Game-Labs Forum

The Evidence of Cheating Can't Possibly Be More Obvious

On 5/8/2019 at 1:59 AM, admin said:

There is no violation of rules legacy mechanics. Please avoid calling something you do not like or something that does not yet properly work cheating. 

It is cheating, pure and simple.  Not just because I don't like it.  It is also dishonorable act for those clans and the players in them who continue using this CHEAT.  What you, @admin, are displaying is a total disregard for fair play.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

It was XXXXX that owned St Mary's and dropped it. I assume to flip it over to VCO's control as most of XXXX guys are in VCO now.   Either way once the exploit was found it should of been reported and stopped. Than let the devs call what to do.  The right thing would of been to drop the port or just not show up to the Port battle and than move on to do more testing other places.   

Thank you for the clarification, I forgot.   As you say some of the members went to VCO.  And agree the act in question is the act of taking the hostility mission on the neutral port.  Either way the plan is clear. 

Well to be specific what VCO did was not in fact cheating, it was making use of an exploit. Along the same caliber as duplicating ships and their contents. That was not labeled as cheating but an exploit until the dev's could toss together a patch to prevent it from occurring again. I don't remember the dev's going after anyone who had used the exploit prior to it's discovery. So you might as well chalk this up in the same box. Should VCO have continued with the hostility after discovering that it was not working as intended - Yes plain and simple. I have known VCO for a very long time and there is one consistent thing about them, they will do what is in their best interest before the server or anyone else. But the same could be said for a few other clans as well though.

13 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

That is why I can't wait until the release where you can't have a bunch of 1st rates shaked up read in a port so far away from ya'lls starting port.   You have to start from Capital and from scratch like the rest of us.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.  At the moment, I have not heard of any changes to hostility from free ports.  That means that ANYONE can attack out of the free ports instead of their own capitol.  This opens up a lot more strategic options.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, --Privateer-- said:

lol, you're telling admin how to play their own game? 🤣

Yes, for the overall betterment of the game.  It is obligation of the devs to maintain order in the ranks.   Otherwise there is chaos, resentment, etc.  Which is not good for the game community.    We should be trying to grow the community so as to attract more players.  Not set up situations where there is resentment in the ranks.

When folks takes steps to get short cuts (regardless of the label attached to it), it does not sit well with others who are trying to play a game.  A game needs to be set up and maintained with an equal playing field.   Otherwise it won't last long. 

You guys are good enough not to need a short cut.  You could of found a different route to where you were going to go, might of taken some time, but you might of still accomplished your goal. 

Edited by Yehoodi
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Playing the victim is not bettering the situation for the U.S. players in the game.  The only thing it accomplishes is enhances a culture of victimhood and self insufficiency. Some of you guys are better than that and shouldn't be caught up in it, especially given that we are pre-wipe in an Early Access testing phase.  

I hear what you are saying, and it is good to adjust and adapt, as one should.   And yes we have some good folks (thank you) in the US, but is it tough when one is out numbered.   This may change down the road, who knows, maybe sooner than later.   

One concern for me and few others, is the point if the devs are not going to step in here, are they going to step in on other situations after release.   

Another concern is the charge on the US coast happened a lot sooner than expected and via a short cut, which brought the ire up as some of us were looking forward to tooling around the east coast testing port upgrades, trading, etc, as opposed to having to get sidetracked with PvP and port battle.  We would preferred to test out the new mechanics.  Surely a raid on the coast was likely to come, but some of us wanted to focus on the new mechanics first and save the rest for later.