figure wich ships to add to my fleet, as i want toamtch the speeds example.

I quess it has something to do whit that i dont have al lthe books maybe? And im seeing the MAX stats the ship can get at?

But i think like in every other game i should see the actual stats the ship will actually sail under my command. The max info is only extra info im interested but the main information i want fast from the ships and specially from the shop is the actual stats the ship will have under my command.

You can check it out yourself, set your main ship docked and back and compare the stats while its docked. For me at least certain areas differ ALOT.

As answered above, the effect of cannons and repairs weight is only calculated for your “”main ship in dock. It’s inconvenient but not too hard to work around. If you want to see the speed of a ship, make it your main. 

39 minutes ago, Farrago said:

As answered above, the effect of cannons and repairs weight is only calculated for your “”main ship in dock. It’s inconvenient but not too hard to work around. If you want to see the speed of a ship, make it your main. 

Entire need to set a ship as main when it is already fully loaded at Docks seems very inconvinient for me. Its such easy thing to implement basic load out weight to the ships, would be usefull to see ships realistic speed at sale.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 10:10 AM, James Thomson said:

Entire need to set a ship as main when it is already fully loaded at Docks seems very inconvinient for me. Its such easy thing to implement basic load out weight to the ships, would be usefull to see ships realistic speed at sale.

I’m sure all captains would agree with you. 

I've noticed actual speeds are based on weight. So thing's like cannons and hold items decrease it. The speed you see in the shop is the actual speed without any weight in the boat, i.e. no cannons, consumables, etc.

I actually made a spreadsheet that calculates your actual speed based on weight in the hold and speed bonuses so I can see exactly how fast I can go at certain weights.

But I digress. You are right, there are some inconsistencies with how speed is displayed on ships that are docked vs. ones you set as your main. It would be nice to see this rectified.

Sincerely,