Game-Labs Forum

Fleet perk

This has been brought up before but now with the Developers new emphasis on capturing ships it needs to be addressed again.

Every Captain should be able to have one ship in fleet without using a perk.

Fleet control one should give an additional fleet ship for a total of two, Fleet control two give two additional for a total of three.

• Like 5

Agreed, with the new AI traders cargoes it is usually beneficial to try and get the captured trader home as the capturing vessel has limited hold space and cannot usually take a lot of cargo, so all players should have at least 1 slot fleet as standard without having to use up a perk slot.

I agree with you on this but in reality, its not that big a deal.  If you forget to do it, it's your own fault, isn't it?  I understand the argument that we only have 5 perks and one is wasted on this (the other is wasted on "Prepared, which we should also have automatically).  TBH, I would prefer to see perks tied to the ship and not the player.  My Indiaman does not have the same perk requirement as my Carro Herc. 

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I would prefer to see perks tied to the ship and not the player.

5 slots... perks and books to select from ?.... oh my head...it hurts.... why can't everything be free :(

Out of joke, the design of the perks is intended as specialization of the Captain ( perks reset is a comfort item ); actually mortar gunner crews weren't even navy

• Like 2