Game-Labs Forum

Unable to claim clan resource mission

Archaos

I placed a clan resource order in a port where I did not have an outpost and 24 hours later when I came to pick up the resources it will not allow me collect them as it states my ship will be overloaded. It does not seem to consider that I may have ships in fleet or someone else that I will trade the resources to in that port after I receive them.

Basically this means that you cannot do a clan resource mission in a port where you do not have an outpost as all the resource missions give 5k of the resource and the largest hold size you can have is 4.8k. If this was the intention then it should not let you take the mission in the first place. I have just wasted my time getting my ship there to collect the resources and bringing doubloons there to place another order only to find I cannot.

I have F11'ed it but again I hope this is fixed soon or we are given more outpost slots so we can setup outposts to pick up these clan resources.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Archaos said:

I placed a clan resource order in a port where I did not have an outpost and 24 hours later when I came to pick up the resources it will not allow me collect them as it states my ship will be overloaded. It does not seem to consider that I may have ships in fleet or someone else that I will trade the resources to in that port after I receive them.

Basically this means that you cannot do a clan resource mission in a port where you do not have an outpost as all the resource missions give 5k of the resource and the largest hold size you can have is 4.8k. If this was the intention then it should not let you take the mission in the first place. I have just wasted my time getting my ship there to collect the resources and bringing doubloons there to place another order only to find I cannot.

I have F11'ed it but again I hope this is fixed soon or we are given more outpost slots so we can setup outposts to pick up these clan resources.

Resources are safe waiting for you. Waiting for the bigger ships.
We cannot code in fleet cargo checks in the reasonable time because everyone is working on other more important features for next patch. 

comment on the "not let you take the mission in the first place" is strange; you should be able take a mission in a lynx or even without a ship and come back later to pick up having a larger fleet with you (or friends).

2 hours ago, admin said:

Waiting for the bigger ships.
We cannot code in fleet cargo checks in the reasonable time because everyone is working on other more important features for next patch.

Are we getting a new large trader? :D Or is "bigger ship" just a different way of stating that we have to wait for a fleet cargo check feature? 🤔

1 hour ago, Tiedemann said:

Are we getting a new large trader? :D Or is "bigger ship" just a different way of stating that we have to wait for a fleet cargo check feature? 🤔

Waiting for you to bring 2 indiamen :)

4 hours ago, admin said:

Resources are safe waiting for you. Waiting for the bigger ships.

comment on the "not let you take the mission in the first place" is strange; you should be able take a mission in a lynx or even without a ship and come back later to pick up having a larger fleet with you (or friends).

But why should I be restricted to carrying it in a bigger single ship, why do the resources not just drop into my warehouse and let me sort it out from there if I want to spread it among my fleet or trade it straight away? Great that you are working on new features, but some of these simple issues create frustration, please just let the reward drop into the warehouse space in the port.

Regarding the comment "not let you take the mission in the first place" well it is logical if I cannot collect the reward in a port that I do not have an outpost in then I should not be able to take the mission in that port in the first place. I ended up wasting time moving doubloons there, waiting the 24 hours for the resources, getting ships there to take the resources only to find that I cannot collect it, so now I have to move my ships back to an outpost empty, rejig my outposts so I can open an outpost in that port and then move my ships back to pick up the goods. Its all right saying "Resources are safe waiting for you. Waiting for the bigger ships." but that means that I now have reduced mission slots because one is taken up with that mission, and even 10 mission slots is not enough if you want to do economy. PvE and PvP missions.

12 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Regarding the comment "not let you take the mission in the first place" well it is logical if I cannot collect the reward in a port that I do not have an outpost in then I should not be able to take the mission in that port in the first place. 

I understand.
we will allow receiving the goods into temporary warehouse. But in this case of course - some people who dont read warnings when exiting port will start losing those resources.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, admin said:

I understand.
we will allow receiving the goods into temporary warehouse. But in this case of course - some people who dont read warnings when exiting port will start losing those resources.

this is a fair change though.

If you are redeeming clan delivery missions I assure you that people are taking care in making sure they have the goods before they leave.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, admin said:

I understand.

Maybe in the future allow clan owned ports to have a mini warehouse.  Something like 5 slots you can put stuff in and others can take out. That way if you need to trade some goods with some one off line they can just pop into that port and get them.  Or you can stack Doubloons in until the full amount is reached.

• Like 1