Game-Labs Forum

A Controversial Subject.

Just now, HachiRoku said:

Well I dont know what is more evidence than saying the DLC ships are cheaper in game than crafted ships. They are free so there is no debate there. Staun is denying the basic facts so I don't think I can convince him anymore. 

Again where I have I denied they are cheaper. I just have claimed it is not the definition on P2W. 

2 minutes ago, staun said:

I have not denied that any place. All I have said is that on the definitions I googled to find out what P2W are, it never have been the definition. 

But you are proberbly right. I am most likely delusional, I still belive debate can be made objectively and ppl go in to it with an opend mind. For me the one I had with slim a bit back in this thread, was a good one. We found a common ground to debate what P2W was.

You and i could have had a good one debating what an significicant advantage was. But I have realized it never will happends.

for the 3rd time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play

You dont need to be openminded to accept 2+2=4. Its common sense. 

Just now, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

DLC ships cost is Game + DLC value. Crafted ships cost is Game. ( insert $$ values here )

Virtual investment for DLC ship is ? Virtual investment for normal ship is ? ( insert data here )

There is no ingame value since the ships are simply free. How can I insert anything? Real life money you pay on the DLC has no impact ingame whatsoever. 

DLC ships cost is Game + DLC value. Crafted ships cost is Game. ( insert $$ values here )

Virtual investment for DLC ship is ? Virtual investment for normal ship is ? ( insert data here )

Virtuel investment.

Dlc(No in game bigger than 5 rate) ships are free, so no cost.

Crafted ships(Up to 5 rate) is free because of the insurrance(some wood may make it cost a bit more than insurrance, but not sure). The debate for me is if the saved time is enough to make it P2W. By the definitions I have found on the net, it is in my opinion not enough to call it P2W. But I understand ppls concern aboutdlc ships  in relation to the gameplay ppl think NA should be. Witch I think is a fair concern and a debate worthy. Be i personally don't think we ever will get there because the only focus in to lable Dlc Ships P2W.

1 minute ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

time of sail to gather resources.

value of resources

value of buildings

value of crafting

value to craft cannons

that kind of data

that's fact

it is irrelevant to compare in game value of the mats and time it takes to craft the ships since you are comparing them to the DLC ships that cost nothing. By irrelevant I mean the exact numbers not the fact they cost something to begin with. 

13 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

time of sail to gather resources.

value of resources

value of buildings

value of crafting

that kind of data

that's fact

ok, let me start here.

the DLC Hercules: = 3 clicks with the mouse select teak / white oak and craft.

no reals no lh no materials. 

so zero zero zero. on resources and mats and labor hours.

the rest of the crafted ships have no data because it differs from player to player 

building your first shipyard = how much reals?

crafting a similar ship like a surprise= is how much LH? (time)

value of materials differs from the player so no data on that one, but it cost reals.(that's what we now)

we do not have that data only develops have that data.

Edited by Thonys

7 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

for the 3rd time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play

You dont need to be openminded to accept 2+2=4. Its common sense. 

Free-to-play (F2P or FtP) video games, also known as free-to-start,[1] are games that give players access to a significant portion of their content without paying. Free-to-play can be contrasted with pay to play, in which payment is required before using a service for the first time.

Have we moved the subject now. Are w e now argueing about if the game is a F2P ore a P2P? I think is is P2P since you have to buy the first game to play it.Not sure what it have to do with P2W. Is that your argument for they cant have any dlc in the game, because we paid for the game to play it.

There are several kinds of free-to-play business models. The most common is based on the freemium software model; thus, free-to-play games are oftentimes not entirely free. For freemium games, users are granted access to a fully functional game but must pay microtransactions to access additional content. Another method of generating revenue is through integrate advertisements into the game.

Guess there is a case that could be argues that you should have acces for playing the game off line as a single player and If you would have to play online you would have to pay microtransactions.

Actually 2+2 is not always 4. It depends on what system you use. Not sure what the correct matmathical term is. But that is just splitting word. But it is fun. maybe we have a math professor in here that can show us all the ways 2+2 can end up with another number than 4.

1 minute ago, staun said:

Free-to-play (F2P or FtP) video games, also known as free-to-start,[1] are games that give players access to a significant portion of their content without paying. Free-to-play can be contrasted with pay to play, in which payment is required before using a service for the first time.

Have we moved the subject now. Are w e now argueing about if the game is a F2P ore a P2P? I think is is P2P since you have to buy the first game to play it.Not sure what it have to do with P2W. Is that your argument for they cant have any dlc in the game, because we paid for the game to play it.

There are several kinds of free-to-play business models. The most common is based on the freemium software model; thus, free-to-play games are oftentimes not entirely free. For freemium games, users are granted access to a fully functional game but must pay microtransactions to access additional content. Another method of generating revenue is through integrate advertisements into the game.

Guess there is a case that could be argues that you should have acces for playing the game off line as a single player and If you would have to play online you would have to pay microtransactions.

Actually 2+2 is not always 4. It depends on what system you use. Not sure what the correct matmathical term is. But that is just splitting word. But it is fun. maybe we have a math professor in here that can show us all the ways 2+2 can end up with another number than 4.

You see it just proves that you did not open the link and read it. Go read it from beginning to end please. 

4 minutes ago, staun said:

nope 2+2 is always 4. 

give you need to equip her with guns, you need reals for those. so i'm sure it might take a bit more than zero 

own crafted ships build have guns to, it is almost the same amount for guns, so there is no significant difference.  

you say i have a lolly , and you have a ....lolly...

Just now, staun said:

How did I not open the link if I copied from it?

Because you only read the Free to play part of it. By that you proved to me that you like to take things out of context to argue. If you scrolled down a bit you would see there is a paragraph for P2W. Why would I link something about F2P when naval action is not F2P??? Its not Free to Play because we payed 40 euros for it. 

1 minute ago, Thonys said:

own crafted ships build have guns to, it is almost the same amount for guns, so there is no significant difference.  

you say i have a lolly , and you have a ....lolly...

And that value is ... ?

As you see, all of you present "feelings", not data.

( mind you i'm not contesting anything, just trying to help each one of you present proper fact that can de decisive... )

Because this is really running its course, so turn it into something productive or just call an end to it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Because you only read the Free to play part of it. By that you proved to me that you like to take things out of context to argue. If you scrolled down a bit you would see there is a paragraph for P2W. Why would I link something about F2P when naval action is not F2P??? Its not Free to Play because we payed 40 euros for it. 

Well the post about P2W has allready have been covered in all the others definition we talked about. Didn't actually read much new in that post called critecisme. So i actually thought you would go somewhere ells

13 minutes ago, staun said:

Yes, 22

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

I really cannot get over the fact you linked binary. HAHAHA omfg. 

I put an extra link in. Just danish ofc, just had to find it.. But I guess a smart guy like you can but them in context.

Go look at it again. You still would clame that 2+2 always is 4. Trolling maybe a bit. But that was to prove that because you call thing a fact, it is not always the truth. 2+2 is not always 4 as you claim. But fine you just as always ignors when you are proven wrong and try to make fun of ppl. Thats your debate style and I guess it is the one you belive will get you the best result.

As said it was splitting word, but sometime it is fun to do with you.

Edited by staun

8 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

And that value is ... ?

As you see, all of you present "feelings", not data.

( mind you i'm not contesting anything, just trying to help each one of you present proper fact that can de decisive... )

Because this is really running its course, so turn it into something productive or just call an end to it.

oke, let me tell you that summed up crafting a single surprise (getting mats and waiting time LH and mission Reals gathering, building develop costs etc ., (whats my feeling, i never clocked it) is about 40 hours total.

so now you have a number what can differ from player to player and i do not have that data. only development has the exact data.