Game-Labs Forum

A Controversial Subject.

1 minute ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Some guys don't care for ECO. I did learn to accept that.

Not my game, but hey... whatever. Sailing NPC captures doesn't require crafting anyway.

And DLC ships has nothing to do with lengthy sails or not.

I mean... guys...

DLC is not going away. What part is hard to get ?

you can sail as many NPC captured ships as you want .... I would say you have very little chance of winning a battle in one against a  DLC pay to win ship with a  half competent player sailing it

3 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

you can sail as many NPC captured ships as you want .... I would say you have very little chance of winning a battle in one against a  DLC pay to win ship with a  half competent player sailing it

And ? Not a duelist but i won't back down from a chance encounter 1v1... Not that competitive myself, just love the game.

Just now lost a npc surprise but we captured player bellona and inger.

We truly play different experiences. Best of luck

lets face it the only DLC in the game should be cosmetic ones .. and  im ok with the forged papers

the dlc pay to win ships were an act of ill thought out desperation .. to try and reatain players .. who didnt want to grind  .. its  fuuny that these players use their DLC ships to gank noobs who then quit ... go figure that out

• Like 2

1 minute ago, staun said:

1 2 is your definition. Go read a lot of the postin this forum. What ppl complaint about is. Redeem, acces to a ship nobody ells have and it is op. Your solution dosent solve that.

3 But I can offer a guy, lets say 2 of my 5 perments to craft the ships for me. Isent that P2W.

1 I dont care what people say about stats. Read the topic page one. Stats are for combat mechanics discussions. I am talking about the RVR of DLC ships. I Belive the requin is to fast close hauled and I belive all 6th rates and hercules have to high turn rates. Still completly besides the point. 

This thread here is where we discuss stats.

3 Its not pay to win since you are building the ships. Again to clarify this is about the ship building aspect. Not the stats and performance of those ships in battles. 

If you read the topic you will read that I created it in response to what admin said to me about capturing ships. 

4 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

And ? Not a duelist but i won't back down from a chance encounter 1v1... Not that competitive myself, just love the game.

Just now lost a npc surprise but we captured player bellona and inger.

We truly play different experiences. Best of luck

and ?

as you say we truly do play different experiences ... but i guarantee mine is that of the majority of players over the last 2 years  .. and yours is the minority ... thats why  its 21.15 GMT prime time for europe and theres only 312 players in game

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

A captured ship is also not capable of killing a crafted ship. If it was crafting would be dead. DLC ships being able to kill or not kill crafted ships is irrelevant. What is relevant is their performance compared to crafted ships. The issue here is you cannot compared any 2 ships because they are all different. Is a crafted suprise better than requin and herc in 1v1? 100% yes. Is a crafted cerberus better than a herc in a 1v1? Herc has better guns so yes?. Why is the herc op and the suprise not if a suprise can smash any shallow water ship. Hercs turn rate is a bit high but she is not completely op like people say. 

Their ingame price is the biggest issue, I have no doubt about that.

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

and ?

as you say we truly do play different experiences ... but i guarantee mine is that of the majority of players over the last 2 years  .. and yours is the minority ... thats why  its 21.15 GMT prime time for europe and theres only 312 players in game

I talk only for myself. Never for newguys, or everyone, or the majority or some guys or my clan. You get it.

And I have no idea how many players are on, seldom i have the counter showing up so it doesn't affect my "mental state".

There's always a ship to fight in the ocean.

But, honestly...what do you want from the game ? Really, honestly and without flowery stuff.

That's what you should post and not chasing tails.

I was against so many things in game... but have to play with them - safe zones... dlc... alts... whatever...

4 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

and ?

lack of players has nothing to do with the development of this game. Reason we have no players is that there is no marketing, its a 4 year old alpha and people get sick of games in general. Not everyone plays 4000 hours like the 2 of us virgins. Its also hard to get streamer to do marketing because we stream snipe the hello kitty out of them. I am 100% guilty of this myself and when I think about it I see how stupid I am.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

I talk only for myself. Never for newguys, or everyone, or the majority or some guys or my clan. You get it.

And I have no idea how many players are on, seldom i have the counter showing up so it doesn't affect my "mental state".

There's always a ship to fight in the ocean.

But, honestly...what do you want from the game ? Really, honestly and without flowery stuff.

That's what you should post and not chasing tails.

think your trying to derail the topic ...

Sorry.

Back on it then.

DLC ships...

they here to stay.

As i said in other threads about the Herc... needs review.

But not only the Herc but everything around it and it will affect also other ships. Wind, sail force, modules...

That's my take on it.

8 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

think your trying to derail the topic ...

Don't be to hard on @Hethwill the Red Duke I also hate the fact he is so overwhelmingly positive about everything. I bet he is american. I can tell you with my heart and soul he is not defending anyone. I know him a while and he just deals with stuff as they are and doesn't complain. That is why he is a mod and the 2 of us are not. You 2 would love eathother.

Edited by HachiRoku

3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Most people here are not honest when it comes down what they really want and because of what reason.

its really annoying and if you feel that way about me tell me. I try to be objective but I am human and have a hard time getting points across sometimes. I make alot of typos to and they can be understood completely wrong. 

1 minute ago, HachiRoku said:

lack of players has nothing to do with the development of this game. Reason we have no players is that there is no marketing, its a 4 year old alpha and people get sick of games in general. Not everyone plays 4000 hours like the 2 of us virgins. Its also hard to get streamer to do marketing because we stream snipe the hello kitty out of them. I am 100% guilty of this myself and when I think about it I see how stupid I am.

i disagree mate .... you have played the game for a long time with a close knit group of players in your clan ... not so many noobs

we have always accepted noobs into our clan ... i see them play lose their ships ... and quit ..

people get sick of putting  x number of hours of grind  game play to build a ship .... and then see it get sunk by a dlc pay to win ship

Just now, Grundgemunkey said:

i disagree mate .... you have played the game for a long time with a close knit group of players in your clan ... not so many noobs

we have always accepted noobs into our clan ... i see them play lose their ships ... and quit ..

people get sick of putting  x number of hours of grind  game play to build a ship .... and then see it get sunk by a dlc pay to win ship

Is it really just the dlc ship or would they leave because of any other ship as well?

6 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

But @Grundgemunkey I still love you man. I really miss having a chat now and again. Ill be off for 2 weeks so we can maybe have a talk about our shitty lives?

lol nothing shitty about my life ... or maybe we have different expectations ... maybe  you should start by getting a decent car ... look forward to  chatting

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grundgemunkey said:

fair enough, that is a good point to be fair. Lets keep this thread clean thou because DLC ships matter to you as much as myself

10 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

fair enough, that is a good point to be fair. Lets keep this thread clean thou because DLC ships matter to you as much as myself

i dont have so much a problem with dlc ships ... just the ones that they have selected as DLC

Like i just said .. the ships that come seal clubbing are the dlc ships ... to me its not the dlc that hurts the game ... just the relentless seal clubbing  by them ... we try and help but as soon as a decent ship and captain joins the battle .. usually the le req  turns into the wind and escapes ...

if we on rare occasions sink one they are back 20mins later in their redeemable copy

the noobs are fed up been sunk by them ... the more experienced players are fed up chasing them ... its no fun  people quit when they dont have fun

Hethwill is a good guy  I agree ... ive nothing against him at all ... just the limitation on typing on  a forum may make it seem so

Edited by Grundgemunkey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Grundgemunkey said:

i dont have so much a problem with dlc ships ... just the ones that they have selected as DLC

Like i just said .. the ships that come seal clubbing are the dlc ships ... to me its not the dlc that hurts the game ... just the relentless seal clubbing  by them ... we try and help but as soon as a decent ship and captain joins the battle .. usually the le req  turns into the wind and escapes ...

if we on rare occasions sink one they are back 20mins later in their redeemable copy

the noobs are fed up been sunk by them ... the more experienced players are fed up chasing them ... its no fun  people quit when they dont have fun

Hethwill is a good guy 

It doesnt matter what kind of ship is DLC as long as they are free to redeem and convenient. Requin is a pain in the ass I agree but she is here to stay. Lets wait and see if pirate rig is nerfed and crafting can be added to dlc ships. 

Just now, HachiRoku said:

It doesnt matter what kind of ship is DLC as long as they are free to redeem and convenient. Requin is a pain in the ass I agree but she is here to stay. Lets wait and see if pirate rig is nerfed and crafting can be added to dlc ships. 

Pirate rig is already nerfed..but what about all the fancy new quadrant and sextant mods?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

nerfing the pirate rig ,, hurts every ship not just the dlc ships ... so nerfing it has no effect

a better soloution would be taking away the ability to add refits to dlc ships

4 minutes ago, PG Monkey said:

Pirate rig is already nerfed..but what about all the fancy new quadrant and sextant mods?

i dont know, I will have time to play next week. Have 2 weeks holidays and am looking forward to playing more. I have not fought a battle in patch 29 yet. 

2 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

nerfing the pirate rig ,, hurts every ship not just the dlc ships ... so nerfing it has no effect

a better soloution would be taking away the ability to add refits to dlc ships

I am not in the position to test that because I will not pay for something to test it.