Game-Labs Forum

RvR, Solo Players, Ports and Pirates.

5 hours ago, admin said:

yes
hence the dilemma
its impossible to make solo pvp widely available with quality of life features 

I think there is plenty of solo pvp to be had just not in the capitals and mostly against traders. A solo pvper is almost always limited to a 5th rate ship so that they can escape the large groups but also so that they can catch the traders. the solo pvper has to be able to dictate the attack or retreat. If there was a british solo pvper he could easily camp Puerto de espana or santo domingo and kill traders there wont be a large group in that area unless there is fleet action going on. so the solo pvper can get his content he just has to go to the right place to do it. some may say that they wont get enough action if they do that..... but as a leader of a "large" 15 man group I can tell you that we are lucky if we find 2 engagements per 8 hour day that are worth while. I would bet  a 5th rate camping domingo or espana would catch a lot more than 2 traders in 8 hours... 

p.s. pvp events are great and are achieving their purpose... but we still need some more content in the game. perhaps better pvp rewards would bring more people into the pvp zone. 

Edited by King of Crowns

55 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

I think there is plenty of solo pvp to be had just not in the capitals and mostly against traders. A solo pvper is almost always limited to a 5th rate ship so that they can escape the large groups but also so that they can catch the traders. the solo pvper has to be able to dictate the attack or retreat. If there was a british solo pvper he could easily camp Puerto de espana or santo domingo and kill traders there wont be a large group in that area unless there is fleet action going on. so the solo pvper can get his content he just has to go to the right place to do it. some may say that they wont get enough action if they do that..... but as a leader of a "large" 15 man group I can tell you that we are lucky if we find 2 engagements per 8 hour day that are worth while. I would bet  a 5th rate camping domingo or espana would catch a lot more than 2 traders in 8 hours... 

p.s. pvp events are great and are achieving their purpose... but we still need some more content in the game. perhaps better pvp rewards would bring more people into the pvp zone. 

Like you said, you are a leader of 15 man group very active, that's why you like so much those Gank Arena zones.

• Like 1

A possible way to get many people /new/old to OW...............Global Mission: Devs create a sequence of travel points around the entire map. Get a specific mark from each port visited. A financial reward after 10 ports, a larger one after 50, etc. Once all event ports have been visited, Captain receives a premium ship. Cannot be repeated, however, a second event for a larger premium ship could be available for Captains with over 1000 hours of gameplay.

Edited by Guest

22 hours ago, Fellvred said:
  • New hauling missions (similar to EvE) where the goods are provided by the port and need to be taken somewhere else - preferably through/to pvp areas.

Why would any trader sail into pvp zone when their only chance is to run from the fight which is not possible currently..

The silly circle has to go..   at least for trade ships

3 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Why would any trader sail into pvp zone when their only chance is to run from the fight which is not possible currently..

The silly circle has to go..   at least for trade ships

I rabbit though PvP zones with a fir/fir Traders Lynx with some regularity.  Tip to point 45 and bye-bye.  I've been chased repeatedly but only caught once by a Lynx.  Which fortunately hardly anybody sails except for the French player that caught me off of San Agustin.  It's not risk-free but there are acceptable losses.

But looking at the square-rig speed numbers I can see where this might be more difficult to pull off with something else.

4 minutes ago, Marcus Corvus said:

I rabbit though PvP zones with a fir/fir Traders Lynx with some regularity.  Tip to point 45 and bye-bye.  I've been chased repeatedly but only caught once by a Lynx.  Which fortunately hardly anybody sails except for the French player that caught me off of San Agustin.  It's not risk-free but there are acceptable losses.

But looking at the square-rig speed numbers I can see where this might be more difficult to pull off with something else.

If you get tagged in the patrol zone, even in your tlynx, you cannot escape the battle (mechanics do not permit it).  Granted a tlynx likely won't be caught by the big gank fleets as not much else catches a tlynx apart from a lynx.  These trade missions wouldn't just be tlynxes, that would be silly though perhaps at the lowest level.

Edited by SKurj

2 minutes ago, SKurj said:

If you get tagged in the patrol zone, even in your tlynx, you cannot escape the battle (mechanics do not permit it).  Granted a tlynx likely won't be caught by the big gank fleets as not much else catches a tlynx apart from a lynx.  These trade missions wouldn't just be tlynxes, that would be silly though perhaps at the lowest level.

Yeah I pretty much avoid the patrol zones.  Good way to end up sailing a pile of splinters.

I know these are v1 and developers are busy on other things but patrol missions are really sloppily done for a feature. For one you have to pull the mission even though the actual patrol zone isn't a true mission that appears when pulled it's just an event zone that you either see or don't see but can still get pulled into which makes no sense we do. I get that those are what's needed to get the reward but why not try making the rewards not limited to one spot. What I would consider as a patrol mission is exactly that, go out and patrol wherever and get extra rewards fighting on the OW. So why not consider that a patrol mission and reward people for what we need them to do, fight on the OW.

• Like 2