Game-Labs Forum

I suggest that in NA Fishing should be a system implemented into the open world gameplay, fishing at the time had a impact on the daily lives on sailors dureing long deployments and fed port citys. But beside the historical aspect of fishing it can be a basic always available money source!

It would work the same as mineing in EVE, Runescape, and other titles it would be a baseline low danger money maker for players.

I suggest this because all ships should be able to fish, but also specialized ships such as whaling ships should be available to the player who wants to master fishing and make profit that way!

Fishing flow chart would be as follows;

New player----->Safe income needed---->Fishing---->feeds ports---->affects economy---->meaningfull SAFE income---->Upgrades to bigger vessel and joins the open world.

• Like 7

It is certainly an intriguing idea.

- Would Naval Action employ things like fishing belts? (Asteroid belts, but filled with Mackinaw Mackerel instead of Veldspar).

- If so would these fishing grounds move or would they be static?

- Can other players use these grounds to find enemy fishing vessels easier?

- What would the fish be used for? Would they be sold to towns and cities on the market? Would players buy them, or would NPC's have fixed prices that they buy fish at? Or both?

I like any ideas that add diversity to Naval Action. Fishing could certainly be a part of this game if implemented correctly.

I like fishing.

I want fishing in game, because sailors did fish even on SOLs (there are some nice paintings on Library of congress) and it is very easy to make as a distracting relaxing activity. But it won't be done within next 6 months. 

• Like 7