Game-Labs Forum

Le Req is changing the game!

the biggest prob is that you can attack every ship in the reinforcement zone with the le requin . the reinforcements are useless. nobody attack with 1st or 2nd rate an enemy ship in the reinforcement zone. 

41 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

just asking in last 24 hours he was quite vocal against requins

It is already 4 weeks ago

46 minutes ago, Christoph said:

We boarded a british buc with 2 Le requin 😀

Is this a jaws moment.....?

Have you seen my ....scar?

40 minutes ago, Christoph said:

the biggest prob is that you can attack every ship in the reinforcement zone with the le requin . the reinforcements are useless. nobody attack with 1st or 2nd rate an enemy ship in the reinforcement zone. 

You can attack every ship in reinforcement zone with any ship.

Whether you survive or not is another matter......

Le Sexy helps with escape, if you know when to run.

On 8/20/2018 at 12:13 AM, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Well, wadda you expect them to fight your uberships in, little 60 man Privateers and Pickles or something?  Princes and Rattlers with half the number of crew or perhaps much less?  LOL 

That would be great thanks. 😁

Perhaps they could also remove their guns like their nice trader do.😉

Now, the pirate frigs and rens and trincs and cerbs that came out captained by mid rankers smashed us up pretty good. Masts were falling all over and only coordinated TS sailing allowed us to escape their uncoordinated mess.

However most of the high rankers come out in big fat slow armoured super OP Sols and end up looking stupid.

I'm actually trying to stop them looking stupid and getting so salty.

I could tell them how to fight Le Sexy but I put in the time to learn and I am enjoying their salt.

Maybe one day I will....but not to day effendi.

1 minute ago, dark lord rediii said:

who gives a fuck?

I do. Obviously you don't.

All ships are OP given the opportunity to equip so.

All ships will be able to rampage hit and run given the equipment. Been there, done that. Is done everyday but you look only to Xebec.

Sorry, i do not make selective observations as it fits me or not. 

( suddenly the eco is important !?.... gimme a break. been fighting for hardcore logistics for too long now that i made my peace with - grab ship. sail out. fight. GG. logoff )

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

She is a 5th rate and rightfully so due to first considerations - rigging. Fact.

Uhm, unrated vessels or sloops could carry a ship rig. The smallest three-masted ship from our period I´ve seen was around 50' long.

Gun count (and calibre, depending on the country) is what matters.

• Like 1

Just now, Malachi said:

Uhm, unrated vessels or sloops could carry a ship rig. The smallest three-masted ship from our period I´ve seen was around 50' long.

Gun count (and calibre, depending on the country) is what matters.

So what would it be ? Rig, then gun count, then tonnage ? Seen sloops of war with as many guns as 5th rates, but they weren't rate as so.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

No hard and fast answer to this question, I´m afraid. For example, La Renommée was classed as a frégate de 8 (livres) when she was built in 1744. In 1800, she would have been a corvette.

Curiously, her gun count (30) would have made her a 5th Rate in british service, yet she classed as a 6th Rate (IIRC).

The only thing that´s quite certain is that an one- or two-masted vessel would be 'unrated'. But those ships got quite big, the Cruizer-class of 1797 was around 100', that´s the size of a respectable frigate in 1700.

Edited by Malachi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

We are working to tune the alternatives. But we believe a lot of players will still use the requin and herc because of convenience even if there are other alternative 6th rates and 5th rates that are better

Make it a reedemable permit and make people craft them. Since when is naval action about convenience? As I have said before. If you make exceptions to ships in game design you break the game. Other ships cost alot of PvP marks to make the notes. If a connie costs me 30 pvp marks. I would say that is 1-2 hours of good pvp. That is 20-40 euros of my time if I were at work. More expensive than a requin right? The dlc is far to cheap for what it gives. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

We are working to tune the alternatives. But we believe a lot of players will still use the requin and herc because of convenience even if there are other alternative 6th rates and 5th rates that are better

Care to explain which 6th rate is better then requin?

10 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Make it a reedemable permit and make people craft them. Since when is naval action about convenience? As I have said before. If you make exceptions to ships in game design you break the game. Other ships cost alot of PvP marks to make the notes. If a connie costs me 30 pvp marks. I would say that is 1-2 hours of good pvp. That is 20-40 euros of my time if I were at work. More expensive than a requin right? The dlc is far to cheap for what it gives. 

DLC needs too be intresting how many would buy DLC permit not many then these few  will demand high price for ship and we will be back too p2w crys even if this ship will not be tradable or cappable we are in the same spot as we are now you paid real money for good ship permit.

16 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

You make some fair points, if a serious consideration is made regarding economy and crafting, which is not even a reality.

30 PvP marks have no RL counterpart value. It is a "individual" consideration, as you well put, of a imaginary value in regards only to yourself. Hobby time costs nothing, it is free time.

On the business side of things... if it would've been a "classic frigate" design to be the DLC everyone would be happy and not so "alarmed", but Frigates can be captured from the NPC fleets. How many can a player capture in 2 hours ? 3 ? 5 ? And they come equipped with guns already. True, no Trinc nor Santa Cecilias on those.

2 minutes ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

You make some fair points, if a serious consideration is made regarding economy and crafting, which is not even a reality.

30 PvP marks have no RL counterpart value. It is a "individual" consideration, as you well put, of a imaginary value in regards only to yourself. Hobby time costs nothing, it is free time.

On the business side of things... if it would've been a "classic frigate" design to be the DLC everyone would be happy and not so "alarmed", but Frigates can be captured from the NPC fleets. How many can a player capture in 2 hours ? 3 ? 5 ? And they come equipped with guns already. True, no Trinc nor Santa Cecilias on those.

This i whole point requin and Herc are too unique too get people too buy DLC frigate she herself does need too be OP even Lhermione would sell and she is 12pd frigate with normal advantages and disadvantages other frigates have not too mention she is not OP

Just now, Lovec1990 said:

This i whole point requin and Herc are too unique too get people too buy DLC frigate she herself does need too be OP even Lhermione would sell and she is 12pd frigate with normal advantages and disadvantages other frigates have not too mention she is not OP

That's right. All my PvP marks go for L'Hermiones ( absolutely love her ). Works perfectly for me and my free time. Being free - non dlc - why not more use her ?...

Just now, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

That's right. All my PvP marks go for L'Hermiones. Works perfectly. Being free - non dlc - why not more use her ?

Lhermione is not free you need PvP marks witch are not free still you could have both DLC Lhermione and PvP Lhermione normal players can get.

1 minute ago, Rickard said:

did you take this into consideration?

the sollutions that your dev team should consider are nerfing the hercules significantly or/and increase the cool down time for redeeming the hercules, for instance from 1 hercules every day to 1 hercules once per week or month and hercules being barred from PBs. premium ships like the hercules should be seen as collector items and not OP P2W ships.

one week is too much 48hours for herc max and stop nerfing herc ban from PB is too much already DLC ships should be allowed to join PBs why should they be excluded plus there is no p2w its lies buthurt people cry here?

Just now, Lovec1990 said:

Lhermione is not free

Takes 1 drop from a AI grind sold to someone to be able to "redeem" 10 L'Hermiones. Dont' even have to engage in PvP. Look to the game mechanics please.

Mechanics are not human. They have no feelings, nor do they feel any pains. They give plenty of leeway to players to achieve results, by other means rather than the obvious.

o7 laters