Game-Labs Forum

PvE: Bring back NPC 25-ship-fleets for clans and their guests on the hunt

1 hour ago, Powderhorn said:

So, how would something like, "While in a group of 5 players (10 players, 15, 20, 25 players), earn 50, 100, 150, 200, 250 assists or kills against X rate vessels" to get YYY doubloons, Z chest sound?

(This seems do-able with the current framework, but you'd need the group missions to spawn the same for everyone in each port, not sure if solo missions are currently that way)

This is a good question and is relevant to what I think was a mistake in design evolution.

The old system tracked the damage you did to enemies in battle and you received gold and XP for it. Then, there was only credit for ships sunk. Now, I think we're back to some combination which I believe is you only get credit for ships sunk or assisted in sinking.

I agree with many others that the RNG nature of doubloon dropping, which you then have to loot from a hold, is a poor decision. It's too similar to loot boxes.

I think that while doubloons could still be retained as is for some purchases and some items, another form of "currency" that could be used for a lot of the same things should be introduced and it would be called "Fame". Fame would be awarded similar to the old system: you automatically get it based on damage you inflict. This would 1) adequately historically model the ability of captains of the era to make a name for themselves in an action that they don't necessarily win, 2) Give a mechanism where you will get something even if you are not able to loot a hold, and 3) provide a more historical justification and "currency" which is spent on larger ships, better perks, etc. The respective admiralties didn't reward captains who were wealthy, they rewarded ones who were famous and skilled (though those traits often threaded together). You didn't go from a frigate to a lineship because you "bought" it, you did it because you achieved sufficient fame and seniority.

4 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

So, how would something like, "While in a group of 5 players (10 players, 15, 20, 25 players), earn 50, 100, 150, 200, 250 assists or kills against X rate vessels" to get YYY doubloons, Z chest sound?

(This seems do-able with the current framework, but you'd need the group missions to spawn the same for everyone in each port, not sure if solo missions are currently that way)

Actually PvE clans engaged in the 25-fleet challenge don't care about loot or rewards, as you may have noticed, our concern is only about the event and challenge itself people had together. I don't think we need to add a special reward. They are happy just seeing 25 ship fleets again.

I personally like the new missions. Anyway I don't see a connection between the post-patch mission system and the presence of big 25-fleets in OW.

6 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Anyway I don't see a connection between the post-patch mission system and the presence of big 25-fleets in OW.

With a constant number of bots in OW, I guess that more big fleets in OW = fewer solo bots and medium fleets = fewer opportunities for solo and small/medium groups to fulfill "Hunt" and "Search and destroy" missions, such as 'kill 8x surprise'.

I currently see a lot of diversity in the composition of bot fleets in OW : 1, 1+1, 1+2, 1+4, 1+5, 1+8, 1+10... (if I get it right, the larger ones are 1+12 as mentioned here). I guess it's made to be realistic and enable solo players or small/medium groups to have different options : 1vs1, 1vs2...

(btw, IMHO, solo bots are not that many. But it makes you search.)

Should there be more/fewer solo bots, more/fewer med-sized fleets, more bigger fleets ? I guess the composition of OW bot fleets can certainly be discussed.

However, about 25-bot fleets, what about a new kind of "Kill" mission (you know the missions located on a map with an anchor), maybe with a special name (please, not 'Trafalgar' 😁) : "Target : 25x a mix of 1-3 Rates" (or only 1st(?)-Rates) (maybe only on the PvE server) ? 

(btw I too like the new missions)

Edited by LeBoiteux

19 hours ago, TornadosBZH said:

Hello,
I am part of the FRF clan on the PVE server. 
We have more than 150 players in this clan and I hope that you will listen to us: 
the disappearance of the fleets of 25 ships directly impacts our gameplay focused on the group game. 
Fleets of 25 were a way to gather around the same battle on weekends or even during the week to have a good time, 
to have a minimum of challenge.
Our clan regularly hunted these fleets, we can prove it by giving a large number of battle reports. 
We do not understand your choice to remove them without asking their opinion to the PVE players (again).
We ask that it be reinstated as soon as possible. Thx for reading me

I am with the FPM clan on the PVE server... we are also a 150+ member group and agree wholeheartedly with the above.

When was the last time y’all done one of those fleets?  Since the pentaction changes?  I’m pretty sure you would get torn up pretty bad with the results of the first post by OP cause every thing would be penning and destroying your crew. 

Once again I see 25 fleet ships I OW all the time in IS waters and 12 ship fleets in the shallows.  Maybe this is a PvP server only thing and you PVE server guys are getting screwed over.  Maybe your to lazy to actually hunt them down?  Who knows but sure having half your ports neutral all the time doesn’t help.  Which makes me wonder why doesn’t PVE map have locked historical ports like when we had the last wipe.  

58 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Maybe your to lazy to actually hunt them down?

I tend to ignore that silly remark. Propose you create yourself an account on PvE Peace server if you think everyone in this thread don't know what they are talking about, and go see for yourself. I'll donate 1000 doubloons to you if you prove the presence of a 1+24 fleet there, before devs decide to reintegrate them there again (if ever).

5 hours ago, LeBoiteux said:

However, about 25-bot fleets, what about a new kind of "Kill" mission (you know the missions located on a map with an anchor), maybe with a special name (please, not 'Trafalgar' 😁) : "Target : 25x a mix of 1-3 Rates" (or only 1st(?)-Rates) (maybe only on the PvE server) ? 

Oh well, if that is the only way to put them back, so be it. And while you're at it, don't forget the medium ships. My screen shots from OP were from a medium ship fleet battle and that I found actually harder to master than the SOL engagement we had a week or so earlier.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac

Thank you to take into account these suggestions so that the deserved membership of this innovative game is not restricted. First of all, I would like you to congratulate you on the graphics modifications when you are in a harbour. However newest version of the the game has trading useless due tu the false selling prices. The quantities that you can carry is now too low due to new weights of the materials. Moreover the fleets of 25 ships are now gone, which makes players play alone to do their missions alone. The enemy fleet if way too rare and sometimes we can take up to an hour to search for a fleet… Why this sudden scarcity… The game loses it’s spices very quickly and you can now quickly get bored of this game. Being only a beginner, attacking a fleet with 5 ships with 4th rate ships with a 5th rate ships doesn’t seem very possible. The missions doesn’t seem to be made for the beginners and the doublons are too hard and are too long to gain. So regain interest in the game you could put back the big fleets on the PVE servers so we can play the game as a team so the game becomes for vivid, adapt the mission to all ranks of players, to have reliable information in the trade tool and to revise the doublons gain that are unreachable.

Hello everyone,

I want to thank you for participating in this topic launched by our friend and for which some bring their constructive    reflections and others come, it seems, just to troll a serious conversation.
Being at the origin of this topic because having initiated the discussion in my clan, the FRF of the server PvE, I allow  myself to refocus the subject.

Here it is about the return of the fleets of 25 ships bots, in varied configurations already presented just before. Here, it is a question for a band of players to find interest in playing in large groups, but also to invite other players, our nation but also those of other 
nations to join us for fun and challenge yourself. I understand that PvP players are looking for a particular gain in this kind of 
mission, we are not what we are looking for.
If you're looking for a particular motivation to make an application on a group mission to replace the old fleet battles, I'd suggest 
this:

Gain for PvE server = "X" doubloons to distribute among all the participants.For the server PvP = "X" doubloons and gains in resources of craft for ship. The possibility also to randomly target one or more nations for this kind of missions to  restore battles other than the 
capture of ports if necessary

As a result, everyone would be happy, PvP players with quite motivating winnings and PvE players the opportunity to regain interest in the long run with a little extra. Like this everyone's vision of the game and we stay there, good friends because I do not think it's useful to discuss it any longer.

Cordially

Le Nerval

Edited by Le Nerval

Messieurs les programmeurs bonjour. Merci pour les beaux graphiques de ce jeu.
Depuis la dernière mise à jour, nous aimerions réintroduire les flottes de 25 navires qui ont permis des moments amicaux aux différents membres de mon clan FRF qui jouent, en groupe, en PvE ...
  Pour ma part, je serais reconnaissant de vous réintroduire
- le craft tel qu’il était organisé auparavant
- simplifier les missions pour les débutants en considérant les flottes d’un contre un et de rang éventuellement différent ou un contre deux ou trois du même rang
- réintroduire l’agression sur les navires de commerce telle qu'elle  au début de the game in Pve
  --- Avec nos remerciements et espérons que vous répondez positivement à notre demande.

Edited by petrel

Gentlemen programmers hello. Thank you for the beautiful graphics of this game.
Since the last update, we would like to reintroduce the fleets of 25 ships which allowed friendly moments to the different members of my FRF clan who play, in group, in PvE ...
  For my part, I would be grateful to reintroduce you
-the craft as it was organized before
- to simplify the missions for beginners by considering fleets of a story one and of rank possibly different or one against two or three of the same rank
- to reintroduce aggression on commercial vessels as previously existed at the beginning of the game in Pve
  --- With our thanks and hope that you respond positively to our request.

Pour moi qui débute ( moins de 500 heurs de jeu ) j'ai trouvé la nouvelle version bien plus dure à jouer peu ou pas de missions abordables quasi rien à moins de 5 eme  rang le commerce n en parlons pas le nombre de voyages pour vendre et n'avoir que 1 real comme offre d achat du port ... le trader tool ne reflete pas les prix pratiqués en temps reel les flottes de 25 ont disparu les parties conviviales aussi et cette source de progression dans les techniques de jeu également les relas servent à tres peu de chose les doublons sont trop difficiles à gagner les bateaux hors de prix sans parler de la collecte payante aussi en doublons pour les ressources en auto production .... simple question ... pour évoluer on ait comment ? ou ce jeu est désormais réservé aux joueurs confirmés auquel cas dites le,  remboursez nous,  et on n'en parle plus 

merci